Other Teams
Hurricanes, Panthers
Mar 26, 2008
Fight Club
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
76ers, Storm, Broad St.
They've got a packed schedule, with a tough road trip ahead. And Tobi might be out for longer than the mandated 10 days.

But there hasn't been much to not like to start the season so far, aside from the Brooklyn collapse. Bench is deep and great, Curry is en fuego, Maxey is getting better, Jo has been average offensively but has improved his passing and is anchoring the defense in a way that he hasn't (or had to) since his rookie year.

Last in pace but first in ORTG, TS% and FT%. All without a $33M blackhole on the roster.

So far, just been really enjoying the ride. Seems to be a really good chemistry and vibe in the group, been really happy with Drummond and Niang as I mentioned earlier.
Tobi out for however long is a worry, especially with the Ben situation still no where near resolved

Aug 9, 2017
Penguin
AFL Club
Tasmania
Other Teams
Hurricanes, Panthers
I have seen a lot of people throw shade at Morey which is crazy, 18 months ago the Sixers were

'stuck' with an overpaid Tobias

Had an 'unmovable contract' in Horford

Had the disaster of a fit that was JRich

And just about nothing else with no cap space

He managed to get the best $/value player in the league in Seth, add a handy vet in Green, get off the Richardson and Horford deals without giving up significant assets. Added the best back up big the team had in Embiids time in Howard and upgraded him the following year with Drummond. Filled out the bench with handy role players/young prospects and is now winning games without Simmons and without Embiid carrying... Incredible.

I'm sick of talking about Ben, BUT I'm a big fan of this... All we asked surely is for him to meet us in the middle, he's taking advantage of it basically doing what he wants on his terms to get his money... * him, fine him.. He comes to us and meets in the middle or he gets nothing, my mood on this obviously helped because we have started well so don't need to be in any rush

Feb 16, 2010
President of Terror Squad
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Arsenal
Sigh… I want to like him, I want to support him. He just doesn’t do himself any favours.
I think this is how the whole of Australia feels, he should have gone to the olympics and taken his mind off things, the reason he didn’t go was supposed to help him fix things, unfortunately it’s only made things worse

Aug 9, 2017
Penguin
AFL Club
Tasmania
Other Teams
Hurricanes, Panthers
10-9 with Harris playing 11 and Embid 9.

Maxey has been awesome. I was a proponent of Simmons for CJ but I would be looking at what pieces the Kings have on the table.
Well if the report that Fox, Hailburton, Mitchell is off the table they don’t have a lot.

Holy s**t Jo is just in ridiculous touch of late, glad they gave him a night off... And we got a win which is a happy bonus.

I have NFI what happens with the Ben situation, hope it's resolved BUT don't want it done just for the sake of doing it... Just hope the right deal happens and we get the support around JoJo he deserves

Trade idea - Simmons to Sactown for Fox and Davion Mitchell.

I got bored and threw it into the trade machine - seems to work. Sixers get a pacey scoring guard and a good defensive guard. Solves the logjam of guards at Sactown turning a rookie and high performing guard into an All Star.

Aug 9, 2017
Penguin
AFL Club
Tasmania
Other Teams
Hurricanes, Panthers
Trade idea - Simmons to Sactown for Fox and Davion Mitchell.

I got bored and threw it into the trade machine - seems to work. Sixers get a pacey scoring guard and a good defensive guard. Solves the logjam of guards at Sactown turning a rookie and high performing guard into an All Star.
Nah makes no sense for Philly

Fox is a pretty poor shooter and Mitchell would be unplayable alongside Thybulle.

With the emergence of Maxey The Sixers have very little need for Fox, only way he should be involved in a trade to for Ben is if it is to a 3rd party.

Mar 26, 2008
Fight Club
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
76ers, Storm, Broad St.
Maxey or Harden will handle the ball at all times. Even Doc can't stuff that up.

Buyout market will hopefully net a Drummond replacement. Give Isaiah Joe some more burn.

30 games is not a lot to develop chemistry, but they've got a foundation to go far. Harden opting in is actually huge, and means Morey doesn't need to rush into giving him the bag.

Keeping Maxey and Matisse is absolutely huge, I mean losing Curry is a bit s**t but that being said he is a one way player who will get attacked in playoffs anyway and we lose a back up C which isn't the complete end of the world.
Just see what happens in the next 30 mins as well I guess

Marcel Proust

"Oohh WADA ooga booga" {Jul 11 2013}
Sep 6, 2018
#BigBigSound
AFL Club
Richmond
Maxey or Harden will handle the ball at all times. Even Doc can't stuff that up.

Buyout market will hopefully net a Drummond replacement. Give Isaiah Joe some more burn.

30 games is not a lot to develop chemistry, but they've got a foundation to go far. Harden opting in is actually huge, and means Morey doesn't need to rush into giving him the bag.

Surely harden gets his 270 million dollar extension

Mar 26, 2008
Fight Club
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
76ers, Storm, Broad St.
Do you blame him though.

Embiid threw him under the bus. Would you wanna be around a team mate like that.

Amazing, that after this one player sat on his ass for 7 months cause he was afraid to get better, and the other went on to lay claim for the best player in the world status.

But sure, it's the former that people should be rallying behind.

Mar 26, 2008
Fight Club
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
76ers, Storm, Broad St.
Trying to not go full Philly arsehole on casuals but it's very hard not to.

BUMP!

I've just pledged my allegiance to the 76ers.

I haven't researched deeply but I'm ready to be bombarded with stuff about the club.

But bleated, welcome! Hopefully the last 24 hours hasn't scared you off.

Only tip I can give ya: Embiid's the Son, Morey is the Father, and Sam Hinkie is the Holy Spirit.

tombomb

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 8, 2007
melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
I think it's a great trade for both teams, but particularly Philly.

The Dallas game a week or so ago, you had Embiid on one side and Luka on the other going at eachother. They are both playing incredible right now, but everytime late in the game Luka was creating a good shot for himself or finding someone wide open.

Sixers' huge issue for years has been their perimeter players can't make plays in the second half of really tight games when it slows down in the playoffs. Harden is perfect even if he has declined a little bit.

Back