The Philadelphia Experiment - Simmons: "I'm gonna run up off the…******* beanstalk"

Remove this Banner Ad

Lego23

Premium Gold
Aug 9, 2017
Tasmania
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Hurricanes, Panthers

Warsaw

Leviathan
Mar 26, 2008
Fight Club
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
76ers, Storm, Broad St.
They've got a packed schedule, with a tough road trip ahead. And Tobi might be out for longer than the mandated 10 days.

But there hasn't been much to not like to start the season so far, aside from the Brooklyn collapse. Bench is deep and great, Curry is en fuego, Maxey is getting better, Jo has been average offensively but has improved his passing and is anchoring the defense in a way that he hasn't (or had to) since his rookie year.

Last in pace but first in ORTG, TS% and FT%. All without a $33M blackhole on the roster.

Willo_

Trust the Process
Apr 27, 2010
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
76ers, Melbourne Roys
So far, just been really enjoying the ride. Seems to be a really good chemistry and vibe in the group, been really happy with Drummond and Niang as I mentioned earlier.
Tobi out for however long is a worry, especially with the Ben situation still no where near resolved

Lego23

Premium Gold
Aug 9, 2017
Tasmania
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Hurricanes, Panthers
I have seen a lot of people throw shade at Morey which is crazy, 18 months ago the Sixers were

'stuck' with an overpaid Tobias

Had an 'unmovable contract' in Horford

Had the disaster of a fit that was JRich

And just about nothing else with no cap space

He managed to get the best $/value player in the league in Seth, add a handy vet in Green, get off the Richardson and Horford deals without giving up significant assets. Added the best back up big the team had in Embiids time in Howard and upgraded him the following year with Drummond. Filled out the bench with handy role players/young prospects and is now winning games without Simmons and without Embiid carrying... Incredible.

Willo_

Trust the Process
Apr 27, 2010
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
76ers, Melbourne Roys
I'm sick of talking about Ben, BUT I'm a big fan of this... All we asked surely is for him to meet us in the middle, he's taking advantage of it basically doing what he wants on his terms to get his money... fu** him, fine him.. He comes to us and meets in the middle or he gets nothing, my mood on this obviously helped because we have started well so don't need to be in any rush

charcoalchicken

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 16, 2010
President of Terror Squad
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Arsenal
Sigh… I want to like him, I want to support him. He just doesn’t do himself any favours.
I think this is how the whole of Australia feels, he should have gone to the olympics and taken his mind off things, the reason he didn’t go was supposed to help him fix things, unfortunately it’s only made things worse

Scotland

TheBrownDog
May 5, 2006
AFL Club
West Coast
10-9 with Harris playing 11 and Embid 9.

Maxey has been awesome. I was a proponent of Simmons for CJ but I would be looking at what pieces the Kings have on the table.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad