The Philadelphia Experiment - Maxey Better Sadly

Remove this Banner Ad

You guys have pretty high hopes for a guy that were cut and then brought back on a minimum deal when we were capped out at the end of free agency. He's had some nice moments, his defense is probably always going to stink and he'll prob get cut at the end of the year but he's like also the only guy on the team who can get his shot off from 3 on the move, quickly and with a high release, that's why they've taken a shot on giving him decent minutes he's asked to take a lot tougher attempts than everyone else.
He has one job (shoot the outside ball), and he is no super star in that regard. He is a run of the mill guy from beyond the arc, that is what bothers us imho.

For everyone complaining, we've got guys like Mike Scott and Mattise Thybulle as our 6 & 7 guys whilst San Antonio have Patty Mills (scored 27 yesterday) Derrick White coming on. We cant get a bunch of bench points from our starters (outside Ben and Joel, occasionally someone else steps up) let alone getting bench points.

Haven't seen a non-Sixers poster feel the need to comment incessantly on everything about the team (w/ deadass lameass trolling to boot) since ol' Gus, especially when his own team is literally a giant walking tub of lard that plays in a city that should be banned from having any professional sporting teams.

Couldn't be the Sixers that loses to the ******* Pelicans on Christmas Day though.

You guys have pretty high hopes for a guy that were cut and then brought back on a minimum deal when we were capped out at the end of free agency. He's had some nice moments, his defense is probably always going to stink and he'll prob get cut at the end of the year but he's like also the only guy on the team who can get his shot off from 3 on the move, quickly and with a high release, that's why they've taken a shot on giving him decent minutes he's asked to take a lot tougher attempts than everyone else.

Korkmaz not showing superstar potential was definitely not on the list of things I thought people would be complaining about!

Haven't seen a non-Sixers poster feel the need to comment incessantly on everything about the team (w/ deadass lameass trolling to boot) since ol' Gus, especially when his own team is literally a giant walking tub of lard that plays in a city that should be banned from having any professional sporting teams.

Couldn't be the Sixers that loses to the ******* Pelicans on Christmas Day though.

Lol a few mates jumped on the Philly bandwagon and they talk them up too much. Simmons is over rated AF

Cant win every game, vs Pels was our 3rd game in 4 nights

76ers need to trade Simmons honestly. Get a PG that can shoot the 3 ball. Allows the team to play through Embiid more, and if he gets double teamed he has 4 shooters surrounding him. Teams get a free double team once the ball is out of Bens hands. He doesnt attempt 3’s or enough mid-range shots. Unless he cuts to the basket its 4 vs 5 on offense too often.

1. Horford, Smith and 2021 first for McCollum
2. Scott, Neto, 2020 Knicks second and 2021 Denver second for Bertans
PG: Simmons
SG: McCollum
SF: Richardson
PF: Harris
C: Embiid
Bench of Bertans, Thybulle, Ennis, Burke

76ers need to trade Simmons honestly. Get a PG that can shoot the 3 ball. Allows the team to play through Embiid more, and if he gets double teamed he has 4 shooters surrounding him. Teams get a free double team once the ball is out of Bens hands. He doesnt attempt 3’s or enough mid-range shots. Unless he cuts to the basket its 4 vs 5 on offense too often.

lmao

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1. Horford, Smith and 2021 first for McCollum
2. Scott, Neto, 2020 Knicks second and 2021 Denver second for Bertans
PG: Simmons
SG: McCollum
SF: Richardson
PF: Harris
C: Embiid
Bench of Bertans, Thybulle, Ennis, Burke
tell him he’s dreamin’ !
Good luck getting Al’s contract off the books. No one paying him close to that

Last edited:
reporter [asking mandatory questions]: joel how's the last week been for you guys
joel [obliged to answer]: it sucks man
boomer [who has never even picked up a basketball in his life]: WHY DON'T YOU SHUT UP JO-EL.

* me, dunno how this sub ended up with some of the most lameass takes/posters. used to be fun and loosely intelligent.

Seen Simmons for D'Angelo Russell mooted around the place.

I get it from a team fit perspective but surely you'd want something juicy coming back.

D-Lo is a nice player, scores 20+ a game, is an OK shooter etc. but he's missed nearly half the Warriors' games so far and it's not like he's a Westbrook or Harden who will score for fun as the main scoring option.

JJ Redick is only on $13m for this season and next. What would it take to get him back and keep Simmons?

1 Simmons
2 Redick
3 Harris
4 Horford
5 Embiid

I do think the 6ers team would look great with CP3. But I'm not sure how you make that happen. No one is trading Simmons for a 35 year old on $40m a year. The Bucks play with Giannis at 4 with the freedom to do what he wants and Lopez at 5 with good shooters outside so that's an option of sorts with Embiid and Simmons.

Korkmaz not showing superstar potential was definitely not on the list of things I thought people would be complaining about!

I won't go early on Furkan but Korkmaz was great against the Bulls (30 points) and backed it up with some important points off the bench in today's w against the Nicks. Inspired signing

I won't go early on Furkan but Korkmaz was great against the Bulls (30 points) and backed it up with some important points off the bench in today's w against the Nicks. Inspired signing
Pop that Kork.

giphy.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Back