The Pet Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

imgp0258.jpg

My 11 year old cat.

picture007bm.jpg

My mates 5 year old dog that I often look after.

Doesn't your mates dog try & eat your cat?

He used to be a flat-mate and Choppa grew up with the 2 cats below, he's is just a big softy.

picture025y.jpg

picture027gu.jpg

lol, the one on the bottom used to hiss at at him if he got too close and he would back off.
I don't know if that's bravery or stupidity :D
My cat above was a bit more wary though ;)

I have a black labrador and two rats. They get along with my dog, surprisingly.

I found out the hard way that mine didn't...left the cage open after having cleaned it and it finds its way into the mouth of my dog :eek:

Two ginger haired cats, a staffy cross (no, he wasn't the rat killer), six chickens and soon in a couple of months two ducks.

I have a black labrador and two rats. They get along with my dog, surprisingly.

I've been wanting to get a rat but am worried that my dogs won't take too kindly to it.

I've been wanting to get a rat but am worried that my dogs won't take too kindly to it.

You'll need to isolate them in a room, and keep the door closed. Or put the cage in a location where they can't reach. In any case, I'd recommend getting two of them because they are very social animals. And unless you're willing to spend lots of time with it, they get easily depressed if they are alone.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Two Dalmations at my house. Bonnie 9 and Clyde 8. I've only had them for 2 and a half months. Got them through pet rescue people who heard that due to nasty divorce/custody battle of previous owners their other mother "the baitch" had signed docs to send them off to doggie heaven. They couldn't be separated so I put my hand up.

At the moment they're a bit antsy due to mega windy weather while I'm keeping eye on BOM....also they hate the d'head across the street and have just had a barking attack at him while mowing his yard...don't blame them so I rewarded them with a treat..

dizzy2.jpg

Dizzy, my Fox Terrier x Kelpie (pictured here on the right with my mum and dad's dog Jovi on the left) died today. He developed a brain tumor which reared it's ugly head yesterday and he went downhill rapidly. The vet called this morning saying he had gone into a comatose state and when we went down there it was clear the best thing to do was put him to sleep.

Wasn't fun though. He was 7 years old and the best ****ing dog ever. I will miss him so much.

RIP Dizzy, a lot of people miss you already.:(

Just a curiosity about pets - why do girls love guys with dogs (provided the said dog doesn't look like a cross between a hyaena and a wolf, and tried to take the girl's arm off) but seem to be turned off by single guys with cats?

I love cats (I own one) and I can't work out why they seem to be a deal-breaker while dogs seem to be a babe-magnet, when both are cute and make great pets.

No way are cats a deal breaker. I absolutely love (most of) them. They have serious personality.

I adore my dog but he's transparent whereas ellie (the cat) is independent, selfish and just darn right interesting. Everything is on her terms, whereas stimpy (dog) is completely submissive.

I love them both though, maybe stimpy a bit more because he's been around for 13 years and ellie only 1 year and a half.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back