The Philadelphia Experiment - Maxey Better Sadly

Remove this Banner Ad

Maxey or Harden will handle the ball at all times. Even Doc can't stuff that up.

Buyout market will hopefully net a Drummond replacement. Give Isaiah Joe some more burn.

30 games is not a lot to develop chemistry, but they've got a foundation to go far. Harden opting in is actually huge, and means Morey doesn't need to rush into giving him the bag.
If Doc still runs all bench line ups i am going to ******* lose my mind

Of course he will. That’s what he does.
Read an interview today that he is going to work on pairings with Tobias, Harden, Embiid and Maxey. Sounds like he will try to ensure we have 2 on the court at all times.

Sounds like someone finally got through to him.

Am absolutely chuckling watching delusional Nets fans say the exact same stuff Sixers have said re:25 for the last few years

"he doesn't need to shoot"
"<insert shooters name here> will be good for him and get him shooting"
"but he does so much more"

Etc etc

And while he is obviously a very talented player, if he continues to run from his flaws rather than actually facing up and improving them he'll be the same liability late in games and in play off's he'd become for us

Am absolutely chuckling watching delusional Nets fans say the exact same stuff Sixers have said re:25 for the last few years

"he doesn't need to shoot"
"<insert shooters name here> will be good for him and get him shooting"
"but he does so much more"

Etc etc

And while he is obviously a very talented player, if he continues to run from his flaws rather than actually facing up and improving them he'll be the same liability late in games and in play off's he'd become for us
Yeah I would love to find out that Ben has spent these months working on his game and he is about to come out as a new improved version, he was the reason I fell back in love with basketball buuuuuuuuuuut everything we have seen suggests that is unlikely.

The people claiming the situation is perfect because he doesn’t need to score on the nets, just play make and defend fail to realise in the 4th quarter of play off series he will still be unplayable if he can’t hit free throws and refuses to attack the rim. Hack a Ben comes out and he will need to be benched or be a liability.

Also seen a lot of people claim that he can be a good stretch 5, the defensive numbers when he was at the 5 were not good at all.

He can work for them but at the end of the day that team is only going to go as far as KD and to a lesser extend Kyrie takes them.

Think the most telling quote BS has ever said on his shooting was something along the lines off 'I don't want to be a 30% shooter, I want to be shooting at 40%'

Sounds noble, till you unpack it just a little to realise how fundamentally crazy that sounds.

Maxey was shooting at 30% from beyond in his rookie year. He's now going at 40% with double the amount of shots. That's improvement in one summer that we didn't see from BS in four.

But I'm tired of having to wade into the BS discourse anymore. He was a very good yet very frustrating player to root for (and defend) in his time here. Brett Brown challenged him and it made no impact. Doc Rivers coddled him and he shut down completely.

He's someone else's problem now.

The people claiming the situation is perfect because he doesn’t need to score on the nets, just play make and defend fail to realise in the 4th quarter of play off series he will still be unplayable if he can’t hit free throws and refuses to attack the rim. Hack a Ben comes out and he will need to be benched or be a liability.
This is the key for me. Not taking the 3 or the midrange is a problem (maybe less so with the Nets) but he needs to be reliable from the FT line - mid 60's minimum.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Move over Doc.

But gotta wonder why this isn't being barked at Niang all the time. Hate every time he does something that's not in his bag.

Need Harden to get in Tobias' ear as well.

Drama This Is Gonna Be Good GIF

Usual disclaimer in that we're still absolutely in the honeymoon period.

But genuinely can't believe how easy Embiid and Harden are making it look. Don't think any non-Sixers fan could appreciate the almost blandness of an open Embiid rolling to the rim simply because Harden's defenders have to respect him scoring from anywhere on the floor.

Thursday is gonna be fun.

Based on matchups, season history, Doc and DJ...don't think I expect this team to get past the Raps.

But they do have the top-end talent to win. Gonna take a lot out of them, Harden has to relieve the offensive pressure off of Embiid. Will blow a gasket if Doc even attempts to give DJ a run.

Would consider getting out of the first a pass grade too. And if they lose, Doc is almost certainly gone so win-win??

Based on matchups, season history, Doc and DJ...don't think I expect this team to get past the Raps.

But they do have the top-end talent to win. Gonna take a lot out of them, Harden has to relieve the offensive pressure off of Embiid. Will blow a gasket if Doc even attempts to give DJ a run.

Would consider getting out of the first a pass grade too. And if they lose, Doc is almost certainly gone so win-win??
Doc will 100% play DJ and often... so prepare to have your gasket blown

Doc will 100% play DJ and often... so prepare to have your gasket blown
Colour me surprised

Also how's about that big fella... Shhhhhheeessshhhh

oof :(

Going to need Harden to become the player we traded him in to be

oof :(

Going to need Harden to become the player we traded him in to be
On the offense yes, big gaping hole in defense particularly on the inside though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back