Food, Drink & Dining Out The Perth Thread - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Part 4 is here:

So a price search shows me they are quite expensive Beerfish - do you have a brand recommendation
Okay so Choice also recommends a brand called Bellini which retails for $99 yet scores a 74% against the one I have at 75% so it sounds like good value. One of the biggest knocks is the size though, a claimed 800g against mine which is a claimed 1.2kg.

Target has them.
1573311100551.png

Your mission, should you choose to accept it..

Okay so Choice also recommends a brand called Bellini which retails for $99 yet scores a 75% against the one I have at 75% so it sounds like good value. One of the biggest knocks is the size though, a claimed 800g against mine which is a claimed 1.2kg.

Target has them.
View attachment 777047

and your brand is.....

Okay so Choice also recommends a brand called Bellini which retails for $99 yet scores a 74% against the one I have at 75% so it sounds like good value. One of the biggest knocks is the size though, a claimed 800g against mine which is a claimed 1.2kg.

Target has them.
View attachment 777047

Is that a minion?

What did you have? Would've been lovely in Freo this evening.

eggplant napilitano to start followed by Beef Cheeks

and yes it was nice - haven’t been to freo of an evening in years

Anyone tell me what kind of area ward A2 is in Joondalup hospital?
Its a general ward.. I've had a couple of terrible nights sleep there. Nurses were nice. The view was leafy.

The floor is the linoleum style that your child inside wonders if you threw a bottle of olive oil down the hallway maybe you could slide the entire length of it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looking for a rental at the mo.

Should be plenty at affordable prices. House prices aren't dropping dramatically but they aren't exactly climbing either. Sort of a holding pattern for the past few years, ideal for first home buyers and renters but not for those with investment property portfolios.

Since this is the Perth (cooking) thread anyone else got a convection oven? I was given one years ago and have never quite mastered it. Like this:

50000788_599042.PNG

Kram EE is great. And by great I mean painfully average.

Back in myyyy day it was 4.9%, brewed in WA and was 30-4-30. Jackpot for a uni student, drinkable full strength beer for $1 a tin. EB was pretty popular at the time but had a much stronger flavour. You could also claim state pride in buying a local brew and if you were some posh UWA w***er you could pretend you were living like the 99% or drinking it ironically or whatever.

Now it's 4.2%, costs $55 a block and is made in Adelaide. Doesn't really hold a lot of appeal beyond faux sentiment. Do LOL when I see people taking it out of WA as checked baggage. Like you know it was trucked in to WA in the first place right?

Since this is the Perth (cooking) thread anyone else got a convection oven? I was given one years ago and have never quite mastered it. Like this:

50000788_599042.PNG
Yes, although I have not mastered it yet either. My mother can do a perfect roast in her one though

Kram EE is great. And by great I mean painfully average.

Back in myyyy day it was 4.9%, brewed in WA and was 30-4-30. Jackpot for a uni student, drinkable full strength beer for $1 a tin. EB was pretty popular at the time but had a much stronger flavour. You could also claim state pride in buying a local brew and if you were some posh UWA w***er you could pretend you were living like the 99% or drinking it ironically or whatever.

Now it's 4.2%, costs $55 a block and is made in Adelaide. Doesn't really hold a lot of appeal beyond faux sentiment. Do LOL when I see people taking it out of WA as checked baggage. Like you know it was trucked in to WA in the first place right?
I don't think I've had a can of it in about 20 years, yeah probably wasn't even that bad it just had a very poor 'image' and barely anyone drank it.

I took a couple of leftover blocks from my older brothers wedding in the late 90s, I remember him saying "Doesn't anyone drink this s**t anymore?" as there was heaps of it and almost all the other booze got finished.

Melbourne Bitter in the early 2000s was $27 a carton at the Civic Hotel. Would be double that now. That was our carton to go to as povvo students.

Went to the Freo beerfest on the weekend. Third time I've been and has been great every time. No aggro. No dickheads. Just may have been lucky through...or I was the dickhead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back