The Philadelphia Experiment - Maxey Better Sadly

Remove this Banner Ad

On the offense yes, big gaping hole in defense particularly on the inside though.
I'd like to snag at least 1 game but our C cupboard is bare. Deandre? Reed? Someone going to need to stand up

I'd like to snag at least 1 game but our C cupboard is bare. Deandre? Reed? Someone going to need to stand up
Bam will feast on the inside - Matisse may have some effectiveness but I can see him getting into foul trouble very very quickly. Plus if Harden defends like a witches hat like he did during the series, all Jimmy and Bam will do is blow past into the paint.

Cute, but wondering about matchups in an Embiidless series is unnecessary.

Best they can hope for is to maybe steal a game like they did when they last played the Heat a month ago with no Embiid or Harden and hope Jo returns by Game 3.

I'll be pining for Bassey minutes. The best rim protector on the team, though this is an impossibly tough situation to put him in.

Absolutely cursed to be staying up to see if Morey speaks, but some random, mostly irrational, thoughts plucked from like 10 different group chats cause covid keeping me friggin restless.

• Series was lost after the elbow. He never looked right on offense, and despite the tease the odds were stacked against them.
  • Not interested in criticism of Jo's play. Had an all-time season, had to deal with all the bullshit (as did the whole team) and despite the dumbass MVP narrative, this team would be a dumpster fire without him.
  • Still, 3 out of 4 2nd round playoff series' where he's battling an injury. He and the team need to do better in that regard, can't keep going like this.
  • Prediction: Maxey is an All-Star next season. 21/4.3/5.1 on 61% TS for the playoffs. He is as legit as they come.
  • Morey needs to actually take charge of this roster, and leave the hangers on behind. Find some wings, stop wasting roster spots on centers who will never play, get more rebounding, get tougher, play the young guys.
  • Starts with getting rid of Doc. Man has no appetite to develop players, cannot gameplay on the fly, wants to be proven right by doing things his way and only his way. Listening to Morey speak right now and he says he'll be back which smh but also I wasn't expecting an immediate firing (don't think it'll even be a firing). We'll see but there's not going to be a lot of confidence on my end if Doc is still coach come training camp.

Bottom line, this team had three iterations:
1. No Simmons, learning to play without their primary playmaker for the past four seasons and not replacing him with anything.​
2. Overcome that to be one of the best teams in the league.​
3. Make a huge trade that changed everything and only get 20 games together before playoffs.​

It's why I'm not that concerned about bringing him back, unless it's for the max which I don't think will happen. Embiid, Maxey, Harden with a full training camp of learning to play with each other is going to make them better...regardless of where you think Jim is at in his career. That itself is better than 75% of the league. Get the right pieces around them, get the right coach and maybe they take the leap...maybe.

Nah makes no sense for Philly

Fox is a pretty poor shooter and Mitchell would be unplayable alongside Thybulle.

With the emergence of Maxey The Sixers have very little need for Fox, only way he should be involved in a trade to for Ben is if it is to a 3rd party.

I could see bul-y being a key player for the sixers (?)

IMHO the 1-5 looks clear with Jimmy maxey harris. Tucker embiid. Very solid and balanced.

That said 6moty could be bully if he shoots a bit better

Melton and Harrell round out a good 8 man rotation.

Have no takes so far other than the regular season does not matter to this team (aside from getting healthy).

But gotta shoutout Tobias, who has been terrific and totally bought into his role. 5.5 3pa at 40% is such a massive jump. Still a clunky player at times, but this is easily the best he’s been for us and don’t see any trade involving him that makes the team better.

How good was this morning... I cracked the shits at half time and went for a run, got back and it was game on haha.

Bloody hell what a statement by the big fella, I'm glad Jokic is good as passing cos he damn sure couldn't do s**t to stop Jo.

Some good grit shown a few times this season when we have looked down and out, not sure what to expect near the trade deadline and if we really can make any moves but a minor tweak here or there and we could be faves.. Just getting contributions from everyone bar Trez 😂
Even Tucker 2nd half was fantastic today

Some good grit shown a few times this season when we have looked down and out, not sure what to expect near the trade deadline and if we really can make any moves but a minor tweak here or there and we could be faves.. Just getting contributions from everyone bar Trez 😂
Even Tucker 2nd half was fantastic today

Yeah, think the only major decision is what happens to Thybulle and more in the sense that they'd rather get something for him now because they aren't going to pay him in the summer. More pro Matisse than anti but if the return nets us a plus defender that can hang offensively ala Jae Crowder, I'm for it.

I am pleading with Doc to play BBall before Trez, but if a Drummond return is possible...even though I don't trust it much more than Trez in playoffs, I would be open to it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This team is a different side to previous seasons... I had a gut feel all game we'd win that still, despite us not really being close and then boom we close and get it done, albeit from the best player in the league hitting that shot late. 😍

Did not expect to watch these young'ns play, let alone beat Atlanta but it's cold af and I love Jaden Springer.

Big couple of nights for him. It's probably a case of 'things have gone wrong' if he plays meaningful minutes in the playoffs but absolutely want him here next season, and if that three-ball is real then he could be a pretty special player.

53 wins - most in the Embiid era (better win % in the shortened 20/21).

Nets will be hectic, but this shouldn't be anything more than a gentlemen sweep.

School of thought that they'd be better off with Celtics winning today, to give Jo more rest between Games 2 & 3.

But I prefer this outcome, give him 2 more days to get close to full health, virtually no rest for the other team if it goes to Game 7, and still gives hope to Atlanta coming through.

Think Jo might sit Game 2 at any rate, so coming out to try and steal Game 1 will be huge.

How times change. Removing Ben has been great!
Was never in doubt, anyone with half a brain could see Ben hadn't been thrown under the bus :tearsofjoy:

How times change. Removing Ben has been great!

Pete please.

Thank you for bringing back an all-time terrible post but please don't mistake that for thinking that Sixers fans thought that Embiid was in the wrong there, aside from daniel son.

Though in some ways daniel son was on to something. Jo should have thrown that guy under the bus, he just shoulda done it much much earlier.

Pete please.

Thank you for bringing back an all-time terrible post but please don't mistake that for thinking that Sixers fans thought that Embiid was in the wrong there, aside from daniel son.

Though in some ways daniel son was on to something. Jo should have thrown that guy under the bus, he just shoulda done it much much earlier.
yes i know!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back