The Philadelphia Experiment - Maxey Better Sadly

Remove this Banner Ad

Animated GIF

Imagine a team afraid to play infront of its home fans.

If we lose game 7 and doc is still our coach with Elton brand making calls I’m out.

Doc gone
Harris gone
Harden gone
Tucker gone
Niang gone

See y’all next season.
Tucker is on a 3 year deal so we'll see with that one.
Tobi can go, I expect Doc to get the arse and to be completely honest I don't want Harden locked to a huge deal for a long time at his age so will be very interesting to see how it all unfolds and what happens.

Is the city of brotherly love still blaming Ben Simmons for only scoring 10 points in a whole quarter?
No , we're blaming him for being a selfish cnt who has no offensive ability and more interest in instagram models than the training court.

Also, personally, I blame him for never being even basic enough to set foot in this country, let alone deign to play for Australia, without a guaranteed $1m per game.

Selfish spoilt kids get selfish prizes. Karma burns Ben's pathetic beard.

Also, F Adam Silver, the Colangelo "get a new slant" family, the Fultz trade and the freakin Mikal Bridges trade.

This franchise needs old school Moses Malone to run the trade and draft scheme.

Harden's last 3 4th quarters, and Doc Rivers' abysmal in game coaching, just round out the dumpster fire of pre-planned shizenhousenzen that we set ourselves up for when we kept Brett Brown, moved Butler and JJ on for zero return, and locked in Horford and Toby Harris. Only remote chance is we get Monty Williams in, Harris restructures and we get some combo of Bridges/LeVert/Kuzma/Oubre.

We won't make the East finals while I am alive.
I was so lucky to get to see all of Wilt, DrJ, Moses and AI, if only I had realised we would be downhill after AI.
An embarrassment to Hinkie's plans, the old school multi generational basketball history of the Philly high schools and the great talent in basketball from Philly.

Hopefully Jimmy B wins it this year, or the Lakers. * Boston.

Feel pretty level headed about it now tbh.

In as much to say that I don't think I'll be caring or watching much of the regular season next year.

With or without Harden they'll be a playoff team but after that it's a matter of where Embiid will take them.

If the 76ers don't extend Maxey there is literally no move they can make that will make up for it.

It makes cap sense to do his deal next summer, and if they end up trading Harden/Harris for an actual piece with multiple years left on a contract they can still extend him before the season starts.

But weird free agency so far. Pat Bev for the min is fine. Would not have paid Niang that much. Shake would have been useful if Harden isn't coming back. McDaniels went for cheap even though he seems like the prototypical player.

Familiar holding pattern with Morey, but this time I don't think something great is just going to fall into his lap. Fine with a gap year, but he best communicate that to the big fella.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As frustrating as basically my whole entire time following NBA and the Sixers has been (since Ben was drafted lol) I must say Maxey is an absolute delight and helps make me smile

As frustrating as basically my whole entire time following NBA and the Sixers has been (since Ben was drafted lol) I must say Maxey is an absolute delight and helps make me smile
Yes, so much this, his enthusiasim, hard work ethic and just ability to play at so many different speeds is such a unique and refreshig skillset. Shows little signs of beiung up himself or self important, and not a diva at all - such a refreshing change from all the drama!! AND he turns 23 in like a week, so much development potential to come.

Quietly impressed with Nick Nurse as well, coaching a proper game plan is such a change from Brett and Doc, not perfect yet but if he can get them to this point in his first 3 months imagine where it could be after a full 2 years?

Also Morey has done really well getting Oubre in at such a cheap contract, he seems to be responding really well to the Nurse game plan. If we can get healthy and get a few moderate pieces for Harden we might be better than many thought. Need to get PJ and Melton off the starting 5 ASAP, really need two decent mid tier players to replace them in the starting 5.

Also how good is BBaulPaul, and Tobias is such an under-rated consistent performer - everyone focuses on the $ in his contract and forgets how he turns up and plays night after night.

The Philadelphia 76ers on Monday agreed to trade Harden, P.J. Tucker and Filip Petrušev to the LA Clippers in exchange for Nicolas Batum, Robert Covington, Kenyon Martin Jr., Marcus Morris.

The Clippers are also sending the Sixers a 2028 unprotected first-round pick, two second-round picks and a pick swap. The Clippers are also routing the 76ers an additional future first-round pick from a third team.

So we get out of Tucker's contract, Harden off the disruption train, and get two firsts, two seconds and serviceable backups in RoCo and Morris? Something tells me there might be another trade coming to turn the picks and cap space into a star player - but even if this is it, not a bad result in freeing up cap space and getting multiple decent picks.

Now over to the Nurse Neutron Navigational Network to get the best out of Maxey, Oubre, Tobi and Embiiiiiiiii.

Think it's a good trade for the sixers considering the current situation. They obviously didn't want another simmons like distraction to linger around, especially since they're in a win now mode with Embiid. Surely they work another trade to get another star,

Think it's a good trade for the sixers considering the current situation. They obviously didn't want another simmons like distraction to linger around, especially since they're in a win now mode with Embiid. Surely they work another trade to get another star,
I think Maxey playing at his current level is huge for them. Modern NBA you need a 2nd star to be a true contender, he is showing he can be that which allows them a lot more flexibility. They don’t need to hunt for another star, they can just chase elite level role players and I think that works with the current roster. No more having guys like PJ Tucker, Thybulle, Niang etc expected to be major contributors.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back