Food, Drink & Dining Out The Perth Thread - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Part 4 is here:

I'm neither here nor there on him personally. Why do you say this? Surely it's not because everything you posted after this?
He just comes across as really inauthentic.

You can tell he sees himself as this desirable alpha male, but he plays it off.

Also he's an actor but he's not especially good at acting, even within the thin confines of the characters he always gets. And look at his filmography? The guy is basically in superhero franchises and movies with The Rock. I find it amazing how many actors are talked up despite being in complete garbage and not even being half-interesting individuals. Do people just like them because they see them all the time?

Holy ****. I missed that? We went to something like that at the hayshed a few years ago because wifey/jasonmomoa/wateva. It was like everything else you described minus Steve Bisley and Hugh Keays-Byrne but with jasonmomoa inserted. The funny thing is when she saw the queue to say g'day sign this eh? we were leaving just as quick. Seeing him 50 metres away was enough. This is one of the reasons I love my wife.

You would've loved it if you were a Mad Max fan like me, just seeing the Toecutter in person was a thrill for me and Bisley wore his shades the whole time.

Someone inevitably asked them "What was Mel Gibson like back then?"

Steve - "Gay"

Hugh - "He was a pretty little thing"

They gave a lot of flippant funny responses like that along with more serious responses about how dangerous it was on the set.

They said the stunt director and one of the actresses broke their legs in a motorbike accident on the way to shooting the first day of Mad Max.

They replaced the actress but the stunt director carried on with a broken leg, that's when they realised it was full on.

Also found out that the original Mad Max was the highest grossing low budget film until it got beaten by the Blair Witch Project 20 years later.

Aren't most of these comic book events turning into a reason for girls to dress up like home wreckers? And for grown men to wear masks so they can creep on said women with anonymity?

Pretty much Halloween without the candy.

If so, when's the next one?

You would've loved it if you were a Mad Max fan like me, just seeing the Toecutter in person was a thrill for me and Bisley wore his shades the whole time.

Also found out that the original Mad Max was the highest grossing low budget film until it got beaten by the Blair Witch Project 20 years later.
lol at being a fan of the movie but not knowing this.

It's always pissed me that its record got taken by such a crap film.

He just comes across as really inauthentic.

You can tell he sees himself as this desirable alpha male, but he plays it off.

Also he's an actor but he's not especially good at acting, even within the thin confines of the characters he always gets. And look at his filmography? The guy is basically in superhero franchises and movies with The Rock. I find it amazing how many actors are talked up despite being in complete garbage and not even being half-interesting individuals. Do people just like them because they see them all the time?

I’ve watched a few videos he seems like a genuine dude. Celebrities/ non celebrities really warm up to him in. But can’t please them all I suppose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jason Momoa is just like another Hemsworth or Chris Pratt or The Rock type. 'Safe', attractive, vanilla, goes on Ellen and says 'relatable' things to appeal to the masses. Explains why the only things he's done for the past decade are big blockbusters.

Jason Momoa is just like another Hemsworth or Chris Pratt or The Rock type. 'Safe', attractive, vanilla, goes on Ellen and says 'relatable' things to appeal to the masses. Explains why the only things he's done for the past decade are big blockbusters.

A bit disingenuous, he's done plenty of non-blockbuster roles in that time

Or unless you count Braven, Once upon a time in Venice, Sugar Mountain, Debug, Wolves etc as blockbusters.

You would be surprised how many non-big budget roles actors do.

A bit disingenuous, he's done plenty of non-blockbuster roles in that time

Or unless you count Braven, Once upon a time in Venice, Sugar Mountain, Debug, Wolves etc as blockbusters.

You would be surprised how many non-big budget roles actors do.
Doesn't look like he has been typecast at all :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Uuuuummm? I haven't considered his knob. Sounds like you've really really bigged it up in your mind. Want those big arms around huh, cowboy?
Yes. Do you have a problem with that?

It sounds like you feel threatened by his, what you call, alpha male desirability so you try to make out he's a complete w***er despite not knowing anything about him.

Doesn't look like he has been typecast at all :)

Well when you are 6'4" Hawaiin native it's hard to get the every man role :p

That being said he managed to get the look of Aquaman reworked to suit what he looks like.

Aren't most of these comic book events turning into a reason for girls to dress up like home wreckers? And for grown men to wear masks so they can creep on said women with anonymity?

Pretty much Halloween without the candy.

If so, when's the next one?

Yeah there were a lot of girls there dressed up in cosplay type outfits getting hit on by middle aged nerds dressed in superhero costumes.

I guess one of the attractions of going to something like that is that it gives these nerds a chance to get the attention they wouldn't normally get as they almost get treated like they are movie stars with people getting photos with them and stuff.

Yeah there were a lot of girls there dressed up in cosplay type outfits getting hit on by middle aged nerds dressed in superhero costumes.

I guess one of the attractions of going to something like that is that it gives these nerds a chance to get the attention they wouldn't normally get as they almost get treated like they are movie stars with people getting photos with them and stuff.
Outta that Darkhawk costume and into that Red Rooster uniform for Monday

These Supernova and Comic Cons things are conventions run at a more commercial mainstream level. Cash cow for actors etc to make money from people obsessed enough that they'll pay it. I've been a couple of times just to specifically see some certain guests. Apollo and Starbuck from BSG for example. Feel a bit creepy walking around with all the dress ups around you.

The original and more nerdy conventions happen at a lower level with guests who are more writers or appeared in season 3 of Doctor Who as a dalek or something. It's a lot more communal with talks and quizzes etc as opposed to forcing products down your throat. Swancon has been going for decades now.

As I am not really interested in meeting many actors (especially actors that would show up for Supanova), nor am I interested in paying $50+ to meet them, whether I go or not really depends on the other guests. The only person who could make it a certainty that I would go and actually pay money to meet is Brandon Sanderson.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back