Roast The pessimist's thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Dammit

Challenge Accepted
Mar 20, 2010
Mornington Peninsula
AFL Club
Gold Coast
I was going to post this in the vent & off-topic thread, but I felt that was a bit more miscellaneous.
I reckon we can put all negative team opinions etc. in here?

Just watched Bluey's post match pressed from the Crows debacle. I really thought he made some great points and was extremely damning in regards to some players. I share most of his views.
- he talks about our ineptitude finding a target in our forward line, then having it rebound straight down the guts and putting the defenders under way too much pressure. He says that it's an issue that we can't hit targets. I'd argue that the reason we can't hit targets is because we don't have any!
- he pretty much trashed Gorringe, which is deserved. He needs to get going. 9 games left at best to show he's got it.
- I also commented during the game that we do not lock the ball in enough in our forward 50. Too many times we try and pick it up and pull off miraculous handballs just for it to be turned over and speeding off in the other direction. Just take the bloody tackle and set up for a stoppage. It's happened far too often this season.
- his comment about "lucky we signed Prestia last week, imagine what we would have to pay him after that game" was more than an off the cuff joke for mine. Following the process along, as we all have, it's pretty clear that he was playing for more money along the way and signed during a hot streak for him. I question his motives a bit. Don't get me wrong, he's going to be amazing and I was stoked when he signed on. But the whole process has certainly lessened my respect for him in a way.
- he mentioned the reason that Prestia had to play in defence early on this year was because we "didn't have any defenders who could take the small nasty guys". Well Jesus, what does hat say about his confidence in Broughton, Murphy, Stanley, Wilkinson, Hutchins, Weller etc.
- the fact that he said that Swallow will move back into the midfield makes me think he still doesn't have full confidence in all of our back flankers.
- his unapologetic dressing down of a senior player in Brennan shows he's lost a lot of faith in him as well. The not-so-subtle reference the need for him to improve his clearance work said to me that he is a long way off the mark, and certainly nowhere near where he needs to be.

I've got a lot more but that will do for now.

I don't know where to begin...... Have to agree with everything said above dwd, not much else I can say.. I think disappointment comes to mind, bring on the lions (sarcastic woo)

Well said darwingduck. I know I'm going to be in the minority here but I think Weller could do a similar job to Swallow off HB, try's hard and can set up some attack off HB unlike wilko. -_-

Remove this Banner Ad

Back