dmac_55

Club Legend
Jun 17, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Dallas Cowboys
Man if we could get josh hart that would be perfect in the second round somehow.. a local Villanova kid that was a polished 3 or 4 year college player.. usually I am against these type of talents but the stats guys still rate him.. Kevin Pelton over at ESPN has him ranked 9th in terms of statistical projection and age is included in that projection..

Historically a lot of the better finds Late have had a great statistical projection but scouts have downgraded them and they can become steals..

cannot

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 30, 2016
^^ ""Flat World Champions".
AFL Club
Richmond
Any links with the Redick stuff? Seen it bandied about a bit, and he makes sense but havn't seen anything more than the Sixers having interest.

DC4WMC4XcAA6bUD.jpg

I don't mind taking a shot on a more polished 3/4 year lower ceiling guy now that we have a pretty decent roster and don't need to take as many long shots.

i assume they look at 3 point shooters with those 76 2nd round draft picks?

Mar 26, 2008
Fight Club
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
76ers, Storm, Broad St.
Kind of half expect if Monk falls to like 10 for Sac, Colangelo's going to be on the phone. The cost of that though is something I don't want to think about.

if Hart's there with one of our seconds, I doubt he'd pass up on him.

Really want Sterling Brown. Next to Simmons or Fultz he could be deadly. Wish Derrick White was a better long range shooter, but he's in the mix.

Thornwell as a defensive 3&D is something. I don't really see a pressing need to go after a pure PG but Jawun Evans is probably the guy you get.

Okafor seems like such a footnote in the development of this team that its hard to imagine he won't be dealt.

Mar 26, 2008
Fight Club
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
76ers, Storm, Broad St.
Also, it's almost pathetic looking at certain around teams subs like the Magic and seeing how they're discussing the draft and off-season with almost no hope, guess that's what you get for having all that pride and doing things "the right way"

The more perplexing team is Minnesota, who I like a lot and want to be good, but when they get praised by the anti-Process crowd when they won 3 more games than us last season w/ a healthy Towns and Wiggins, makes you wonder if they know what the * they're talking about.

dmac_55

Club Legend
Jun 17, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Dallas Cowboys
The more perplexing team is Minnesota, who I like a lot and want to be good, but when they get praised by the anti-Process crowd when they won 3 more games than us last season w/ a healthy Towns and Wiggins, makes you wonder if they know what the **** they're talking about.
Absolutely.. cannot believe the circle jerk for Minnesota.. Dunn is a 23 YO that looked horrid in his rookie year.. Towns and wiggins played like 81 games and were top 10 in minutes played.. we got 31 games from Jo Jo and were relying on undrafted FA and D league guys for mins..

Really thought thibs was going to make an immediate impact especially after Mitchell.. turns out it takes longer to install defence and his constant yelling of ice at wiggins and lavine on every PNR was hilarious.. They might have Towns and not much else if wiggins can't get his s**t together.. defensive liabilities all over that team and I don't trust towns D yet either..

On Jah, I was thinking of proposals.. could we get Danny Green for him if reportedly on the block? Pop reclamation project? I would trade Jah for anything with a pulse so green will do

Feb 13, 2007
Not practice
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Sam Hinkie
The more perplexing team is Minnesota, who I like a lot and want to be good, but when they get praised by the anti-Process crowd when they won 3 more games than us last season w/ a healthy Towns and Wiggins, makes you wonder if they know what the **** they're talking about.
The one thing we have done the past couple of years is bring on a group of complementary players that would end up being useful in reduced roles when we did get talent, guys like TJ, RoCo, Sauce, Richaun and co have logged big mins the last couple of years and learnt to play with each other, I think we've done a much better job than the wolves of unearthing peripheral guys that fit in the system that can thrive in smaller roles and are willing to buy in to the system.

They've had pretty much 2 years of Towns/Wiggins/Lavine (obv missed Lavine for a bit but he's still played a big chunk) and others and don't have all seemed to figure out a coherent offense with them all that isn't my turn/your turn. Not to mention they don't seem too interested in defending. It's still a high talent level but they've gotta figure out how they're going to work together and not just be hugely talented guys. A problem we might end up having next season too when they all get on the court together.

dmac_55

Club Legend
Jun 17, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Dallas Cowboys
I am Hoping for some fireworks tomorrow.. hoping Boston screw this up somehow and take a shock at 3, hope Phil Jax drafts Lauri Markannen and I really hope Monk goes to a place where he can thrive.. love those players that are fearless scorers and ultimate heat check guys

Mar 26, 2008
Fight Club
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
76ers, Storm, Broad St.

Obvious, just wonder who they're targeting, and hope it's for a specific player and not just as means to move up to the 20s or shed some of those picks. Ferguson perhaps?

IronMike

All Australian
Jul 22, 2010
Locked up in Don King's basement.
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Collingwood
I didn't realise Kennard is actually a right hander who shoots with his left hand. He's ambidextrous like Simmon's is.

He's also one of the best College shooters, so his shooting success shuts up all the sceptics who say that Simmons will never improve his shot because they think he's actually a righty who shoots with the wrong hand.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mar 26, 2008
Fight Club
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
76ers, Storm, Broad St.
The Latvian is a solid stash.

Bolden is a good addition, probably prefer it he stayed in Serbia, but he'll have Summer League to show that he's worth a spot. I couldn't care less that he's Australian.

Don't really understand the incentive to trade Evans for cash and Brown for a future second? I do love both those guys, but you don't just hand em out for pennies.

Back