Food, Drink & Dining Out The Perth Thread - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Part 4 is here:

Ive been thinking about the state of origin claims in the press etc earlier in the week

So. They are touting 15000 interstate visitors.
An average airbus say has 300 passengers.
So 10 planes are 3000
So 50 planes would get to 15000.

Did the airlines put on an extra 50 flights in past week between Syd or brisbane and Perth?
Ok there are existing flights but business practices would assume that they would be what 70-80% capacity anyway so existing flights would probably have been at 100% by adding another 30-40 passengers to fill otherwise empty seats.

Were there people arriving by bus or train? Ship? Not many would have driven...

I dunno. Doesnt add up to me.
Unless the people who were already coming over for business and or holidays were the ones who bought the tickets in which case did it really bring in that many extra?

How many interstate visitors do we get in an average week? How many flights from Brisbane and Sydney to Perth are there every week?

Hard to gauge without knowing these two numbers.

How many interstate visitors do we get in an average week? How many flights from Brisbane and Sydney to Perth are there every week?

Hard to gauge without knowing these two numbers.
Regardless of that, 15000 is a lot of people in the context of a plane’s capacity. And no way to perth except plane really. Not like we are in Europe or even sydney where driving to from melb/bris/is a real option

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"If the top 10 richest clubs in the world aren't playing, why even bother watching?" - Average Australian soccer fan

People like watching the highest standard possible of a sport. Do you watch the WAFL?

I'd insert a Carlton joke but I don't want to tempt fate before Sunday.

The train stations have had the escalators out of order all season
The escalators from the underground up to Wellington have been out for around 3 years now. They've only just opened up the second half of the stairs in the last couple of months as well.

It's all about MLS bro. I god damn love Really Salt Lake. Keep the Crew in Columbus! Hell yeah baby, Nashville, music city, Nashville Soccer Club! LA Galaxy? Go eff yourself bro. This is Los Angeles Fütbøl Club territory, you better watch your step. Sounders? Sounds like you're a bunch of Seattle-ass-little girls. Go cry, little girl. Tiiiiimbeeeeerrr.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back