Food, Drink & Dining Out The Perth Thread - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Part 4 is here:

No common areas where people not attending that specific class would also be passing through though?

Obviously I am just an internet detective but I've passed by it on the street a few times and it's a small commercial unit distinct from its neighbours and probably wouldn't hold much more than 20 anyway. Check the Google street view, it explains better what I mean I think.

Their website also indicates they have maybe a dozen courses but their FB page indicates only three courses are currently ongoing at that site (including the cookery class). It just may be that there were no others present when the class was held.

Then again, this is all just speculation, I cbf trawling through their site or social media to narrow it down.

Mr McGowan was furious when asked by a reporter if he was taking a more relaxed strategy this time.

A reporter at Sunday’s press conference suggested it was reminiscent of NSW counterpart Gladys Berejiklian and her measured approach to containing COVID-19.

“I have explained it now three times and I will explain it again,” Mr McGowan hit back.

“Last week, we were already in the state of semi-lockdown. You have to judge everything in the circumstances you confront. There is no hard and fast rule and every state has, I think, adopted a pretty precautionary approach by world standards.”

“NSW, when they had the Northern Beaches outbreak, they shut down the northern beaches for weeks, which has a population of 500,000 or the best part of 1 million people, and parts of country NSW,” he said.

“Then they had rolling lockdowns and various restrictions in place for the best part of three months. It ended up costing the NSW economy, according to the NSW Treasury, $3.2 billion.

“(It was way higher than) the estimate of the cost of what happened as a consequence of the Mercure outbreak in Perth (last month). So they have their approach, we adopted ours.”

Why is he so mad? Seems irrationally upset now it's the only state with community transmission.

Obviously I am just an internet detective but I've passed by it on the street a few times and it's a small commercial unit distinct from its neighbours and probably wouldn't hold much more than 20 anyway. Check the Google street view, it explains better what I mean I think.

Their website also indicates they have maybe a dozen courses but their FB page indicates only three course are currently ongoing at that site (including the cookery class). It just may be that there were no others present when the class was held.

Then again, this is all just speculation, I cbf trawling through their site or social media to narrow it down.
Yeah I thought it might have been a Tafe type setup but maybe it's more a function room (or commercial kitchen) type course.

Mr McGowan was furious when asked by a reporter if he was taking a more relaxed strategy this time.

A reporter at Sunday’s press conference suggested it was reminiscent of NSW counterpart Gladys Berejiklian and her measured approach to containing COVID-19.

“I have explained it now three times and I will explain it again,” Mr McGowan hit back.

“Last week, we were already in the state of semi-lockdown. You have to judge everything in the circumstances you confront. There is no hard and fast rule and every state has, I think, adopted a pretty precautionary approach by world standards.”

“NSW, when they had the Northern Beaches outbreak, they shut down the northern beaches for weeks, which has a population of 500,000 or the best part of 1 million people, and parts of country NSW,” he said.

“Then they had rolling lockdowns and various restrictions in place for the best part of three months. It ended up costing the NSW economy, according to the NSW Treasury, $3.2 billion.

“(It was way higher than) the estimate of the cost of what happened as a consequence of the Mercure outbreak in Perth (last month). So they have their approach, we adopted ours.”

Why is he so mad? Seems irrationally upset now it's the only state with community transmission.

I wasn't following too closely at the end of today's press conference but in WA State politics it tends to be the same reporters and Premiers over time are favourable to some and tetchy towards others. Geoff Parry is one in particular that tends to elicit respect (I bet if he asked that question he would ask it once, and get a respectful answer from Labor or Lib) but others often get disdain. Barnett and McGowan have always been a bit dismissive of doing media (it partially led to the 'emperor' label that Barnett got, and now McGowan seems to be getting from critics).

Fast food locations are up - https://healthywa.wa.gov.au/Articles/A_E/Coronavirus/Locations-visited-by-confirmed-cases

Classified as low risk so a test is only required if you start showing symptoms.

Given the abundance of tests we have, though, wouldn't blame anyone for getting tested anyway.

0 new cases today again. Hopefully this breach has been contained. From my limited sample size, I've been seeing a bit more complacency with masks and physical distancing by people in public.

Given the abundance of tests we have, though, wouldn't blame anyone for getting tested anyway.

0 new cases today again. Hopefully this breach has been contained. From my limited sample size, I've been seeing a bit more complacency with masks and physical distancing by people in public.
I think there's been some confusion; the rule on Saturday morning was face masks were no longer required outside if you could physically distance. On Sunday, they announced the new cases but said they were taking a wait and see approach to any new restrictions. I saw someone going for a walk this morning with no mask, maybe he thought it was fine since it was outside and he was on his own (having gone to the website, masks outside is back in force).

I also took the boy to junior football on Saturday morning, no one wearing masks because it was outside. But my brother took his daughter to netball and everyone was wearing masks. Apparently you didn't need to wear masks outside, but you did if you were at community sport. If so, that was poorly communicated.

Absolutely.

I think there's been some confusion; the rule on Saturday morning was face masks were no longer required outside if you could physically distance. On Sunday, they announced the new cases but said they were taking a wait and see approach to any new restrictions. I saw someone going for a walk this morning with no mask, maybe he thought it was fine since it was outside and he was on his own (having gone to the website, masks outside is back in force).

I also took the boy to junior football on Saturday morning, no one wearing masks because it was outside. But my brother took his daughter to netball and everyone was wearing masks. Apparently you didn't need to wear masks outside, but you did if you were at community sport. If so, that was poorly communicated.
I was under the impression masks were back on whenever you left your house post 6pm on Saturday night. Everyone I saw was complying, and same again yesterday.

Absolutely.

I was under the impression masks were back on whenever you left your house post 6pm on Saturday night. Everyone I saw was complying, and same again yesterday.
You're right, it was Saturday afternoon they made the announcement. But if you're the kind of person that doesn't pay too much attention to the news, particularly on a Saturday night/Sunday morning, that message could have been lost.

The community sport one baffled me and I still don't know what the ruling was. It was Saturday morning, outdoors, assumed it was mask free. Not the case, according to some.

You're right, it was Saturday afternoon they made the announcement. But if you're the kind of person that doesn't pay too much attention to the news, particularly on a Saturday night/Sunday morning, that message could have been lost.

The community sport one baffled me and I still don't know what the ruling was. It was Saturday morning, outdoors, assumed it was mask free. Not the case, according to some.
People still hang out at the clubhouses and the spectators are still in close enough proximity

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting the places people get food delivered from

feel sorry for the small family restaurants that will have to close while they wait for test results to come back

Owner of Bananabro is a friend of a friend and understandably a bit peeved that his restaurant was added to the list and closed for deep cleaning, with his staff quarantining for two weeks, when it turned out the next day it was another restaurant down the road.

I know a compensation scheme would be difficult but I think it can be done on a case-by-case basis for situations like this. General compensation for Perth-wide lockdowns would be far more difficult to implement.

OMG Racists hand signals

Strange tbh and made stranger by the fact that Jamaine has also made the signal

thinking these boys may be using it for some other reason but unfortunately that’s not how it will be perceived

Haha oh man. Would love to see Eagles cop it but they're obviously doing the Circle Game, a silly little thing that's been around as far back as when I was in high school (early 2000s) and has had a bit of a revival in the last couple of years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back