dmac_55

Club Legend
Jun 17, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Dallas Cowboys
Also farewell T.J. You have been a loyal soldier throughout the process, grinded your way to a career in the NBA and i wish only good things in future!

Raul Neto was signed by Sixers. I haven't seen him play basically at all but he looks a similar player to T.J. with a quicker release from 3 and more willing to let if fly. Has had injury issues tho but who doesn't in Philadelphia!

sherrif

Premiership Player
Dec 7, 2012
AFL Club
Fremantle
Also farewell T.J. You have been a loyal soldier throughout the process, grinded your way to a career in the NBA and i wish only good things in future!

Raul Neto was signed by Sixers. I haven't seen him play basically at all but he looks a similar player to T.J. with a quicker release from 3 and more willing to let if fly. Has had injury issues tho but who doesn't in Philadelphia!
There is also a strong rumour that Korver will have his contract bought out by Phoenix and hell be signed by either Philly or the Lakers.
Shake Milton was also signed to a four year extension so they must be pretty high on his potential. He's playing point guard in Summer League. I see the main squad if everyone fit as: With Korver another potential good addition at this stage.
Ben Simmons
Richardson
Harris
Horford
Embid
Ennis
Scott
Bolden
Milton
Neto
Smith
Monroe

Last edited:

dmac_55

Club Legend
Jun 17, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Dallas Cowboys
There is also a strong rumour that Korver will have his contract bought out by Phoenix and hell be signed by either Philly or the Lakers.
Shake Milton was also signed to a four year extension so they must be pretty high on his potential. He's playing point guard in Summer League. I see the main squad if everyone fit as: With Korver another potential good addition at this stage.
Ben Simmons
Richardson
Harris
Horford
Embid
Ennis
Scott
Bolden
Milton
Neto
Smith
Monroe
Swap Monroe for Kyle Oquinn and don't forget promising SG/SF Matthys Thybulle! He has a bit of Covington in his game flying around with his wingspan on D closing out everywhere.

Milton has been struggling in SL as a PG but i still have faith he can give us some burn throughout the regular season. He was a very good contributor at G league last year. Just need someone to sop up some PG mins in RS for us

sherrif

Premiership Player
Dec 7, 2012
AFL Club
Fremantle
Swap Monroe for Kyle Oquinn and don't forget promising SG/SF Matthys Thybulle! He has a bit of Covington in his game flying around with his wingspan on D closing out everywhere.

Milton has been struggling in SL as a PG but i still have faith he can give us some burn throughout the regular season. He was a very good contributor at G league last year. Just need someone to sop up some PG mins in RS for us
I didnt forget about Matthys. I just think he might be given minutes at G League level to start the year to get a bit more confidence in his shot. I also didnt forget about Quinn. Monroe was decent last year for us. Id have him ahead at the moment.
Neto has been recruited to play the back up role. If he doent work out then getting a back-up point shouldnt be too difficult via trade. That or Milton comes good.

Happy days though. Compared to a year ago Its a much better and more rounded roster provided Embid and Harford can play together.

Mar 26, 2008
Fight Club
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
76ers, Storm, Broad St.
They didn't draft up to get 22-year-old Thybulle so he could start the year in the G-League. He and Zhaire should be getting NBA minutes poured into them from the get-go. If there's any criticism of Brett that's actually valid, it's that he doesn't trust the young guys enough. Those two though should buck that trend though (almost out of necessity).

Super, super high on Zhaire. He could be anything.

Monroe ain't contracted.

Trades for this team are actually going to be hard to come buy. It's likely they are gonna have to keep recycling free agents to see who sticks.

sherrif

Premiership Player
Dec 7, 2012
AFL Club
Fremantle
They didn't draft up to get 22-year-old Thybulle so he could start the year in the G-League. He and Zhaire should be getting NBA minutes poured into them from the get-go. If there's any criticism of Brett that's actually valid, it's that he doesn't trust the young guys enough. Those two though should buck that trend though (almost out of necessity).

Super, super high on Zhaire. He could be anything.

Monroe ain't contracted.

Trades for this team are actually going to be hard to come buy. It's likely they are gonna have to keep recycling free agents to see who sticks.
Yep, Monroe not signed. I googled signed philly players 2019/2020 and his name came up because hed signed in 2019 for the playoffs. I agree completely on Thybulle, but I wouldnt be surprised if he started in the G League and then was brought into the squad after a few games. Hope he plays from the get go. Didnt realise he has a reported nearly seven foot wingspan. Smith has a 6-11 wingspan as well. That length should be great for defending.

Romours are we are into Korver who just got his contract bought out by Phoenix and is now a unrestricted free agent.

Last edited:

sherrif

Premiership Player
Dec 7, 2012
AFL Club
Fremantle
Not much to report this off season recently. The only news I think of is that the 76ers have signed Trey Burke to a partially guaranteed 1 year deal. He should be a good low cost addition. Averages 10.9 points and 3.6 assist across his career. Not great defensively, but can create his own shots and has shown outstanding ball handling at times in his career. Definitely has the potential to come in and heat up offensively in limited minutes. Will battle for playing time with Raul Neto and perhaps Milton as well. I think I prefer what Burke offers compared to the other two. Was considered a potential great in his college and high school days drawing comparison to Allen Iverson.

In other news Ben Simmons is getting positive reviews on his shooting improvement, while Joel Embid looks in way better shape and has lost 25 pounds according to his twitter feed.

The major negative on Philly in the US media is their lack of a clozer. Personally I think Richardson could be a huge surprise in terms of hitting shots late. He'll be getting some great looks as I think most dont realize that with Ben at the point he will often be defended by the opposition's smallest guard on court. With his athleticism his pull up jump shot should be hard to stop. Embid in better shape should also help Philly finish games better. With Horford in the team his minutes should also go down and then he too could be dynamite at the end of the game. Simmons with a decent shot and look out league. We'll have to wait and see how it looks in games though obviously.

Last edited:

sherrif

Premiership Player
Dec 7, 2012
AFL Club
Fremantle
Matisse is super impressive on defense. Should see a lot of minutes this season.
Yep. Just read some twitter reports from the 76ers starters versus bench scrimmage games that were open to the public. Had a heap of steals and a ton of deflections apparently, while also hitting the three. If he is first of the bench then they could sub off Tobias and bring him on. That would be an awesome defensive five. Simmons, Richardson, Matisse, Horford and Embid. Matisse does sound super promising.

Feb 13, 2007
Not practice
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Sam Hinkie
Yep. Just read some twitter reports from the 76ers starters versus bench scrimmage games that were open to the public. Had a heap of steals and a ton of deflections apparently, while also hitting the three. If he is first of the bench then they could sub off Tobias and bring him on. That would be an awesome defensive five. Simmons, Richardson, Matisse, Horford and Embid. Matisse does sound super promising.
I watched most of it. It was pretty scrappy pre-season type stuff and obviously everyone was going half speed but he has pretty obvious, really good defensive instincts to go along with size and I think his 3 ball projects to be passable as well straight away. If there's a battle between him and Zhaire for minutes I'd say he's in front, tho I think they can both get in minutes. Just likely not in the same line up.

sherrif

Premiership Player
Dec 7, 2012
AFL Club
Fremantle
I watched most of it. It was pretty scrappy pre-season type stuff and obviously everyone was going half speed but he has pretty obvious, really good defensive instincts to go along with size and I think his 3 ball projects to be passable as well straight away. If there's a battle between him and Zhaire for minutes I'd say he's in front, tho I think they can both get in minutes. Just likely not in the same line up.
Watched some of his summer league play his shot seems really consistent and has really good form. Interestingly, he'll probably get better looks in the nba compared to being the best player on a college team as he'll likely get open through teams doubling Embid or through Ben's playmaking. One thing that will be interesting is watching how teams guard the 76ers off guards when Ben is on the floor. Richardson, Smith and Matisse all likely to be defended by the oppositions smallest guard on court when playing the 2 with Ben at the point. Should make for some great looks at the basket. Out of interest did Jonah Bolden suit up and if so how did he go? I cant find any reference to his play. Apparently Milton also did well. Im still unsure about how consistently he can hit his shot, but promising signs.

sherrif

Premiership Player
Dec 7, 2012
AFL Club
Fremantle
Really liking what Zhaire and Thybulle have shown so far, both should be able to slot into line ups pretty easily as role players. Thybulle looks like he could fill the RoCo sized hole that was left in my heart when he got traded.
Yep. Agreed. He plays a lot like Covington. Thybulle's 7 foot wingspan also means he can defend taller players, while having great timing to intercept passes like Covington with his 7'2 wingspan and great defensive instincts.

Feb 13, 2007
Not practice
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Sam Hinkie
Watched some of his summer league play his shot seems really consistent and has really good form. Interestingly, he'll probably get better looks in the nba compared to being the best player on a college team as he'll likely get open through teams doubling Embid or through Ben's playmaking. One thing that will be interesting is watching how teams guard the 76ers off guards when Ben is on the floor. Richardson, Smith and Matisse all likely to be defended by the oppositions smallest guard on court when playing the 2 with Ben at the point. Should make for some great looks at the basket. Out of interest did Jonah Bolden suit up and if so how did he go? I cant find any reference to his play. Apparently Milton also did well. Im still unsure about how consistently he can hit his shot, but promising signs.
I don't think Jonah did anything all the memorable, but like I said it was a pretty scrappy exhibition and he was playing with bench guys so he's never really going to shine in that sort of environment imo since he's not really a creator or anything. Think he's going to end up riding the pine a lot now with Mike Scott and O'Quinn there.

sherrif

Premiership Player
Dec 7, 2012
AFL Club
Fremantle
I don't think Jonah did anything all the memorable, but like I said it was a pretty scrappy exhibition and he was playing with bench guys so he's never really going to shine in that sort of environment imo since he's not really a creator or anything. Think he's going to end up riding the pine a lot now with Mike Scott and O'Quinn there.
Thanks.

sherrif

Premiership Player
Dec 7, 2012
AFL Club
Fremantle
Matisse really is new RoCo.
Yep. Looks great. All he has to do is hit the 3 and he's an amazing pick-up. If he's the sixth man he could come on for anyone on the court bar Ben and they would still match up well. Unique situation to have.

Last edited:
Back