Food, Drink & Dining Out The Perth Thread - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Part 4 is here:

Did you see that article in the local paper (not The West Aus) about a forum on the 15th to discuss ways to make crossing Charles st safer/better?

I personally don't and have never (even as a child) had an issue with crossing it.

Don’t even get me started. Yes it’s difficult to cross and I’m not sure why that’s surprising - it’s a ******* main road in and out of the city from the north. Just like Scarborough beach road it should of been widened years ago and an island down the middle to allow pedestrians to cross safely - there is the land there that they could use so it’s obviously been in the plans somewhere but it’s just never happened. Our local member is all about appeasing any locals that even look like having a whinge in his electorate and this is one of those things - I believe he pledged $250k to this project (eyeroll), which I don’t think would even cover a crossing which would be ludicrous anyway. I have no clue whatsoever what they think they can put there other than a few extra large traffic humps similar to what they did in Fitzgerald street which would at least slow the traffic down. The thing is, Charles street is a main roads department issue, I don’t think Fitzgerald street was.
Last month the secure neighbourhood forum, this month “crossing Charles” next month......
it’s constant

Jul 19, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Atlanta Falcons/Winnipeg Jets
Don’t even get me started. Yes it’s difficult to cross and I’m not sure why that’s surprising - it’s a ******* main road in and out of the city from the north. Just like Scarborough beach road it should of been widened years ago and an island down the middle to allow pedestrians to cross safely - there is the land there that they could use so it’s obviously been in the plans somewhere but it’s just never happened. Our local member is all about appeasing any locals that even look like having a whinge in his electorate and this is one of those things - I believe he pledged $250k to this project (eyeroll), which I don’t think would even cover a crossing which would be ludicrous anyway. I have no clue whatsoever what they think they can put there other than a few extra large traffic humps similar to what they did in Fitzgerald street which would at least slow the traffic down. The thing is, Charles street is a main roads department issue, I don’t think Fitzgerald street was.
Last month the secure neighbourhood forum, this month “crossing Charles” next month......
it’s constant
Yeah, there is nothing they can do besides some pointless traffic lights. The focus seems to be where Selkirk street hits Charles.

There are already island scattered throughout. The kids have cross walk attendants for school during peak/school hours, I don't see what else is needed.

ioppolo

This only ends one way.
Oct 3, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Chelsea, OKC Thunder, Scorchers
Didn't even get any hail down here. Not even that much rain, just some wind.

Usual Perth storm, weak as piss

RE: Charles St, I don't spend much time in North Perth so am not affected by trying to cross it but I've spent plenty of time in Adelaide Tce and Canning Hwy, both of which have pedestrian bridges over them that hardly anyone uses. People would rather play Frogger in traffic than walk an extra 50m.

The walkovers and underpasses are apparently an expensive option and just won’t happen.

There is one on Scarborough beach road right outside mt Hawthorn primary but you still get those who cross the road and in fact they had speed humps installed either side to slow the traffic regardless of the overpass.

We whinge about everything because we can not because we are actually looking for a solution

Jul 19, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Atlanta Falcons/Winnipeg Jets
The walkovers and underpasses are apparently an expensive option and just won’t happen.

There is one on Scarborough beach road right outside mt Hawthorn primary but you still get those who cross the road and in fact they had speed humps installed either side to slow the traffic regardless of the overpass.

We whinge about everything because we can not because we are actually looking for a solution
There isn't room on Charles st for a walkover, not to mention it would get used by 50 people a day max.

The one on Scarb Bch road is a joke, its a 2 lane road with a low speed limit and isn't busy.

There isn't room on Charles st for a walkover, not to mention it would get used by 50 people a day max.

The one on Scarb Bch road is a joke, its a 2 lane road with a low speed limit and isn't busy.

It used to be a 4 lane major artery that has been progressively gentrified into what is now a shopping strip. The net result is that it has pushed traffic onto Green, Anzac and through the side streets.

That footbridge, which I have used regularly, sways even in gentle breezes. I'm waiting for the day that it collapses.

It used to be a 4 lane major artery that has been progressively gentrified into what is now a shopping strip. The net result is that it has pushed traffic onto Green, Anzac and through the side streets.

That footbridge, which I have used regularly, sways even in gentle breezes. I'm waiting for the day that it collapses.

I can’t say I’ve noticed that but it could explain why my dog absolutely shits itself whenever we cross it - then again he’s not keen on the one over the freeway either

Almost ran over 3 different people on Wellington Street driving from down near the park to past the train station. Just walked out in front of the car and stared at me like I was doing the wrong thing. Not even hurrying either, just casually strolling and taking their time.

FMD

May 2, 2007
WA
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Chicago Bears, de Boer, Arsenal
https://thewest.com.au/news/7-news-...ng-what-looked-like-a-meth-pipe-ng-b88925940z

Police are looking for a woman who was photographed smoking what looked like a meth pipe while driving.

A witness saw the woman use a bright green lighter to heat the bottom of a glass pipe yesterday afternoon on Kwinana Freeway heading south near Thomas Road.

The driver who saw the woman said her car was swerving all over the road. He asked his wife to photograph the woman and her car’s registration plate

lol.

Premier Mark McGowan was shocked by the photograph.

“One of the most insane things I’ve ever seen,” he said.

Premier has obviously led a very sheltered life.

What's all his hoo ha about with Mike Nahan and The West? Since when does the leader of the LNP in WA fight with The West?

He seems like a bit of a poindexter but the whole thing is a bit weird.

Talk about stupid - the West and Ch7 have said that they will no longer attend any of his press conferences.

Who the hell says that social media is the only platform that voters use these days and television, print and radio are now obsolete.

May 5, 2006
AFL Club
West Coast
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back