Current The PETER FALCONIO murder BRADLEY MURDOCH & the ROMAN HEINZE factor.

Remove this Banner Ad

Thanks for posting that Shelly I watched it today. They didn't ask the truck driver why he is only saying that he saw Jelly Man now unfortunately. The show raises more questions especially about J Lees. I have never seen the footage of her interviews before and it is interesting just how evasive she is in them.
It needs to be stressed that NTPOL wanted this solved any way it could be and they definitely cut corners in the investigation. I do think it is a very unsafe conviction but I don't believe BM is lily white either.

Thanks for posting that Shelly I watched it today. They didn't ask the truck driver why he is only saying that he saw Jelly Man now unfortunately. The show raises more questions especially about J Lees. I have never seen the footage of her interviews before and it is interesting just how evasive she is in them.
It needs to be stressed that NTPOL wanted this solved any way it could be and they definitely cut corners in the investigation. I do think it is a very unsafe conviction but I don't believe BM is lily white either.

It makes more sense to me that more than one person was involved in the handling and removing of a deceased Falconio so I like the entry of Jelly Man, the scenario we were given never really added up imo but until recently didn't seriously consider Lees might have been hiding anything more than a bit of personal use marijuana.

Hmmmm there's more to the story I think.

It makes more sense to me that more than one person was involved in the handling and removing of a deceased Falconio so I like the entry of Jelly Man, the scenario we were given never really added up imo but until recently didn't seriously consider Lees might have been hiding anything more than a bit of personal use marijuana.

Hmmmm there's more to the story I think.
To elaborate on the scenario I put in much earlier about "Shifty Pete" who in the show they are calling "Dodgy Pete" that both he and JL were involved in dealing dope in order to fund their trip and life style. That there was a rip off by JL & PF and they (the dealers who they ripped off) caught up with them in Alice.
That PF & JL thought that they could run and hide in the outback, thinking that they would never be found but not realising that the OZ outback doesn't work like that and they were easily tracked down.

There was betrayal within their relationship and I think that JL somehow was spared or did a deal to not be taken from the scene. The gravel rash on her knees, a sign that at some point she was on her knees begging for her life and that she ran or was left alone in the desert in the dark, which would be a terrifying prospect for most let alone a Pom.
This would also fit with the fact that there are only her foot prints. That she after being 'rescued' desperately wanted to find the Kombi because she knew that it was full of the commercial quantity of pot in the hidden compartments that PF had built in Syd and wanted to make sure the evidence of that was gone. She also knew they would come for her if she told anyone what really went down and therefore lied from the start.

As to the truck driver now talking about 'Jelly Man' I think at the time he knew or had a good idea who the players were and didn't want a bar of it at the time. It may be a big country but it's a small world for the travellers in it. And now just a month shy of the 20 year anniversary he feels it's safe enough to tell a different tale. That and a little financial incentive from the TV show might have changed his mind.
Onto 'Jelly Man'. Quite possible that he was taken from the scene and was let go once he paid back what was ripped off and his kidnappers returned to the scene of the Kombi, moved it off the road and buried the dope from it after JL was 'rescued'.
New to me was the insurance fraud angle. Maybe that was also PF's intent initially but I don't think he got to pull it off in the way he thought he might.
It is possible that PF was at the servo in Bourke but was disappeared at a later date by this network.

BM was definitely set up by Hepi with his deal with the cops.
The police were not going to have another 'Lindy Chamberlain' trial in front of the worlds media and wanted it solved. So it was 'solved' for all intents and purposes and BM was the straw man.
People always have to remember that the top end does not operate the way it is in the south.

My punt is that this is a loose network of rogues operating across the top end from coast to coast and that JL & PF didn't understand how extensive the network was and how much s**t they had put themselves in when they did the rip off.
Yes, I would say there is a way lot more that we don't know and the above is my take away on this after a night mulling over what I have been told and after watching the doco.

To elaborate on the scenario I put in much earlier about "Shifty Pete" who in the show they are calling "Dodgy Pete" that both he and JL were involved in dealing dope in order to fund their trip and life style. That there was a rip off by JL & PF and they (the dealers who they ripped off) caught up with them in Alice.
That PF & JL thought that they could run and hide in the outback, thinking that they would never be found but not realising that the OZ outback doesn't work like that and they were easily tracked down.

There was betrayal within their relationship and I think that JL somehow was spared or did a deal to not be taken from the scene. The gravel rash on her knees, a sign that at some point she was on her knees begging for her life and that she ran or was left alone in the desert in the dark, which would be a terrifying prospect for most let alone a Pom.
This would also fit with the fact that there are only her foot prints. That she after being 'rescued' desperately wanted to find the Kombi because she knew that it was full of the commercial quantity of pot in the hidden compartments that PF had built in Syd and wanted to make sure the evidence of that was gone. She also knew they would come for her if she told anyone what really went down and therefore lied from the start.

As to the truck driver now talking about 'Jelly Man' I think at the time he knew or had a good idea who the players were and didn't want a bar of it at the time. It may be a big country but it's a small world for the travellers in it. And now just a month shy of the 20 year anniversary he feels it's safe enough to tell a different tale. That and a little financial incentive from the TV show might have changed his mind.
Onto 'Jelly Man'. Quite possible that he was taken from the scene and was let go once he paid back what was ripped off and his kidnappers returned to the scene of the Kombi, moved it off the road and buried the dope from it after JL was 'rescued'.
New to me was the insurance fraud angle. Maybe that was also PF's intent initially but I don't think he got to pull it off in the way he thought he might.
It is possible that PF was at the servo in Bourke but was disappeared at a later date by this network.

The police were not going to have another 'Lindy Chamberlain' trial in front of the worlds media and wanted it solved. So it was 'solved' for all intents and purposes and BM was the straw man.
People always have to remember that the top end does not operate the way it is in the south.

My punt is that this is a loose network of rogues operating across the top end from coast to coast and that JL & PF didn't understand how extensive the network was and how much sh*t they had put themselves in when they did the rip off.
Yes, I would say there is a way lot more that we don't know and the above is my take away on this after a night mulling over what I have been told and after watching the doco.

That looks really good :thumbsu:

There's a thread here with a bigger discussion on the doccy, evidence etc.

My punt is that this is a loose network of rogues operating across the top end from coast to coast and that JL & PF didn't understand how extensive the network was and how much sh*t they had put themselves in when they did the rip off.
Lot of assumptions in that story but people are critical of Lees for her story? No concentrate evidence, just a guess what you think might have happened. meanwhile in the real world the Police dealt with DNA and a description which matched Murdoch. Her hair tie found in his possession years later. A guy who was driving long hours - drugged up to his eye balls - I would think he is capable of anything.

A very good Podcast outlines what kind of a man Bradley Murdoch was and it doesn't paint a good picture. The podcast is case file - case 44 Peter Falconio.

Lot of assumptions in that story but people are critical of Lees for her story? No concentrate evidence, just a guess what you think might have happened. meanwhile in the real world the Police dealt with DNA and a description which matched Murdoch. Her hair tie found in his possession years later. A guy who was driving long hours - drugged up to his eye balls - I would think he is capable of anything.

A very good Podcast outlines what kind of a man Bradley Murdoch was and it doesn't paint a good picture. The podcast is case file - case 44 Peter Falconio.

Not all victims are saints, they're flawed and messy humans just like the rest of us. That JL may have left some parts out of the story doesn't make her or PF lesser victims ..... victims who were driving long hours drugged up to their eyeballs as well.

The Casefile pod is a good one but so is Robin Bowles book where she presents another view.

will the topic of Bradley Murdoch's involvement in the disappearance of Peter Falconio resurface following the coronial inquest into the disappearance of Larrimah's Patrick "Paddy" Moriarty?
the inquest heard secret police recordings from a listening device placed within the bungalow of local Larrimah gardener, Owen Laurie, who made mention of Falconio's demise whilst he was being secretly recorded.

84cd96a680c9f4b2012c9bdfbccc14cf.jpg

imho

will the topic of Bradley Murdoch's involvement in the disappearance of Peter Falconio resurface following the coronial inquest into the disappearance of Larrimah's Patrick "Paddy" Moriarty?
the inquest heard secret police recordings from a listening device placed within the bungalow of local Larrimah gardener, Owen Laurie, who made mention of Falconio's demise whilst he was being secretly recorded.

imho

Uh_oh

Finally we get to see what he looks like, now we can probably understand why he's been so camera shy. Do we know how tall he is?

Uh_oh

Finally we get to see what he looks like, now we can probably understand why he's been so camera shy. Do we know how tall he is?

not off the cuff, but there's possibly more photography, depicting his height against other people, in the above article and other such related articles ... also google under the images search filter, and have another look thru clips on paddy's disappearance, i'v a feeling he may have been spoken to briefly in one of those clips.

gobsmacked by the resemblance!

imho

imho
Owen doesn't make mention of Falconio. Have another read of article

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"Mr Laurie, a tall elderly man with a grey handlebar moustache, a forward-leaning gait and a muffled-sounding voice, took the witness stand on Tuesday afternoon."

Attachments

• 952DDA7F-3D64-4690-8466-1837F20F2C19.jpeg
    952DDA7F-3D64-4690-8466-1837F20F2C19.jpeg
    37.8 KB · Views: 72
  • FB859ABC-9BEA-47A3-90B9-06EC6B26E887.png
    FB859ABC-9BEA-47A3-90B9-06EC6B26E887.png
    190 KB · Views: 66
I dunno

Attachments

• B99784E5-0A92-4DFB-BB35-EC294F914F48.jpeg
    B99784E5-0A92-4DFB-BB35-EC294F914F48.jpeg
    238.4 KB · Views: 63
  • 1F7344AF-396D-419C-8266-AC9EB80B2BB7.jpeg
    1F7344AF-396D-419C-8266-AC9EB80B2BB7.jpeg
    70.7 KB · Views: 69
  • 823E4D9F-4AE9-4C4E-9AB9-BE54302F53F6.jpeg
    823E4D9F-4AE9-4C4E-9AB9-BE54302F53F6.jpeg
    33.2 KB · Views: 60
  • 19F80BA2-A7A1-49AF-A5EB-B367EC820888.jpeg
    19F80BA2-A7A1-49AF-A5EB-B367EC820888.jpeg
    36.4 KB · Views: 91
Owen doesn't make mention of Falconio. Have another read of article
first read aground 4am, just had another read, hm, it was a bit confusing, but with such a tiny community of 12, a dog named ruby, and in the falconio aspect 2 men and a roo dog, could be something in it, perhaps. i think it's worth keeping an eye on.

imho

So this article on the findings of the inquest seems to better explain how Falconio's murder was linked to this case.

There was a witness at the inquest who claimed his mate had been offered money to kill Paddy Moriarty and that he suspected this same mate had killed Falconio.

One witness told the court he overheard Larrimah tea shop owner Fran Hodgetts offer his mate up to $10,000 to "get rid of … the old man who was still giving her a hard time".

Ms Hodgetts told the inquest she had nothing to do with Mr Moriarty's disappearance.
"I can tell you now, I never ever, ever, ever paid anybody to bump Paddy off," she said.
The same witness told the inquest he suspected his mate also killed British backpacker Peter Falconio two decades ago, despite the conviction of Bradley John Murdoch.

So to sum up the Falconio link:

Witness says a tealady offered a mate of his money to off Paddy Moriarty and he suspects this same mate killed Falconio

Source: trust me bro
Yeah, don't think Murdoch's getting a new appeal on the basis of "new and compelling evidence".

Yeah, don't think Murdoch's getting a new appeal on the basis of "new and compelling evidence".
This is about the time Bradley remembers the part of the story that had completely slipped his mind for 20 years.

See he was in this Red Rooster and he was really behind schedule on his latest drugs run. There was a bit of a line and knowing how slow Red Rooster can be at times he was getting even more worried he wouldn't complete his run on time. Even in the air con in the middle of winter he was sweating like crazy. That's when this bloke's mate who was standing behind him in line said "hey mate looking a bit hot there" before pulling out a towel and wiping all the sweat off him.

They get their Red Rooster and go their separate ways. Later that night, that bloke murders Peter Falconio and uses the sweaty towel to wipe down the steering wheel and gear stick of the kombi to plant Murdoch's DNA and frame him.

Case closed

This is about the time Bradley remembers the part of the story that had completely slipped his mind for 20 years.

See he was in this Red Rooster and he was really behind schedule on his latest drugs run. There was a bit of a line and knowing how slow Red Rooster can be at times he was getting even more worried he wouldn't complete his run on time. Even in the air con in the middle of winter he was sweating like crazy. That's when this bloke's mate who was standing behind him in line said "hey mate looking a bit hot there" before pulling out a towel and wiping all the sweat off him.

They get their Red Rooster and go their separate ways. Later that night, that bloke murders Peter Falconio and uses the sweaty towel to wipe down the steering wheel and gear stick of the kombi to plant Murdoch's DNA and frame him.

Case closed
He is just SO unlucky. Not only because this happened to him, but because he forgot about it until now. It's very lucky that there was this inquest with such clear information on the matter.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back