The Philadelphia Experiment - Maxey Better Sadly

Remove this Banner Ad

Fultz has been doing a lot of things really well. Except for shooting... :oops:

Shamet has been a great find, love that Redick has taken him under his arm.

We also havent been using our lower depth players this season.... hate that TJ is among them I miss him :(
Shamet has a real spring to his step, if he keeps going the way his projecting, a huge steal from the draft:thumbsu:

Having Wilson Chandler back, even if he didn't really do anything on offense was a big help for the different sort of line ups they can throw out. Really like the Roco/Chandler 3/4 combo.

And obv Shamet is awesome, he's basically being groomed to be the next JJ who isn't as exploitable on defense. He handled the ball a lot as well at Wichita State so I think once he gets a bit more confident and settled we'll start seeing him attack a bit more with his dribble, especially being able to punish over aggressive close outs to get to the hoop or create a good shot for someone else.

Nice trade, get Butler and Patton for Saric, Covington, Bayless and 2022 2nd rounder.

76ers plan to extend Butler (obviously).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Tbh i love it.
I tried to follow the twolves when i really started to follow the nba becuase they where down the bottom and had a young core but man has Thibs fd everyting up.
Butler is a strong personality but he is a perefct fit for the 76s imo..
Btw ive jumped on the 76s due to simmond and embiid

Pretty sad to see RoCo and Dario go :'(

Butler does possess the sort of skill set the Sixers have been crying out for tho and can lighten the load on JoJo a bit but he's not really much of a floor spreader and we traded 2 of our best 3pt shooters to get him. Think we'll see JJ back in the starting line up to compensate for that with Markelle going to the bench and I dunno who they plan to start at the 4 long term, probably Muscala when he comes back from his broken face.

Has the potential to turn out terribly if Butler's knees don't hold up or he comes in being a huge clown, but the flipside is Embiid aint KAT, he's a dominant personality himself and doesn't play that s**t.

Wish I was a Phily fan!

Jimmy Buckets is the best closer in the league outside of Kyrie and Lebron, going to be insane watching him go h2h with Kawhai for the East.

Pretty sad to see RoCo and Dario go :'(

Butler does possess the sort of skill set the Sixers have been crying out for tho and can lighten the load on JoJo a bit but he's not really much of a floor spreader and we traded 2 of our best 3pt shooters to get him. Think we'll see JJ back in the starting line up to compensate for that with Markelle going to the bench and I dunno who they plan to start at the 4 long term, probably Muscala when he comes back from his broken face.

Has the potential to turn out terribly if Butler's knees don't hold up or he comes in being a huge clown, but the flipside is Embiid aint KAT, he's a dominant personality himself and doesn't play that s**t.

Na man, Jimmy is a great acquisition and a tremendous leader.. people forget how he lead the Bulls year in year out for years especially during the DRose injury times. Elite defender, elite shot creator, solid from 3, can guard 1-3 on the floor and handle the ball and close games out. He will get so many looks when Simmons collapses the D, it’ll be heaven for Jimmy.

Na man, Jimmy is a great acquisition and a tremendous leader.. people forget how he lead the Bulls year in year out for years especially during the DRose injury times. Elite defender, elite shot creator, solid from 3, can guard 1-3 on the floor and handle the ball and close games out. He will get so many looks when Simmons collapses the D, it’ll be heaven for Jimmy.
Yeah I'm aware of his resume and his skill set, and I'm sure he'll still get his numbers. But there's still plenty to work out with improving the teams spacing and depth and how his personality meshes with Embiid/Simmons. It could work out really well if his knees hold up and they construct the roster accordingly, but it undeniably has the chance to be bad which is the risk you run getting an aging star who has a ton of miles (thibs miles are like 10x normal miles) on his legs.

I suppose one of the positives is if he does re-sign it makes it a more attractive free agent destination during the off season.

Yeah I'm aware of his resume and his skill set, and I'm sure he'll still get his numbers. But there's still plenty to work out with improving the teams spacing and depth and how his personality meshes with Embiid/Simmons. It could work out really well if his knees hold up and they construct the roster accordingly, but it undeniably has the chance to be bad which is the risk you run getting an aging star who has a ton of miles (thibs miles are like 10x normal miles) on his legs.

I suppose one of the positives is if he does re-sign it makes it a more attractive free agent destination during the off season.

Fair summation, I’d counter and say he has shown no glimpses of all at slowing down and the fact he is coming to a team with 2 other leaders in Ben and Joel means he doesn’t have to be the alpha setting standards. He seems healthy and the guy is durable, I think you totally own this trade.

Cov is a great defender but an unreliable offensive threat, Dario extremely limited... You haven’t lost key cogs, you’ve lost spare pieces and added a future HOF and someone at the top of his game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watching Kork play well is ******* painful. Why the hell did we decline his option? The saddest part is with Cov and Saric now gone we desperately need floor spacers who can also create off the dribble.

Just to save $2m? Are you ******* kidding? If we really end up needing cap space next year it would not have been hard to unload a cheap young wing with good shooting and shot creation.

The Colangelo stench is still strong in the FO. The is what happens when piss weak owners don't even run a proper GM hiring process because they knew any competent GM would come in and clean house of Colangelo's incompetent cronys.

Left out the part where he is an absolute locker room cancer though

RoCo and Dario were 2 of my faves.. Sad.

And as a relative newbie to it all I've mostly only heard negative about Butler.
High risk high reward stuff and probably what we need though

Tbh i love it.
I tried to follow the twolves when i really started to follow the nba becuase they where down the bottom and had a young core but man has Thibs fd everyting up.
Butler is a strong personality but he is a perefct fit for the 76s imo..
Btw ive jumped on the 76s due to simmond and embiid

Think most Aussies have a foot in the 76ers camp with Ben on board.

Watched most of his games at LSU on Foxtel and watched him when LSU came out and played at Dandenong Stadium.

So try and have a look at most of their games on LP.

Adds to the ride that Jimmy Butler is on board, pressure on Jimmy to show he be a good locker room presence after the T-wolves debacle.

Hope it's not an issue chipping in on the Philly board.

In all fairness, unless you've been in the locker room, how would you know? The wolves had issues and not all of them lie with Butler, but he definitely helped expose them! Time will tell?!

In all fairness, unless you've been in the locker room, how would you know? The wolves had issues and not all of them lie with Butler, but he definitely helped expose them! Time will tell?!

Well reports out of Chicago the same, and the way he has carried on has been awful for Minny. I'd be pissed if he did that to my team.

If Butler is a locker room cancer, then the worst that can happen is that they don't give him an offer in the summer and have lost Covington and Saric for nothing. Not ideal, but it would still give them close to two max slots to use in the offseason.

Where’s the reports on Jimmy being a poor team mate in Chicago? What, didn’t he spend 8 or so seasons there and he and Rose have always seemed chummy.

Comes across as a guy who demands effort, clearly at times KAT doesn’t give that and same with Wiggins. He called them out on their crap, he was over it and frustrated. Phily will be the test, Joel and Ben are 2 clear alphas and I doubt either would put up with an outspoken 3rd. I think it’s a great fit.

Its clear that Butler got shitty at KAT and Wiggins because he sees they are amazing god given tallent but they dont work hard enough to make the most of it.
Butler has worked hard with less talent and thats why he is a star.
Thats why there was friction there.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back