The Perth Thread - Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

No they won't
As for the election all McGowan has to do us keep enough sheep in the metro area happy and he is State Daddy for life

I’m talking federally - they will start the beat up of missing family at Christmas, NSW can go overseas and you can’t blah blah

I’m talking federally - they will start the beat up of missing family at Christmas, NSW can go overseas and you can’t blah blah
Federal government are waiting until the vaccine is high enough and supply is high enough that everyone who wants it can get it so that when the doors are still not open it is because the health system can't handle it.

We couldn't handle a bus crash at the moment, let alone covid. The hospitals have needed more support for training and grad programs for a while now, since long before covid, but it's never been enough of an issue to leverage.

When the hospitals here, particularly the public hospitals non emergency service provisions, are way down on expectations and no covid - the federal government will leverage that against the ALP state government who were in power prior to covid and have the power to do anything now during/after covid with the money piling up.

It's a real shame that it's the best way to get things fixed, for politician's jobs to be at risk, but that's the way it is.

I'm expecting tens of billions in federal health stimulus/one off injection/talent visa fasttracking to come online before the next election. The win will be all federal and the responsibility will be all state to deliver.

The people win. So good.

exactly.
The right wing loser nut job propaganda scum are already pushing that line through the ABC and mainstream media.As well as the hospital system is in chaos already and can't handle any cases.So making it that living in a very wealthy covid free restriction free death free state is a bad thing because everyone in WA pretty much has at least some friends and family overseas or interstate they have not seen for a while and are a bit over it.
Though if you get away from the media and the garbage that losers peddle via the internet the vast majority you speak to in WA are happy to go the coarse and hold the line.It is not as if you are never going to see people you know interstate ever again.
It would be nice if once the 70-80% vaccination rate is reached covid just magically becomes a minor inconvenience but that doesn't seem to be the case overseas.

And as for the hospital system is in chaos that is a story that has grown overtime.It started with ambulance ramping/wait times which have been an issue exasperated by covid protocols and shortages due to lack of staff due to less immigration mostly.It then grew from there and last month there was a seasonal influx of end of winter type chest infections that caused about a third of hospital staff to be of sick as well as high demand so of coarse the right wing loser creeps and the media have pushed that angle to the maximum whereas infact the hospital system is not on the verge of collapse in WA and not in as a bad a shape as it is made out to be.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Geeeze the #Ilovemarky bover boys wont like that, well done Ben Harvey.
Uh, He did a lot in terms of protecting the minerals sector up north with brazil's issues and Covid, Hes even said so that its a pretty lucky result. Whats also good is that he hasnt pinged the prices to remain absolute ballistic. the 25B dollar debt labor attacked the coalition had a lot less revenue and things were slow. Debt isnt bad if you can pay it off and it's managable

I mean it sounds like a scary hit piece but its not really informative, It just yells "But CHINA AND DEBT!" to kind of rip on labor using scare tactics then to turn around and go "we owe money to banks in Hong Kong which is China!" is lazy

He's done a great job but not perfect. Ild take that every day from a politician

Western Australia’s prized budget surplus is in danger of being wiped out as a precipitous fall in iron ore prices eats into the state’s finances.
The plunge in iron ore prices in recent weeks towards $US90 a tonne – down from a peak of more than $US230 a tonne earlier this year – could take billions out of the state’s budget and risks WA joining other states and territories in running a budget deficit.

Western Australia’s prized budget surplus is in danger of being wiped out as a precipitous fall in iron ore prices eats into the state’s finances.
The plunge in iron ore prices in recent weeks towards $US90 a tonne – down from a peak of more than $US230 a tonne earlier this year – could take billions out of the state’s budget and risks WA joining other states and territories in running a budget deficit.

" But Treasury had based its budget predictions on an iron ore price of just $US55 per tonne by March next year. "

Plus budget papers having the price average at 66 per Tonne

So still good yeah? You should thank your fiscally responsible state government. Put that stress to rest buddy!

" But Treasury had based its budget predictions on an iron ore price of just $US55 per tonne by March next year. "

Plus budget papers having the price average at 66 per Tonne

So still good yeah? You should thank your fiscally responsible state government. Put that stress to rest buddy!
Your state daddy is a fraud

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How are people returning from Melbourne allowed to travel to their prison quarantine location?

Everything except public transport is ok.

If you take an Uber, sit in the back seat and wear a mask. You'll need one in the airport and plane anyway.

If someone picks you up, it's the same story except I doubt anyone gives a s**t if you sit in the front seat. Also, while nobody will check, you need to go from the airport to your quarantine location by the most direct route possible stopping only for rest and as required by law.

If you're going to hotel quarantine (not sure if that's still a thing for interstate arrivals), an authorised officer at the airport will put you on a bus.

Make sure you have an approved G2G Pass.

Looking at booking flights to QLD for a week at Christmas time in December. Reckon we are pretty safe to consider borders open if QLD and us have no cases?
You’ll get in ok (direct per to bne yeh)?
Its whether perth lets you back in. I mean qld is not low risk atm for lord macgowan yet we have had less cases than perth in recent weeks. Go figure

The thing that I find the most interesting in this article is that he “posed as a security guard”

Do “reporters” not see that’s the story rather than him running onto the ground
How’s the look on the guys face as he’s getting carried away , big cheesy grin .
Priceless 😁
I’d contribute to his fine , bring on the streakers !

Remove this Banner Ad

Back