Food, Drink & Dining Out The Perth Thread - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Part 4 is here:

The average median wage is 85k and I know working in the not for profit sector we are quite a bit lower than that and considered for the most part low income

I also note that Albo thinks 200k is not a high income - who are these people who earn this type of money and still be considered average

Where does the average joe blow public servant sit in that price range if the thinking is they are better off than the private sector

Average and median aren't the same thing. I thought the average full time wage was the $85k, average wage for everyone $62k and median wage for everyone $55k. Not everyone works full time so average full time wage is pretty irrelevant.

There are 703 players in the AFL and 2/3 of them earn $400k or less. 600 of them earn $600k or less. But the average is about $370k and there are 31 players earning over $800k. The median wage I would guess would be mid $300s. The mode wage (most common) would be first/second year draft contracts.

As far as the public sector goes AFAIK it is still in levels. Once you get to level 3 and above I think it's fairly lucrative. A school for example will have a bunch of level 1/level 2 classified teachers but only one principal who will be on a pretty good wicket.

Had a quick look at how much potential jobs from the field I wish to study pay. Anywhere from 60k-190k. I doubt I'd have much down time and rest if I'm in the role that pays 190k.

Anyone else keen on this indoor soccer World Championship this October?

I can actually see it being pretty popular. Setting it up right on the river, building a little arena there, heaps of bars around will make for a pretty cool atmosphere. I think a few ex-internationals are playing in it too.

Anyone else keen on this indoor soccer World Championship this October?

I can actually see it being pretty popular. Setting it up right on the river, building a little arena there, heaps of bars around will make for a pretty cool atmosphere. I think a few ex-internationals are playing in it too.

What's this? I haven't heard anything about it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What's this? I haven't heard anything about it.
Neither, someone told me about it.

Heaps of big sponsors are in on it like Nike. Tourism WA isn't keen though.

Wonder if any Somalis will go AWOL and attempt political asylum. Their national football team (and especially Eritrea's - the government now requires a bond from players before leaving for away matches after 11 players never returned one trip) have a reputation of this happening.

Neither, someone told me about it.

Heaps of big sponsors are in on it like Nike. Tourism WA isn't keen though.
Mr Raeburn said the AMF, whose national office is in Wembley, wanted Perth to host the international event because of our multicultural population.
"We could've brought this event to Sydney or anywhere else in Australia but we wanted Perth because the city is so multicultural," he said.

:think:

Cool event though, might try and head over and spend a few days kicking around. Why on earth wouldn't Tourism WA get behind it?

Mr Raeburn said the AMF, whose national office is in Wembley, wanted Perth to host the international event because of our multicultural population.
"We could've brought this event to Sydney or anywhere else in Australia but we wanted Perth because the city is so multicultural," he said.

:think:

Cool event though, might try and head over and spend a few days kicking around. Why on earth wouldn't Tourism WA get behind it?
Because they didnt think of it.
Terrible organisation. Needs to be abolished

Amazingly the escalators at Whitford train station are still out of order which has just ticked over 8 months......there doesn't seem to be anyone even working on them these days.

Its like there must only be 2 escalator mechanics in all of WA.

Amazingly the escalators at Whitford train station are still out of order which has just ticked over 8 months......there doesn't seem to be anyone even working on them these days.

Its like there must only be 2 escalator mechanics in all of WA.
Lawyers are involved. The escelators were refurbished, but they put new ones in the existing shell and the gears are misaligned. They are obviously arguing about who is responsible and who should pay.

Wonder if any Somalis will go AWOL and attempt political asylum. Their national football team (and especially Eritrea's - the government now requires a bond from players before leaving for away matches after 11 players never returned one trip) have a reputation of this happening.
Yeah first thing I said to a mate when he asked who we were backing. It'll happen.

I think it's going to be a good thing for Perth though. I wonder if they'll charge entry or if they'll just make money through sponsorships and selling van space? You could imagine plenty of breweries being keen on it. It's ludicrous this isn't being promoted. I like to think I'm into soccer and aware of things to do in Perth, but it's just trickling out. I remember being in Florence a few years ago and they'd set up a little arena inside one of the piazzas. It won't be that cool but hey, along the Swan River isn't bad.

Apparently, Landon Donovan is playing for the USA too. Few penalisation kicks?

Ive been thinking about the state of origin claims in the press etc earlier in the week

So. They are touting 15000 interstate visitors.
An average airbus say has 300 passengers.
So 10 planes are 3000
So 50 planes would get to 15000.

Did the airlines put on an extra 50 flights in past week between Syd or brisbane and Perth?
Ok there are existing flights but business practices would assume that they would be what 70-80% capacity anyway so existing flights would probably have been at 100% by adding another 30-40 passengers to fill otherwise empty seats.

Were there people arriving by bus or train? Ship? Not many would have driven...

I dunno. Doesnt add up to me.
Unless the people who were already coming over for business and or holidays were the ones who bought the tickets in which case did it really bring in that many extra?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back