Food, Drink & Dining Out The Perth Thread - Part 3

ep2018

Bigfooty Pessimist
Sep 16, 2006
AFL Club
West Coast
Also, I reckon the big name stars they get for Supanova almost never come to Perth. They're always east coast only. Never even been tempted.
They have it so the Perth Supanova comes straight after the Sydney one so that guests can go straight to Perth afterwards. As a result, almost all the Sydney guests come to the Perth one.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

jorel6669

John Worsfold Medallist
Jun 5, 2004
AFL Club
West Coast
Ah yeah, been years since I bothered to even check the guests. :p Looks like Sydney/Perth are the same guests, with Melbourne/Gold Coast and Brisbane/Adelaide bunched together at opposite ends of the year. Improvement, as I'm sure when they first started coming here, the big names didn't travel here. Good to see they've fixed that.

Silent Alarm

sack Lyon
Jul 9, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
There's something a bit creepy and unsettling about those cosplay events.

I remember walking home past the one they have at the Exhibition Building in Fitzroy. It was these Star Wars plastic toys being waved around, people in lycra, but there's something so weird about full adults playing make believe, making noises like chewbacca, pretending their plastic toy is a crossbow shooting flames. Maybe it says more about me, but I get the feeling they'd go straight home and have a tug while wearing the outfit they've been in all day.

Plugger35

The umpires are always right!
Sep 27, 2008
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Chelsea, Black Caps, Subiaco
They are all right into it the people that get dressed up in the superhero costumes and they do the pose for photos.

Like the guys that are dressed as Spiderman crouch down and do the shoot the web pose.

My nephew had a Flash costume on and Flash is supposed to do the running man pose.

He just stood there like a stunned mullet.

Beerfish

Bless
Jan 20, 2008
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
MotherMaryDarcy
The only thing that made it worthwhile was going to the 40th anniversary Mad Max seminar with Steve Bisley and Hugh Keays-Byrne, funny as hell.
Holy s**t. I missed that? We went to something like that at the hayshed a few years ago because wifey/jasonmomoa/wateva. It was like everything else you described minus Steve Bisley and Hugh Keays-Byrne but with jasonmomoa inserted. The funny thing is when she saw the queue to say g'day sign this eh? we were leaving just as quick. Seeing him 50 metres away was enough. This is one of the reasons I love my wife.

Silent Alarm

sack Lyon
Jul 9, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
Jason Momoa is such a fu**head. Just seems like a huge flog. A good looking man is Brad Pitt in Fight Club or a young Marlon Brando, not some ludicrously huge dude with a bitch's haircut and slits in his eyebrows.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Silent Alarm

sack Lyon
Jul 9, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
I'm neither here nor there on him personally. Why do you say this? Surely it's not because everything you posted after this?
He just comes across as really inauthentic.

You can tell he sees himself as this desirable alpha male, but he plays it off.

Also he's an actor but he's not especially good at acting, even within the thin confines of the characters he always gets. And look at his filmography? The guy is basically in superhero franchises and movies with The Rock. I find it amazing how many actors are talked up despite being in complete garbage and not even being half-interesting individuals. Do people just like them because they see them all the time?

Plugger35

The umpires are always right!
Sep 27, 2008
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Chelsea, Black Caps, Subiaco
Holy ****. I missed that? We went to something like that at the hayshed a few years ago because wifey/jasonmomoa/wateva. It was like everything else you described minus Steve Bisley and Hugh Keays-Byrne but with jasonmomoa inserted. The funny thing is when she saw the queue to say g'day sign this eh? we were leaving just as quick. Seeing him 50 metres away was enough. This is one of the reasons I love my wife.
You would've loved it if you were a Mad Max fan like me, just seeing the Toecutter in person was a thrill for me and Bisley wore his shades the whole time.

Someone inevitably asked them "What was Mel Gibson like back then?"

Steve - "Gay"

Hugh - "He was a pretty little thing"

They gave a lot of flippant funny responses like that along with more serious responses about how dangerous it was on the set.

They said the stunt director and one of the actresses broke their legs in a motorbike accident on the way to shooting the first day of Mad Max.

They replaced the actress but the stunt director carried on with a broken leg, that's when they realised it was full on.

Also found out that the original Mad Max was the highest grossing low budget film until it got beaten by the Blair Witch Project 20 years later.

craigos

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 2, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Liverpool
Aren't most of these comic book events turning into a reason for girls to dress up like home wreckers? And for grown men to wear masks so they can creep on said women with anonymity?

Pretty much Halloween without the candy.

If so, when's the next one?

Kram

I'll brik u
May 2, 2007
WA
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Chicago Bears, de Boer, Arsenal
You would've loved it if you were a Mad Max fan like me, just seeing the Toecutter in person was a thrill for me and Bisley wore his shades the whole time.

Also found out that the original Mad Max was the highest grossing low budget film until it got beaten by the Blair Witch Project 20 years later.
lol at being a fan of the movie but not knowing this.

It's always pi**ed me that its record got taken by such a crap film.

crafty_bernardo

Premiership Player
Jul 5, 2013
WA
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
He just comes across as really inauthentic.

You can tell he sees himself as this desirable alpha male, but he plays it off.

Also he's an actor but he's not especially good at acting, even within the thin confines of the characters he always gets. And look at his filmography? The guy is basically in superhero franchises and movies with The Rock. I find it amazing how many actors are talked up despite being in complete garbage and not even being half-interesting individuals. Do people just like them because they see them all the time?
I’ve watched a few videos he seems like a genuine dude. Celebrities/ non celebrities really warm up to him in. But can’t please them all I suppose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

perthblue

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 10, 2011
Weitering
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Bayern München
Jason Momoa is just like another Hemsworth or Chris Pratt or The Rock type. 'Safe', attractive, vanilla, goes on Ellen and says 'relatable' things to appeal to the masses. Explains why the only things he's done for the past decade are big blockbusters.

kane249

New cup, who dis?
Oct 27, 2006
Behind enemy Lines
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Sth Freo, Liverpool, Chicago Bulls
Jason Momoa is just like another Hemsworth or Chris Pratt or The Rock type. 'Safe', attractive, vanilla, goes on Ellen and says 'relatable' things to appeal to the masses. Explains why the only things he's done for the past decade are big blockbusters.
A bit disingenuous, he's done plenty of non-blockbuster roles in that time

Or unless you count Braven, Once upon a time in Venice, Sugar Mountain, Debug, Wolves etc as blockbusters.

You would be surprised how many non-big budget roles actors do.

craigos

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 2, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Liverpool
A bit disingenuous, he's done plenty of non-blockbuster roles in that time

Or unless you count Braven, Once upon a time in Venice, Sugar Mountain, Debug, Wolves etc as blockbusters.

You would be surprised how many non-big budget roles actors do.
Doesn't look like he has been typecast at all :)

Beerfish

Bless
Jan 20, 2008
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
MotherMaryDarcy
Uuuuummm? I haven't considered his knob. Sounds like you've really really bigged it up in your mind. Want those big arms around huh, cowboy?
Yes. Do you have a problem with that?

It sounds like you feel threatened by his, what you call, alpha male desirability so you try to make out he's a complete w***er despite not knowing anything about him.

Top Bottom