Solved The Peter Falconio Disappearance

megadeth86

Team Captain
Jul 15, 2020
AFL Club
Carlton
For me the difference is that Meagan went into her situation knowing full well the expectations and requirements of her position. I don't believe there is anyone on this earth that would NOT be aware of at least some of the protocols, she would have been given training and have been guided by Harry. She had a choice and has now decided to reneg in a very public, less than graceful way. Where as with Joanne, she 'was/is' the unsuspecting victim of a horrible crime, she had no training on the expectations and requirements of her position. She didn't have a choice.

Both are pretty horrible though and in that same mould of looking entitled and actually being entitled.

20th anniversary of Peter Falconio's disappearance today.

Still hope his body can be found so his family can bury him, but unlikely.

Bit surprised to see so much razzamattazz around a fresh appeal for information with a TV crew gone out to the site where the van was intercepted. I hope some day he's found but like you, think it's unlikely now.

sprockets

Cancelled
Crime Board Sleuth BeanCoiNFT Investor
Oct 15, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond
Bradley Robert Edwards was not found guilty of the Sarah Spiers murder in Western Australia presumably, in large part, because no body was found!
SS was a very different scenario, mainly in that there were no witnesses or other evidence such as a crime scene. We don't even know for certain that anything untoward happened to her, although it's reasonable to presume so.

megadeth86

Team Captain
Jul 15, 2020
AFL Club
Carlton
SS was a very different scenario, mainly in that there were no witnesses or other evidence such as a crime scene. We don't even know for certain that anything untoward happened to her, although it's reasonable to presume so.

I would say it was more the case that they got BRE for the other two murders so the Spiers case was less important in terms of ultimate punishment. But I think it does, by implication, cast doubt over the merits of the Brad Murdoch verdict.

Mar 21, 2016
Down South Corvus Tristis
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, White Sox
I would say it was more the case that they got BRE for the other two murders so the Spiers case was less important in terms of ultimate punishment. But I think it does, by implication, cast doubt over the merits of the Brad Murdoch verdict.
I cant see that

In SS there were no witnesses

In PF we had Joanna Lees plus DNA

You can argue the testimony and the DNA but to leap from no body to doubt is a big leap

(especially as no record or hint of PF being hinted at after the incident)

sprockets

Cancelled
Crime Board Sleuth BeanCoiNFT Investor
Oct 15, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond
It casts no doubt at all, the cases are unrelated and different in their evidence, as stated above.

Tues

Team Captain
Dec 6, 2020
AFL Club
Sydney
Italy is nice this time of year I've heard.:)

Attachments

• 17200919_10212366902749291_5049878047858558240_n.jpg
    17200919_10212366902749291_5049878047858558240_n.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 204

Awakening

Club Legend
Oct 23, 2021
AFL Club
West Coast
Best the police catch this man, he's so dangerous. He broke her jaw, ribs, pelvis, and fractured an eye socket.

Because she wouldn't give him her phone number.

I know right?! Total psychopath.

But the victim sounds like a tough woman. Drove herself to the hospital.

Made me wonder about the scary people in these remote areas.

This guy was apparently driving a Holden Colorado.

I know right?! Total psychopath.

But the victim sounds like a tough woman. Drove herself to the hospital.

Made me wonder about the scary people in these remote areas.

This guy was apparently driving a Holden Colorado.

He could have been following her for ages so hopefully the police will spot the license plate on CCTV somewhere.

Key points:​

• A crime scene has been declared north of the NT town of Katherine
  • It is the second set of remains found by members of the public in just over a week
  • Police haven't disclosed the exact location of the remains

Lace_Out

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 1, 2014
AFL Club
Carlton
With no trauma to the skull it rules out PF. Even before that it was not even a remote chance.

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

Lace_Out

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 1, 2014
AFL Club
Carlton
What's the point, there was so much empty space much nearer where they'd never find him.

Why would you risk taking a body further than you need to?

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

Yet they know enough about the remains to confirm they're not Angie Fuller's.

Multiple sources have confirmed to The Age and The Sydney Morning Herald that the bones have been discovered and that they will be cross-checked against the Falconio case because of their age and location.

JWS2019

Team Captain
Nov 30, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood

Multiple sources have confirmed to The Age and The Sydney Morning Herald that the bones have been discovered and that they will be cross-checked against the Falconio case because of their age and location.

Fingers crossed.... would be good for the family etc... and legal eagles know how this works with no body no parole????

Last edited:

JWS2019

Team Captain
Nov 30, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood

Suppose that they would be able to conclude pretty quickly due to the estimated age of the remains ?

Back