The Philadelphia Experiment - Maxey Better Sadly

Mar 26, 2008
Fight Club
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
76ers, Storm, Broad St.
[NOTE: This was the original post for this thread, back when it first started. Then they pulled the plug out of Hinkie and subsequently pulled the plug out of that op. But now it's back even though its dated, because * it. Hinkie forever. Peace]

nilz5ryqgyirj8vd41vw.jpg

ATTENTION SIXERS FANS AND POTENTIAL BANDWAGON SUPPORTERS 3 YEARS FROM NOW

* You

But also welcome.

Here's a Sixers thread to discuss all matters in Hinkieology and other related activities.

If you're anti-Hinkie, then this is not the thread for you.

Kidding. But you should still get your head checked.

Lottery is just over three weeks away! aka our NBA Finals, so get excited or something.

They say a Vine is worth a thousand GIFs. So for a reference point, here's the mother of all Vines. We'll either be looking back at this gleefully saying its where it all started or be seeing each other at AA meetings. No more Doug Collins middle ground.

Play nice.

thank you Sam

Last edited:
Mar 26, 2008
Fight Club
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
76ers, Storm, Broad St.
And first bit of news, which is pure speculation and not at all stemmed from anything said by the Sixers camp is that Hinkie wants Russell.

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports...ve__Word_is_Sixers_want_D_Angelo_Russell.html

Russell would be nice however, though if talk of him being a top 2 pick is true then we need to get lucky with them ping pong balls.

Have a big board of Towns, Mudiay, Russell, Winslow, Heznoja, Okafor at present. Oh how I would love that Lakers pick to convert.

PendlesPremiers

All Australian
Sep 23, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Philadelphia 76ers, Arsenal
I've been religiously checking out mock drafts, scouting reports, videos and box scores trying to work out who we should take with our top pick. I'm actually hoping we don't get the top pick (unless that magical pick 1 and pick 6 lottery shake out happens) as I don't want us to take KAT and jeopardise the Noel/Joel combo we've been promised. I want to get a back court stud (Russell or Mudiay, or maybe Herzonja) and see a starting five with three key pieces.

I'm so sad that our Lakers and Miami picks are unlikely to come to us this off season. I know they've still got value moving forward, but the Lakers and Miami pick (or trading them to move up to top 5) would've been so exciting.

Oh yeah, and Larry Brown certainly isn't beloved, and he isn't helping himself.

Mar 26, 2008
Fight Club
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
76ers, Storm, Broad St.
I've been religiously checking out mock drafts, scouting reports, videos and box scores trying to work out who we should take with our top pick. I'm actually hoping we don't get the top pick (unless that magical pick 1 and pick 6 lottery shake out happens) as I don't want us to take KAT and jeopardise the Noel/Joel combo we've been promised. I want to get a back court stud (Russell or Mudiay, or maybe Herzonja) and see a starting five with three key pieces.

Not against drafting Towns if only because he's the best player in the draft with the biggest superstar potential and that we're still probably a year or two away from drafting on need. Potentially could trade down.

Though I've been in love with Mudiay for a while and now to more or less the same extent, Heznoja. Both are raw as hell though.

Dignan

All Australian
Apr 8, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
76ers
Not against drafting Towns if only because he's the best player in the draft with the biggest superstar potential and that we're still probably a year or two away from drafting on need. Potentially could trade down.

Though I've been in love with Mudiay for a while and now to more or less the same extent, Heznoja. Both are raw as hell though.

Mudiay > Russell for you then?

Dignan

All Australian
Apr 8, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
76ers
Yeah. Not by some wide margin or anything, both are fine picks. I just drool over Mudiay's athleticism.

I'm not so sure about his athleticism, I dunno if it's really as elite as some make out, though I've only seen bits and pieces. He's young and all but his shooting also really worries me.

I'm not sure who I'd prefer at this stage, maybe just leaning towards Russell but I'll probably change my mind 5 or 6 times before the draft.

PendlesPremiers

All Australian
Sep 23, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Like it. Keeping with tradition yet still a rebranding to usher in the Embiid Era.

Mar 26, 2008
Fight Club
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
76ers, Storm, Broad St.
This is so awesome.

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/basketb...t-scientist-david-martin-20150514-gh0im3.html

For 21 years, sport scientist David Martin has been urging athletes at the Australian Institute of Sport in Canberra to push their boundaries, embrace challenge and never stop striving for improvement.

"So it's probably important for me to take a page out of that book," said the 50-year-old, who will leave the AIS next week to become head of sport science with NBA franchise the Philadelphia 76ers. "It's definitely going to take me out of my comfort zone."

"They want to do some amazing things, they want to give back to the city of Philly and make something the city can be proud of," Martin said. "It's been a long time since the team's been successful.

"I really prefer working with struggling teams, that's where Australian cycling was 20 years ago ... there's so much potential. I love that start-up mentality, I like taking the impossible, breaking it down with a team of excited people and saying let's make it possible. That's a real rush for me."

PendlesPremiers

All Australian
Sep 23, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Tomorrow shapes our franchise! Though I do think, regardless of the picks we're awarded tomorrow, there's every chance we'll have more or different picks after Hinkie gets dealing.

Dignan

All Australian
Apr 8, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
76ers
Well, that could have gone better.

I think we should still end up with Russell or Mudiay, preferably Russell, which I'm pleased with.

Still have LA pick top 3 protected next time round, who knows how they'll go next season though.

Last edited:
Mar 26, 2008
Fight Club
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
76ers, Storm, Broad St.
Mudiay/Russel/Heznoja. That's more than acceptable. Hinkie would have planned for just the one pick.

The Lakers pick increases in value. Perhaps Hinkie will package that to get another top 10, I hope he doesn't touch Noel. Expect June 25 to be infinitely more crazier than today.

PendlesPremiers

All Australian
Sep 23, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Here's our guy! I'm really hoping for D'angelo- the perfect fit, a player to accentuate our other key players' strengths.

Mar 26, 2008
Fight Club
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
76ers, Storm, Broad St.
DX's latest mock draft had Prozingis going at 3. He's probably the most intriguing player in the draft, and if we we didn't need to assemble a backcourt I'd like it, but that's a tough sell for right now.

PendlesPremiers

All Australian
Sep 23, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
DX's latest mock draft had Prozingis going at 3. He's probably the most intriguing player in the draft, and if we we didn't need to assemble a backcourt I'd like it, but that's a tough sell for right now.

Screw DX. The only big I'm willing to take is KAT, which isn't happening. Porzingis' only elite feature is his height- all this talk of his excellent range and athleticism are completely unsupportable. His free throw rate, rebounding 3P% over the last two seasons have been very underwhelming. Add to that we have Dario to come over who can also play the stretch(ish) 4 and it makes no sense.

I'd take Russell, Mudiay, Herzonja and Winslow before I think about Porzingis.

Back