Food, Drink & Dining Out The Perth Thread - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Part 4 is here:

I feel like this thread has strayed from its true meaning in life. We, as the pure Perthians we are, must only speak of :
a) the weather
b) the price of fuel/morons that clog up the roads to save 0.5 of a cent/ltr only to spend it on Mars Bars at the register
c) the Bassendean bridge
d) the crack heads in Rockingham
or,
e) Silent Alarm channelling Dear Dolly Doctor/Rolling Stone and/or ranting about something/anything/everything

Look, if you haven't read the memo, it's that or gtfo. That's right my glorious Perth brothers and sisters...that would be a g to the t to the f to the o.

Any sort thinking outside of that clearly defined box is simply not appropriate.

Thank you and you are most welcome.

Complaining about the eastern states doesn't get a run?

May 5, 2006
AFL Club
West Coast
Every time I buy fuel from BP they offer me two Cadbury Schweppes products for some monies in exchange for some discount, 8c/L I think. I have a large tank so it ends up costing nothing and two Powerades or Snickers or whatever end up in the fridge with the haul from the last visit to the servo. I wonder how many people filling up little cars with 30 L tanks take the same deal and think they are having a win.

RobbyRoy

Norm Smith Medallist
May 3, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Victory
I went to Laverton once, I wouldn’t wish that on anyone.
I've been to pretty much everywhere in WA and I actually don't mind Laverton. Clearly has social issues but most of the locals are actually really friendly. Plus the pub is good (as long as you don't require comfortable accommodation) and there is a nice little cafe/tourist info shop.

Falls festival I think. The sound travels inland a fair way. We're on stock road and it's always loud when they have stuff on.
I thought that was an eastern states thing?

Living on stock road must be a bitch with the traffic.

Silent Alarm

sack Lyon
10k Posts
Jul 9, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
Yeah, Falls at Freo Oval.

Pretty well behaved crowd in town considering it was a bunch of pissed or pinging self-absorbed 17-25 year olds. Got in and out quickly. Real nice vibe in town.

Perth gal

Premiership Player
Oct 19, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
I feel like this thread has strayed from its true meaning in life. We, as the pure Perthians we are, must only speak of :
a) the weather
b) the price of fuel/morons that clog up the roads to save 0.5 of a cent/ltr only to spend it on Mars Bars at the register
c) the Bassendean bridge
d) the crack heads in Rockingham
or,
e) Silent Alarm channelling Dear Dolly Doctor/Rolling Stone and/or ranting about something/anything/everything

Look, if you haven't read the memo, it's that or gtfo. That's right my glorious Perth brothers and sisters...that would be a g to the t to the f to the o.

Any sort thinking outside of that clearly defined box is simply not appropriate.

Thank you and you are most welcome.
It’s raining bro.

Installed security cams and motion lights three months ago after we were robbed one day. Last night someone took a stroll through our back yard and porch, and then jumped the fence when the motion light went off. Creepy, I wonder if it was the same bloke who robbed us before.

I caught (literally) someone breaking into my house a couple of weeks ago. The side gate had been left open and they had come around the back yard and were shining a light into the house. It was around 5am and my wife was awake (gets up at ridiculous o'clock). Woke me up and pointed to the light. I jumped out of bed as they were opening the (unlocked) back door. Yelled to drop my stuff and chased after them. Cornered them in the car port.

SHE was petrified being cornered by a fat, middle aged white bloke in his boxers. After going through her stuff and realising she hadn't got anything I was in a quandary. In the end I walked off to get dressed and she legged it.

Like cars being entered into, people having a snoop happens a lot more than people think. If there are hurdles then it reduces the chances. If I'd shut the gate, left on the light I usually leave on or locked the back door then there's every chance she would never have gotten to opening the back door (and she would never have copped an eyeful of me in my boxers).

I caught (literally) someone breaking into my house a couple of weeks ago. The side gate had been left open and they had come around the back yard and were shining a light into the house. It was around 5am and my wife was awake (gets up at ridiculous o'clock). Woke me up and pointed to the light. I jumped out of bed as they were opening the (unlocked) back door. Yelled to drop my stuff and chased after them. Cornered them in the car port.

SHE was petrified being cornered by a fat, middle aged white bloke in his boxers. After going through her stuff and realising she hadn't got anything I was in a quandary. In the end I walked off to get dressed and she legged it.

Like cars being entered into, people having a snoop happens a lot more than people think. If there are hurdles then it reduces the chances. If I'd shut the gate, left on the light I usually leave on or locked the back door then there's every chance she would never have gotten to opening the back door (and she would never have copped an eyeful of me in my boxers).
Cameras are the biggest deterrent of all, and they don’t even have to work.

wal

Premiership Player
Mar 13, 2004
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
EFFC
Watching the Asian Cup game between Syria and Jordan.
Bernd Stange is the manager of the Syrian Football team!!!
I wonder what would happen if he tried to kiss a policewoman in Damascus???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back