The Philadelphia Experiment - Maxey Better Sadly

Remove this Banner Ad

Havn't paid a ton of attention to upcoming prospects yet but have become super interested in Lauri Markkanen who's playing at Arizona, 7ft PF from Finland who's a lights out shooter, great FT shooter, great co-ordination when dribbling but seemingly is a pretty meh defender but think he'd be a tremendous pairing with Embiid and Simmons. The obvious comparison is to guys like Porzingis/Bender. If we had two top 8 picks and could get someone like Monk/Markkanen it would be pretty sweet.

Can he play d? Seems not very explosive.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Is everyone ok with this? Not gonna lie, Okafor could work out well with Davis. From our perspective the 2018 looks no way near as good as 2017 and who knows where the Pelicans are gonna end up. I'd still take this deal, Okafor is a good guy but we just need him out of here ASAP.

Is everyone ok with this? Not gonna lie, Okafor could work out well with Davis. From our perspective the 2018 looks no way near as good as 2017 and who knows where the Pelicans are gonna end up. I'd still take this deal, Okafor is a good guy but we just need him out of here ASAP.
I'm fine with it, gotta just take what you can get and move on. At worst it can always be moved next season in a deal, moving him is almost more important than the return for him at this point.

I'm fine with it, gotta just take what you can get and move on. At worst it can always be moved next season in a deal, moving him is almost more important than the return for him at this point.
We can't get greedy.. I think if we can land a pick 12-20 range in a draft I would be fine.. or a rotation wing off the bench..

Simmons must be getting close! surely only a week or so away cannot beliieve we have waited this long

We can't get greedy.. I think if we can land a pick 12-20 range in a draft I would be fine.. or a rotation wing off the bench..

Simmons must be getting close! surely only a week or so away cannot beliieve we have waited this long
Agree on the Okafor thing, any pick in or just outside the lottery is about as good as it gets. They have a home game right after the all star break so a lot people think he might debut then, would make a lot of sense and I hope it's the case because while I don't really mind them taking it slow with him you want to see how he does work as a primary ball handler and how does he fit with Embiid/how is he on defense guarding 4s and 3s to give a better idea on how to improve the team via the draft/free agency/trade during the off season.

Colangelo has bungled Embiid/Simmons' injury news, timetable and Okafor's trade and yet we're only 4.5 games out of the 8th seed. ******* insane.

Colangelo has bungled Embiid/Simmons' injury news, timetable and Okafor's trade and yet we're only 4.5 games out of the 8th seed. ******* insane.
Considering they were 7 - 24 at one point, going 14 - 10 in the last 24 is a pretty incredible turnaround. The front office continues to be scummy and it's very annoying, don't have much doubt Ben could be playing right now, thank * they havn't managed to find a way to fire Brett.

be sick if phila could get josh jackson. simmons/jackson/noel/embiid is pretty legit. need to fill the remaining slots with vets though.

He's got a torn meniscus though?
Yeah just joking... didnt look injured at the Meek concert though :D

The fact that Okafor got pulled out of 2 games because of trade negotiation and has now returned to be with the team in Boston tomorrow is just embarrassing. Other GMs could be laughing at this.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Simmons getting a further scan on Monday as the foot may not be fully healed.. I doubt we see him this year TBH

We are an absolute mess in terms of PR and communicating with fans.. it's beyond stupid and the Jah hold out/no trade was one of the most bizarre circumstances you will see in professional sports..

In good news the homie has been balling!! We just need to get all our players out on the court building chemistry and the future is bright.. The good part of these injuries has been the development of Saric TJ Covington. These guys starting to show their worth as role players that could give us quite a deep rotation when all the bodies are back..

I think unfortunately embiid really is going to be a 32 minute 65 game proposition so we need handy guys that can fill in and keep us rolling.. the best part about embiid will be in playoffs, no back to backs and can go for broke and shred.. pray he stays relatively in tact!

I would accept a top 55 protected 2nd and cash considerations for okafor at this point!!

Man I hope the lakers get no lottery luck this year.. just seems magic gets the luck and they keep the pick..

It's hard to root again Magic he is such a likeable personality I hope he proves that tweet history wrong (as long as we get a juicy pick quick!!)

Man I hope the lakers get no lottery luck this year.. just seems magic gets the luck and they keep the pick..

It's hard to root again Magic he is such a likeable personality I hope he proves that tweet history wrong (as long as we get a juicy pick quick!!)
It's not the worst thing to have it not convey this year, that unprotected plus the 2019 Kings unprotected (was great anyway but now no Cousins) would be super valuable if a star became available.

Philly lose a young quality Center Nerlens Noel & give up a little cash to buy out the remainder of Bogut's contract.

Philly gain 2 second round draft picks and a Dallas bench player Justin Anderson 30% 3pt 6.5 pts per game

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back