The Perth Thread - Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Just drove past a house a couple of streets away from mine who had the daily double:

A Clive Palmer poster and a One Nation poster on her front fence.

Needs a Bob Katter poster to complete the trifecta.

WA has produced more than its fair share of 'special' politicians, but Queensland is next level.

WA has produced more than its fair share of 'special' politicians, but Queensland is next level.

I can't believe he got voted in once let alone mad a career of it

The breakdown of every single states hospitals was predicted over and over again (by politicians, media experts and many others). It never eventuated, not once. Yes there was large strain at times but every state got through without bodies piling up at emergency rooms.

I'm not sure why WA would be any different but some people formed entire personalities surrounding covid so if they want keep doing so, all the power to them.

Yeah I'm on board with emergency powers being for emergency situations. IMO we're not in one of those right now. COVID is an inconvenience in 2022, not an emergency. Our under-prepared and under-resourced health system doesn't seem to be as strained as predicted and hospitalisations and ICU admissions are low.

Not really comfortable with 'hey things aren't that bad right now' as a justification for retaining emergency powers. What's wrong with enacting emergency powers when necessary?

I did a week of work in the city a month ago and was surprised how easy the ride on the freeway was (got on at Canning Bridge), barely as busy as I was expecting and arrived 40 mins early on the first day.

I'm assuming it's due to people not at work/working from home

There has been a massive drop in cars on the road during “business hours”, whilst we’ve had a lot of WFH. This has been for the last 2 or 3 months.

Yeah I'm on board with emergency powers being for emergency situations. IMO we're not in one of those right now. COVID is an inconvenience in 2022, not an emergency. Our under-prepared and under-resourced health system doesn't seem to be as strained as predicted and hospitalisations and ICU admissions are low.

Not really comfortable with 'hey things aren't that bad right now' as a justification for retaining emergency powers. What's wrong with enacting emergency powers when necessary?
You've got at least until January 4th 2023 to sit on that one.

Sir Joh
Please explain Pauline
Crazy Bob Katter
Clive
Matt Canavan

The list goes on and on

QLD is Australia's version of Texas or Florida

Sir Joh
Please explain Pauline
Crazy Bob Katter
Clive
Matt Canavan

The list goes on and on

every state has their crazies

We send ours to Armadale and they send theirs to parliament

Sir Joh
Please explain Pauline
Crazy Bob Katter
Clive
Matt Canavan

The list goes on and on

dBa.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

had a really great lunch wiv me ma at barchetta cott last weekend. don't often go norf but it was the only place i could get in at short notice and it really does have unbeatable ocean views opposite the dreaded obh. staff were fantastic. menu limited but i was hungover af (see avatar) and they have this bibimbap that was just what the doctor ordered.

had a really great lunch wiv me ma at barchetta cott last weekend. don't often go norf but it was the only place i could get in at short notice and it really does have unbeatable ocean views opposite the dreaded obh. staff were fantastic. menu limited but i was hungover af (see avatar) and they have this bibimbap that was just what the doctor ordered.
Not sure I understood a lot of that. Could someone please interpret?
;)

Just a reminder that 70% of Australia's construction timber is "conflict timber" from russia

Anyone building a home should demand that non-russian timber is used AND our governments should avoid any doubt by banning it

This highlights that banning/ closing our timber industry in Australia costs lives and global security

Just a reminder that 70% of Australia's construction timber is "conflict timber" from russia

Anyone building a home should demand that non-russian timber is used AND our governments should avoid any doubt by banning it

This highlights that banning/ closing our timber industry in Australia costs lives and global security
Same as buying oil from the middle east.

ouch

imagine trying to buy oil that isn't related to conflict or corrupt oppressive governments?
When all the greenies prevent us from drilling our own oil we sadly don't have much choice. (We would also drill in a more environmentally friendly way too)

What do you drive, a Tesla?

unfortunately I drive three german made cars, which probably means I drive cars made using russian gas

I can't wait to drive an EV but I'll probably wait 5 years or so for the technology to improve and so not to use coal electricity to fuel my car

When all the greenies prevent us from drilling our own oil we sadly don't have much choice. (We would also drill in a more environmentally friendly way too)

we export more oil than we import but it is a terrible situation that the east coast has been so negative on O&G

Victoria has probably been the worst

Remove this Banner Ad

Back