The Philadelphia Experiment - Maxey Better Sadly

Remove this Banner Ad

Aye, even if he thought Porzingis was the better player, he like everyone else, thought Okafor would have the more immediate trade value. And I find it hard to criticise Hinkie for Okafor's trade value now, when they pushed him in April. A trade during the draft, might have happened where he could of at least broken even on value from Okafor's solid yet unremarkable rookie year. Much in the same way he took MCW and traded him a year later, even though you'll still hear people criticising that trade.

Nerlens was probably the correct choice, it wasn't a great draft either. , but to say he is outperforming wiggins is a bit ridiculous IMO.. Wings and guards are far more valuable than centres in today's NBA. Especially guys that can create offence.. Minnesota would laugh us out of the room if we offered nerlens for wiggins.. Nerlens still hasn't been able to improve on offence nearly as much as we would like which could be attributed to development coaches etc..

Cs4raaHXYAU0m4F.jpg:large

Wiggins has been immeasurably helped by playing alongside KAT. The most noticeable player Nerlens has played with...Okafor?

He didn't knock it out of the park, but he did well enough in context. The literal end result if he made the picks that we'd desire in hindsight, would of made him the perfect GM, which is an unreasonable expectation. It also means this whole thing plays out differently, and I'm pretty cool with Embiid, Simmons & Fultz/Jackson/Ball running the show for the next 10 years, which is what he gave us.

Nerlens ain't happy with only getting 8 minutes tonight, and so he should be.

Why not try Noel+Biid twin towers instead of Jah? At least that way we won't get embarrassed by Nance Jr on the boards like we did tonight. Nance had as many rebounds as Embiid and Jah combined...

There's no combination of them that's going to work. Nerlens is right, it's a no win situation tho, if Brett does what he should do and only plays one of them at a time that's Embiids 28mins with 20 left to be shared by Jah/Nerlens then a segment of people are up in arms about that, if you try to give one of them more mins by playing a combination of them it's a disaster on the floor and one still gets left out anyway like what happened with Nerlens.

The simplest thing is one has to be moved, it would be an even bigger disaster if Ben was healthy. It'll get sorted tho, not much need to go wild over it imo.

I'm more salty it's cut into Darios time just as he was finding a groove at the 4. He's not a 3 in the NBA.

One of the things I didn't like about Hinkie was he hung Brett out to dry as far as media stuff went. The change of management was supposed to change that with Bryan supposedly being more of a guy who spoke to the press but I can't remember the last time we've heard from him, I don't have much doubt that behind the scenes he's working to get something done but he has to come out and wear a bit of it too.

Any gleam on Bryan is fading pretty quickly. He hedged his bets on draft night, but has seen a decrease in value in his two bigs ever since. Signed Bayless to a 3 year deal only to see that first year - which was the most important year given the 2017 draft - become a wash. Traded for Illyasova who still has no long term value on this team... Talking to the media - I think it would almost be guaranteed that if Hinkie was still in the job we'd be getting more out of him than we've got from Bryan so far.

It was easily the most frustrated I've been watching a Sixers game in some years and that's saying something. Okafor and Embiid was/is never going to work. I don't say it as a complete knock on Okafor because as a player he has value, but on this team it's limited - especially in a starting lineup. Embiid looks like just another NBA player along side him.
Noel playing 8 is ******* ridiculous. My only concern is how many minutes does he want, is he cool with coming off the bench? There's 25 minutes there for him - including some time with him and Joel when the situation warrants it. If he's content with that, trade Jah now. Sign Nerlens to the max, see how it plays for a few years - we can afford it - and cut loose if need be.

Noel playing 8 is ******* ridiculous. My only concern is how many minutes does he want, is he cool with coming off the bench? There's 25 minutes there for him - including some time with him and Joel when the situation warrants it. If he's content with that, trade Jah now. Sign Nerlens to the max, see how it plays for a few years - we can afford it - and cut loose if need be.
That's what I come back to, even if they move Jah how likely is it that Nerlens is cool with 20mins? The more time that passes the less likely it seems that he'd be cool with that, paying him is w/e, we can afford it but if he's still going to be happy playing behind Embiid is prob just best to move him. Unfortunately I don't think Holmes' defense is good enough to move both Jah and Nerlens in the near future so I think you just move Nerlens, have Jah back up Embiid and go from there.

That's what I come back to, even if they move Jah how likely is it that Nerlens is cool with 20mins? The more time that passes the less likely it seems that he'd be cool with that, paying him is w/e, we can afford it but if he's still going to be happy playing behind Embiid is prob just best to move him. Unfortunately I don't think Holmes' defense is good enough to move both Jah and Nerlens in the near future so I think you just move Nerlens, have Jah back up Embiid and go from there.

Part of me also thinks * it, if Nerlens is unhappy. Unless he is kicking and screaming for a trade after a max deal, I would still rather take on the task of 'managing' him over keeping Okafor. And if he is kicking and screaming, I think our future picks would compensate to some degree our losses in a trade.

Jo jo has a better true shooting % than KP and KAT!! What a game from the big fella yesterday although don't go jumping in to the stands too often! His passing has improved so much, it's astonishing and his TO rate is down dramatically..

What a player we have on our hands

What an exciting position In the draft we could see this offseason.. currently the lakers pick is in the 7 zone as well as as our potential top 3 pick.. The depth and diversity of this draft could really set us up roster wise for an amazing long term outlook..

These are some of my preferences from the prospects so far:
1: Markelle Fultz PG
The do it everything lead guard.. can shoot from 3 and pull up from midrange very effectively.. Reminds me of Damian Lillard, this kid plays so smooth and in control it's insane
2: Lonzo Ball PG
Insane IQ and a run and gun style PG that has amazing vision.. Pairing him with simmons would give us 2 generational type passers and be like showtime 2.0. Questions on his mechanics of his 3, although if he hits them then who cares
3: Malik Monk PG
Kentucky 6'3 combo guard that can shoot the lights out.. reminds me of JR Smith in that catch and shoot, one dribble hesitation moves. Dropped 47 on North Carolina with 8 3's, the stroke is real and would give much needed floor spacing for Sim Biid.

Some other prospects that could be in our range are Jayson Tatum and Josh Jackson.. I am not really a fan of either for our side due to fit.. Tatum a ISO scorer with unproven range, Jackson not a great shooter and his best skills may overlap with Simmons..

Other guys I like are Dennis Smith JR an athletic PNR PG but can't hit from 3. Jonathan Isaac is a 6'10 SF that is athletic and has range. A wildcard would be Lauri Markannen from Arizona. A 7'0 euro with extreme stretch shooting ability.. Looks to be able to move his feet well on defence also.. imagine a lineup with Simmons 6'10, Stretch 4 in Markannen 7'0 and do it all 7'2 Embiid..

Isaac and Markannen are probably in our lakers pick range for what it's worth

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nerlens getting a standing O in Philadelphia, despite what he's said to the media is telling.

Embiid's comments after the game might legitimately change the course of action.

So against everything Colangelo and Brown have done/said these last few days. If their franchise player tells it like it is, a rethink is the very least they could do.

What an exciting position In the draft we could see this offseason.. currently the lakers pick is in the 7 zone as well as as our potential top 3 pick.. The depth and diversity of this draft could really set us up roster wise for an amazing long term outlook..

These are some of my preferences from the prospects so far:
1: Markelle Fultz PG
The do it everything lead guard.. can shoot from 3 and pull up from midrange very effectively.. Reminds me of Damian Lillard, this kid plays so smooth and in control it's insane
2: Lonzo Ball PG
Insane IQ and a run and gun style PG that has amazing vision.. Pairing him with simmons would give us 2 generational type passers and be like showtime 2.0. Questions on his mechanics of his 3, although if he hits them then who cares
3: Malik Monk PG
Kentucky 6'3 combo guard that can shoot the lights out.. reminds me of JR Smith in that catch and shoot, one dribble hesitation moves. Dropped 47 on North Carolina with 8 3's, the stroke is real and would give much needed floor spacing for Sim Biid.

Some other prospects that could be in our range are Jayson Tatum and Josh Jackson.. I am not really a fan of either for our side due to fit.. Tatum a ISO scorer with unproven range, Jackson not a great shooter and his best skills may overlap with Simmons..

Other guys I like are Dennis Smith JR an athletic PNR PG but can't hit from 3. Jonathan Isaac is a 6'10 SF that is athletic and has range. A wildcard would be Lauri Markannen from Arizona. A 7'0 euro with extreme stretch shooting ability.. Looks to be able to move his feet well on defence also.. imagine a lineup with Simmons 6'10, Stretch 4 in Markannen 7'0 and do it all 7'2 Embiid..

Isaac and Markannen are probably in our lakers pick range for what it's worth

Ntilikina will enter the conversation soon enough. Ballin in U18 Euro play at the moment, not getting much time with his French team but is efficient when he's been on the court.

Not in love with Monk just yet, and would be real hesitant to take him with our own pick (Lakers pick without question). Fultz is the best player in the draft but if you told me two years ago that we'd go back to back w/ no.1 picks and use them to take players that didn't lead their team to the tourney, I'd be hella confused.

I take Jackson on defensive prowess alone. Play him at the 3, hope his 3 pt shot improves and watch the most exhilarating front court in the NBA. More or less with Tatum too, not really concerned with the fit with Simmons for either but would still want to grab your traditional pg. Issac might end up being my favourite out of this draft

We really lucked out with this Lakers pick. Disappointed when it didn't convert in the last two, but damn this is the perfect draft for it to land in. Having two top 8 picks in this draft would be insane.

Ntilikina will enter the conversation soon enough. Ballin in U18 Euro play at the moment, not getting much time with his French team but is efficient when he's been on the court.

Not in love with Monk just yet, and would be real hesitant to take him with our own pick (Lakers pick without question). Fultz is the best player in the draft but if you told me two years ago that we'd go back to back w/ no.1 picks and use them to take players that didn't lead their team to the tourney, I'd be hella confused.

I take Jackson on defensive prowess alone. Play him at the 3, hope his 3 pt shot improves and watch the most exhilarating front court in the NBA. More or less with Tatum too, not really concerned with the fit with Simmons for either but would still want to grab your traditional pg. Issac might end up being my favourite out of this draft

We really lucked out with this Lakers pick. Disappointed when it didn't convert in the last two, but damn this is the perfect draft for it to land in. Having two top 8 picks in this draft would be insane.
I just am worried about Jackson fit with this team.. if he can't shoot from deep than he is just an athletic transition player that can defend.. these things are valuable but we still need to find guys that can knock down shots..

Has anyone seen the 7'6 kid from UCF.. I have never seen anyone that big playing he makes the rest of the guys look like babies.. Taco Fall great name and apparently could still be growing.. Will be fun to see how he goes if he gets drafted I love those massive Giants

I'd love to see a line up of...

PG: Sauce
SG: TLC
SF: Roco
PF: Simmons
C: Embid

... get a decent amount of run when Simmons debuts, it should be the template for how you build around those two guys.
I really enjoyed the way TLC moved his feet on D. Was sliding well and keeping lavine in front of him.. signs are looking very positive from him and would love him to get extended burn whilst Henderson is out.. Wings are so coveted that can defend on the perimeter and knock down a shot.. if he can shoot the 3 well to add to his already developed cutting game than he could turn into a long term piece.. when simmons returns I imagine TLC getting plenty of backdoor cuts and he has the hops to finish in traffic..

TJ has to be given credit tho for running the offence a lot cleaner the last few games.. I kinda think we should just give TJ and TLC solid mins even when we get the backcourt healthy..

Bob cov defence was exceptional on wiggins forcing plenty of contested 2's.. what a hinkie special

He wouldn't be on the team come next season, but a 10 day contract on Barber when TJ is playing well as a starter, Sergio about to come back and a probable Simmons debut sometime this month seems pretty irrelevant. Doubt a trade is in the works, but they probably will sign someone...I'd rather of just kept the OG.

T.J McConnell, 17 assists.

'Trust the Process' chants at the Garden.

18 points allowed in the paint

All these things are the equivalent of taking a drag after sex.

Ersan 4-14 from three, is the opposite of that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back