The Philadelphia Experiment - Maxey Better Sadly

Remove this Banner Ad

Korkmaz likely to come over according to BC.. I'm quite happy with bolden and the Lativian gang banger.. Roster spots are at a crunch tho ATM so it looks like they both will play in Europe again next year.. Are we running a feeder system, play in Europe then come back after a couple years if you are good!

We probably only have room for 1-2 free agents.. we really need to dump Jah to someone Basically for a roster spot because his value is nothing and we may be facing a crunch.. I want bolden playing on the roster in 2019..

Hinkie really did full proof this team.. sooo many prospects that we can roll through..

Exciting, but I'd rather err on the side of caution with that stuff. Though no minutes restrictions seems likely.

If the goal with Okafor is to play him, because better teammates will make him a better player, than that's just an extremely long way of doing something only to be back to where you started at the end of it.

This is dope

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/markelle-fultz-sixers-nba-draft/

Embiid's stats are pretty amazing in his 31 games last year considering he played under 25 minutes a game.

2016-17 Season
Pts 20.2 Reb 7.8 Blocks 2.5

Imagine if he can significantly improve his conditioning this off season. Personally still think Philly should keep Okafor this year until Embiid has played more than 40 games without injury. He has had three major injuries. Wouldn't mind if they played him 2 out of every three games at the start of the year and build him into the year. Okafor could then improve his trade value in the games Embiid was rested.

Embiid's stats are pretty amazing in his 31 games last year considering he played under 25 minutes a game.

2016-17 Season

Imagine if he can significantly improve his conditioning this off season. Personally still think Philly should keep Okafor this year until Embiid has played more than 40 games without injury. He has had three major injuries. Wouldn't mind if they played him 2 out of every three games at the start of the year and build him into the year. Okafor could then improve his trade value in the games Embiid was rested.

Embiid is one of my favs , I hate the lazy nature of centres lately were Howard/deandre jordan / Drummond are acceptable because they can jump but develop * all skills. We shouldn't be bailing guys like that with rule changes because they can't shoot. Rather watch a big guy with skills anyday.

Embiids rebounding numbers are way below what I would like , but I think that is a side effect of being a rim protector means sometimes not being set for the boards if Yu are challenging so many shots. Changing shots at the rim is more important as rebounding can be found in other spots on the floor and good rebounders are far more common as well. Embiids rebounding numbers will no doubt improve with minutes but still not close to what a guy with his size and skill should be getting but as I said rim protection is more important.

I hope and think that bolden plays next year. I think he is more nba ready than others just drafted and can play.

2016-17 Season

As much as I hate to say it, I kinda agree with keeping Okafor for awhile as insurance. At least until we're confident in Embiid's health.
His value can't possibly get any lower than it is right now, and if anything there's a chance it increases if he gets his s**t together(low chance I know).

The NBA game has moved away from the Okafor type centre. Okafor doesn't provide injury back up for Embiid. He's a black hole on offence, a poor defender and rebounder.

So Jonah TLC Fultz the key contributors.. listened to a podcast from Sixers bear today interviewing assistant coach who is in charge of player development.. few tidbits:

Fultz is working hard trying to understand things.. been working at the whiteboard a lot and watching video.. apparently very enthused to learn the intricacy of the offence and is quite sophisticated in this regard.. This is a big adjustment for rookies learning the lingo of the coaches and the basic sets that we run..

TLC has been in the gym bulking up. The coach loves his off ball movement and cutting which was evident last season.. He is working on his handle and creation with the ball.. this should be a big part of his development at summer league..

Bolden sounded like he is an athletic freak but is just struggling to learn the basics.. some of these guys take time to understand everything and he is a prime example.. however when some of the games get a bit 'looser' than he is really showing some juice and talent..

Also expected TLC to be vocal and take on a leadership role with the SL roster.. And apparently our new training facility is ridic, must be amazing considering simmons was grinding at 2:30am today there still!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The only 1-year contracts thing is surprising (if it happens). The type of player you'd get on that kind of a deal is pretty suspect but worth it to increase that future flexibility.

They're in a 'win-now' mode, relative to the Sixers. Which is really a solid strategy. I wouldn't expect JJ to re-sign after the one season, but what he could provide the young guys now will be pretty invaluable.

Signing also pours cold water on some of the truly terrible takes on this team over the last few years.

Fultz/Reddick/Covington/Simmons/Embiid
McConnell/Bayless/TLC/Saric/Holmes

Those lineups are super sexy. I don't how to fit Korkmaz in though. Probably spending a good chunk of time in Delaware. Anderson/Okafor the other questions...

Gotta extend Cov when the time comes.

The only 1-year contracts thing is surprising (if it happens). The type of player you'd get on that kind of a deal is pretty suspect but worth it to increase that future flexibility.

it almost a max contract and only for one year

smart move leaving money for embild, fultz, ben next contracts

Fultz/Reddick/Covington/Simmons/Embiid
McConnell/Bayless/TLC/Saric/Holmes

v nice

Only 1min in and Fultz already has 2 blocks(as well as 5 points, a 3 pointer and an assist).

Wasn't his defence supposed to be a weakness?
He always projected as a guy who can recover and use his athleticism to get up and block guys, but he got burned pretty hard that 1st position as the on ball defender so he had to come back and get the block.

He's such a smooth mover with the ball tho, gonna be super exciting to see him with Ben and JoJo

He always projected as a guy who can recover and use his athleticism to get up and block guys, but he got burned pretty hard that 1st position as the on ball defender so he had to come back and get the block.

He's such a smooth mover with the ball tho, gonna be super exciting to see him with Ben and JoJo

Yea his combo with Ben could be legendary. 1 of Fultz weakness's is probably fast transitions, where he sometimes goes too fast downhill and sometimes losses control. But that's Bens BIGGEST strength. People talk about how good Lonzo Ball is on transition, but Ben is on a whole another level IMO. He's a great rebounder as well, so I can already imagine him grabbing a rebound and then blitzing down the court with Fultz, Redick, Biid and Roco all rushing to corners n spreading the floor for him.

Then on slow half court plays (Not Bens strength), Fultz can work his magic with Pick n Rolls with Biid or Ben.

They cover for each others weakness's so well, and also amplify each others strengths. It should be epic.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back