Current The Peru Six

Remove this Banner Ad

a. miscarriages of justice do occur, not least in Peru
b. Peru, iirc, has no presumption of innocence in criminal trials, they would actually have to prove innocence not just cast doubts over guilt. That could be a near impossible task even if innocent.

How in the name of little green apples do we have an extradition agreement of any workable nature with a country that has no presumption of innocence?!

How in the name of little green apples do we have an extradition agreement of any workable nature with a country that has no presumption of innocence?!

Apparently it is ancient and might not hold up in court under current laws anyway

To the story, there's probably more to it than what the media says (no suprise). Its quite difficult when the occurence happend 1/2 a world away, which doesnt make it easier when trying to get a clear picture of the reality to the situation.
And in a language few Australian-employed journalists can speak. If they ever go to court we'll probably have to follow US media for reporting that makes sense outside of "They're young Australians and scared".

Something smells fishy about this case. One thing I know for sure though, is that I wouldn't be keen to go make. If they did I would doubt they make it out of there alive even if they are found not guilty (which I doubt would be the case)

I wouldn't go back.

If I was guilty: screw going to jail.
If I was innocent: no way I'll run the risk of the judge/jury getting it wrong and going to jail as a result. prosecutors don't give a crap if you're guilty or innocent, they just want convictions.

There is actually another Aussie being accused of the same crime in Peru, and he is being held in custody for 1 year while they investigate. That whole 'no presumption of innocence thing.' Who wants to spend a year in a Peruvian jail while the cops investigate? So no s**t they arent gonna go back.

There is actually another Aussie being accused of the same crime in Peru, and he is being held in custody for 1 year while they investigate. That whole 'no presumption of innocence thing.' Who wants to spend a year in a Peruvian jail while the cops investigate? So no s**t they arent gonna go back.

Any news article links available for us all to read on what happened?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

its 10pm here and i have drunk over 1 litre of vodka since like 2pm i am so stuffed cant say thatever but i know htere is another aussie in a peru jail for 1 year while the police invesitgage FACT FACT FACT

I AM a journalist and there is an aussie in a peru jail for 1 year while the police investigage i know because im in the same ******* hotel the poie stay in fact byebye

its 10pm here and i have drunk over 1 litre of vodka since like 2pm i am so stuffed cant say thatever but i know htere is another aussie in a peru jail for 1 year while the police invesitgage FACT FACT FACT

fair enough. A 38 yo has been in jail since Sept 25 2015 for throwing his GF off the balcony to her death

I AM a journalist and there is an aussie in a peru jail for 1 year while the police investigage i know because im in the same ******* hotel the poie stay in fact byebye

They send him to jail for 1 year then they investigare. ****ed up.

So sorry mate I dont wanna offend you. I know I am stuffed. Sorry mate

all good mate, no offense taken. drink more or sleep :)

Yeah u see how they are held for 1 year without trial in Peru. Let me give you a hint, the current president of Chile used to live in Melbourne and her father lived there too, so you can expect more leniency.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back