Food, Drink & Dining Out The Perth Thread - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Part 4 is here:

May 5, 2006
AFL Club
West Coast

The * are you up to, Twiggy? Been inhaling some airborne asbestos up in the Pilbara?

Why does Perth have a fascination with knocking down glorious old buildings?

You want to know how to improve the area? First, restore the building. Second, take a business trip to Lord's Cricket Ground in London. Old and new can coexist side by side. There is ample room to the North, South and East of the tea rooms to build a space ship or an above ground pool or whatever.

james Dean

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 18, 2006
Otherside of the Tracks
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
PHX, NUFC, Pats

The **** are you up to, Twiggy? Been inhaling some airborne asbestos up in the Pilbara?

Why does Perth have a fascination with knocking down glorious old buildings?

You want to know how to improve the area? First, restore the building. Second, take a business trip to Lord's Cricket Ground in London. Old and new can coexist side by side. There is ample room to the North, South and East of the tea rooms to build a space ship or an above ground pool or whatever.
I actually think the building looks like s**t. You can barely notice it with all the trees surrounding it. I am actually surprised it isn't a heritage listed building.

May 2, 2007
WA
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Chicago Bears, de Boer, Arsenal
Do you still get those funny ******s who yell something a few times a quarter and get everyone laughing?

It seemed to be dying out when I stopped going in about 2017.

So many try hards would say the lamest, cringiest 'disses' and then others would be pie-breathed morons swearing and slandering with so many campaigners, black campaigners, ******s. Terrible.

The bloke who doesn't really swear but cuts a player deep is dying out.

I remember one game at the 'G where Ty Vickery was somehow playing for the Hawks against the Crows. He dropped a chest mark in the square under no pressure, missed the soccer, and an Adelaide player just clean picked it up from under him. This old bloke goes 'Clarko, I love ya mate, do what ya want... but Vickery's too much!' Classic.
I think my 2 favourites were way back in the 90s at Subi when some little kid called Simon Minton-Connell playing for Sydney a "useless Carlton reject" and another random bloke telling Greg Williams to "give back his medal" when banished to the forward pocket during Freo's upset to break their winning streak in 96.

Sep 24, 2008
MuMuLand
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Celtic, West Perth, Glory, S'Roos
The old Subi standing room area was rough. All I can seem to remember in my teenage years and early drinking time was the closed top jugs of export and KFC. Saw some amazing fights too. Those were days without starting to sound like that sad bastard from Lost Perth.

Silent Alarm

sack Lyon
10k Posts
Jul 9, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
The old Subi standing room area was rough. All I can seem to remember in my teenage years and early drinking time was the closed top jugs of export and KFC. Saw some amazing fights too. Those were days without starting to sound like that sad bastard from Lost Perth.
A KFC at Subiaco? Closed top jugs? As in beers that looked like a travel mug?

estibador

purple haze
Mar 2, 2007
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool, Cowboys, Packers, Scorchers
Anyone else get caught up in that chaos on Kwinana caused by the three truck crash this arvo? Took me over 15 minutes to get the 1km from Leach to South St.

Anyone else get caught up in that chaos on Kwinana caused by the three truck crash this arvo? Took me over 15 minutes to get the 1km from Leach to South St.
Nope.

giphy.gif

The whole system just comes to a screeching halt when something like this occurs. I know they’re trying their best and the people in the accidents safety is paramount but gee whiz it can be annoying. Especially if you’re busting for a piss

I had an international airport pickup today at 5pm. I want to say kudos to those who do Tonkin Highway everyday. It resembled a car park

Not the right thread but motor bike rider pissed me off - bucketing down, cars moving across lanes at every opportunity and down he comes at speed between lanes - went very close to being wiped out twice in a matter of seconds by cars crossing lanes.

Anyone else just feel that earthquake?

Was sitting on the couch and could feel some light shaking. Thought I was going crazy then I saw some of the stuff in the room was moving as well. Yes I was sober haha.

Last edited:

woota

Club Legend
Jun 27, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Anyone else just feel that earthquake?

Was sitting on the couch and could some light shaking. Thought I was going crazy then I saw some of the stuff in the room was moving as well. Yes I was sober haha.

God damn, yes I felt it. Was here at my computer, felt the table shaking. Felt the ground shaking a bit. Was wondering wtf was going on. Felt like I was in that scene from jurassic park where the water in the glass is rippling.

I'm in an apartment block in East Perth and I definitely felt it.

Was light but you could feel stuff shaking
You sure it's not just the apartment block?

Sep 24, 2008
MuMuLand
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Celtic, West Perth, Glory, S'Roos
People here at work on the weekend had to leave the building apparently. That's next to the Esplanade. Wasn't a major thing but it was noticed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back