Not open for further replies.
Part 4 is here:

twotooto

late bloomer
Sep 26, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
What tub or they got cones now?

Im not a massive fan of the regular Connisseur im afraid. More a Sara Lee or Ben and Jerrys. I guess my palate aint that sophisticated

Yeah, the cone/on a stick style. You probably don't have them over there yet.

We are quite sophisticated over here on the western seaboard.

Yeah, the cone/on a stick style. You probably don't have them over there yet.

We are quite sophisticated over here on the western seaboard.

I shall keep an eye out for them at my local supermarket freezer. Cheers. Any flavour in particular? Anything except coffee or... toffee.. or rum rasin, i enjoy.

twotooto

late bloomer
Sep 26, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Well in that case you are in for a treat. Think they may only sell it in a tub at the supermarket(better value though). I pay a king's ransom for them at the servo but it's a better option for me lest I inhale the whole tub in one sitting.

Well in that case you are in for a treat. Think they may only sell it in a tub at the supermarket(better value though). I pay a king's ransom for them at the servo but it's a better option for me lest I inhale the whole tub in one sitting.

I will pop into my local milk bar- they have 2 massive freezers full of ice creams. Will see if they have them.

DId a quick online search on Coles. They have them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nov 10, 2013
The Valley near the Alley
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Hell no
Wth is that
F5143D40-1DED-4180-8F63-C4DDE8F1BD81.jpeg
3F434554-B23F-4C34-99B5-F837E01C6D0F.jpeg

I'm going to see if I can replicate or even better a nandos meal of chicken tendies and corn on the bbq sweet potato chips in the air fryer and coleslaw.

contemplating an air fryer - do you recommend

contemplating an air fryer - do you recommend
100%. I cooked chicken breasts with a spicy polenta crumb for the first time a few weeks ago. Came out great. Roast veg in 20 minutes. Chips. Potato gems. Meatballs. Falafel. Very little oil required. I usually save the sun dried tomato oil and use a teaspoon or two if needed.

Only thing you should watch out for is the size. You need a bigger one unless you like doing batches. We have a 1.2kg Phillips and it's great.

It's actually the second one we've had as wifey set the first one on fire. The machine was not at fault in any way though..

Sep 15, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
100%. I cooked chicken breasts with a spicy polenta crumb for the first time a few weeks ago. Came out great. Roast veg in 20 minutes. Chips. Potato gems. Meatballs. Falafel. Very little oil required. I usually save the sun dried tomato oil and use a teaspoon or two if needed.

Only thing you should watch out for is the size. You need a bigger one unless you like doing batches. We have a 1.2kg Phillips and it's great.

It's actually the second one we've had as wifey set the first one on fire. The machine was not at fault in any way though..
Thought it was a gimmick when the wife bought one but it goes alright. Chips and gems in particular, just way better than the oven.

Oh and it is amazing for reheating pizza and garlic bread. It comes out better than when delivered in 3 minutes. Tried putting a burger in it too to reheat it. Worked pretty well and toasted the outside of the bun.

estibador

purple haze
Mar 2, 2007
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool, Cowboys, Packers, Scorchers
I second (or third) the recommendation for air fryers. I don't think I could live without mine now.

There's still some stuff I prefer the taste of cooked in a normal oven, but the air fryer takes a fraction of the time for everything else. I mainly use it for homemade sweet potato fries.

So a price search shows me they are quite expensive Beerfish - do you have a brand recommendation
I can only recommend the one I have but that one was recommended by choice. I'll have a look later and let you know what other ones they recommend.

Otherwise maybe watch the xmas/ny sales? I use it quite a lot so it's justified itself price wise. Awesome not to have to wait for a whole oven to heat up.

Nov 10, 2013
The Valley near the Alley
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Hell no
I can only recommend the one I have but that one was recommended by choice. I'll have a look later and let you know what other ones they recommend.

Otherwise maybe watch the xmas/ny sales? I use it quite a lot so it's justified itself price wise. Awesome not to have to wait for a whole oven to heat up.
When you find the price add 20% and divide by 12 so i can calculate my convince coefficient

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back