The Perth Thread - Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

TBH, what really is the difference in lowering the ATAR score from 95 or whatever it is down to 90? fu** all I would have thought and it could see an increase in the amount of people becoming doctors. I went to school with a bloke that got an ATAR in the high 80s (IIRC) yet through the Indigenous pathway, he went to UWA to study medicine and is now a surgeon. Getting a score below the required didn't hamper his ability at all.
At least there used to be a completely separate set of entry testing for medicine.

TBH, what really is the difference in lowering the ATAR score from 95 or whatever it is down to 90? fu** all I would have thought and it could see an increase in the amount of people becoming doctors. I went to school with a bloke that got an ATAR in the high 80s (IIRC) yet through the Indigenous pathway, he went to UWA to study medicine and is now a surgeon. Getting a score below the required didn't hamper his ability at all.

Reminds me of the joke...

Q - What do you call a doctor that graduated last in his class?
A - Doctor

Personally I also think we can be a bit more lenient but we demand exceptional health care and I don't think there will be much popular support for it, unless it's bipartisan and both parties link it to reducing ambulance ramping, wait times etc.

Would you or me or others be okay with a doctor that barely speaks English with a degree from Burkina Faso treating you in the emergency department? Therein lies the rub - what would be acceptable to us in Australia? Even if you lower the ATAR now, it will still take years before the Year 12 student becomes a qualified doctor and won't immediately solve the current health care issues which I think we all agree exist and must be addressed.

Let's not pretend this problem just materialised under their watch, it's been bubbling along for decades, ever since we as a nation decided that paying less tax was more important than providing adequate services. The slow privatisation of our health system is a disgrace, but if people aren't willing to reach into their pockets a bit more, how do we fund it?
McGowan is sitting on a 5b surplus and starving the health dep. WTF!!!

My wife's boss ended up with blood clots 7-14 days post vaccination

He may or may not die but he's left brain dead after blood clots in the brain. He is leaving two teenage kids and his wife behind or worse the burden of feeding a vegetable for the rest of his life.

He's currently at Charlie's and been in a coma for around 14 days already.

Personally I find it strange we are killing perfectly healthy people in their 50s and 60s to preserve the life of 70-90 yo's with underlying health issue. I'm pro vax but I don't think AZ should not be on the market.
And unfortunately we keep hearing that it is such a low chance of a bad side effect that individuals should take the risk for the greater good.

Easy to say until it happens to you or a family member.

And unfortunately we keep hearing that it is such a low chance of a bad side effect that individuals should take the risk for the greater good.

Easy to say until it happens to you or a family member.

1 in 100,000 chance of blood clots they reckon. A population of 25m still means 250 people getting it at those odds. That is too great of a risk.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It seems to be the first dose of AZ that knocks people around, whereas it's the second dose for Pfizer.

A RN told me not to have the AZ and blood clots are being under reported.

I have been In two minds all along because of underlying health issues I have.

The reality is that should COVID rear it’s ugly head and I’m exposed, I’m finished. The options are limited given I can’t get Pfizer and Morrison has implied that if we wait, then it’s at the end of the Pfizer queue.

It’s a risk that I’m unfortunately going to have to take

The reality is that should COVID rear it’s ugly head and I’m exposed, I’m finished. The options are limited given I can’t get Pfizer and Morrison has implied that if we wait, then it’s at the end of the Pfizer queue.

I feel for you and wish you all the best.

I dont think the wait will be that long, its a political hot potato that is alienating his over 50 voter base.
I can see the photo op "isnt it great you can all have phizer now" with thumbs up and a gormless smile

Hardly driven a new car that's due for its 1 month service Monday week so went for a bit of a spin to the Avon Valley this morning to put some k's on the clock. Haven't been to York for about 30 years, very impressed though. Quite lively, very clean and picturesque, well worth a drive and a few hours there. Northam however, avoid like the plague.

Hardly driven a new car that's due for its 1 month service Monday week so went for a bit of a spin to the Avon Valley this morning to put some k's on the clock. Haven't been to York for about 30 years, very impressed though. Quite lively, very clean and picturesque, well worth a drive and a few hours there. Northam however, avoid like the plague.
York I thought looked dead and pretty run down, but this was just driving through once about 10 years ago.

Northam I simply hate that place.

Been meaning to drive through Toodyay one day to see if it's any good.

York I thought looked dead and pretty run down, but this was just driving through once about 10 years ago.

Northam I simply hate that place.

Been meaning to drive through Toodyay one day to see if it's any good.
Toodyay is my favourite of the three but it is also the smallest. So mightn't be for everyone's tastes.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back