The Philadelphia Experiment - Maxey Better Sadly

Remove this Banner Ad

Greetings from Philly

The vibe in the bars here was very cool last night. AI, Erving, Stackhouse etc jerseys on display. Plenty of hope and excitement.

And, you know, being an Aussie Sixers fan a few free drinks were hard to turn down...

Pretty ecstatic with how it turned out. Following the Twitter rumours pre-draft was giving me all kinds of anxiety but BC didn't do anything dumb, not yet anyway, so we good. He drafted well with those picks in the 20s, too.

We also have Ben ******* Simmons.

I like the Beverly rumours if we don't go OTT, don't like the Rubio rumours.

What a time to be a Sixer fan

You're in Philly? You lucky skunk! Do you live there, or are you on a grand tour? Are you, by any chance, the Australian Tim who attended the lottery party?

What do you guys reckon, will Furkan get stashed or play as a Sixer next season?

Been hearing teams that had a pick in the teens probably would've drafted him if he wanted to get stashed. Boston used pick #16 to stash a player due to the amount of draft picks they had. Leads you to think that Furkan wants to play in the NBA now and teams weren't ready to give up a roster spot yet. Could all just be over thinking. I'm just excited to see how our draft picks go!

What do you guys reckon, will Furkan get stashed or play as a Sixer next season?

Been hearing teams that had a pick in the teens probably would've drafted him if he wanted to get stashed. Boston used pick #16 to stash a player due to the amount of draft picks they had. Leads you to think that Furkan wants to play in the NBA now and teams weren't ready to give up a roster spot yet. Could all just be over thinking. I'm just excited to see how our draft picks go!
Problem is his buy out from his Turkish club is reported to be 2mil. NBA teams can only pay 650k towards a buy out and the player has to pay the rest. His first year salary is about 1.1 million. Though there are rumours the buy out could be paid off in instalments.

Linked to Barnes, Waiters and Crabbe.

All of whom are insignificant because this guy's coming over.

f50.jpg

lol, Lakers signed Movgov, just need em to get Evan Turner now so it's just enough for them to get that outside bottom 3 to have the pick convey.

We are so set up with the draft over the next couple of years. But my fear is that the Colangelos will **** it up by trading away some picks. Just keep the picks and keep bringing in the kids and developing them.

I expect we'll be two years behind the Wolves, and that it will be Sixers v Wolves for a decade.

Not losing sleep over Ish and Canaan being elsewhere. Do see Lin as a priority though.

Seems like the best thing for the team is getting rebuffed on every one of Colangelo's offers. I would be more than content to go into next season with the team we already have, plus Lin and maybe 1 or 2 older vets on 1 year deals.

Barnes becomes real if KD signs with GS, which I don't think will happen, but at the same time he should be fielding max offers from a number of teams. He'd then have to bypass all of them to go to the team with the worst record. I just don't think it'll happen. Indifferent to him as a player, but if we do land him I'm not totally against it, just don't think it's worth it.

We are so set up with the draft over the next couple of years. But my fear is that the Colangelos will **** it up by trading away some picks. Just keep the picks and keep bringing in the kids and developing them.

Think its more about the contracts than the picks tbh. I think he knows how valuable those picks are, which is why we didn't see it get dealt on draft night. But with $55 plus to get to the floor, I think we're more at risk of him just over paying some for the sake of it.

Not losing sleep over Ish and Canaan being elsewhere. Do see Lin as a priority though.

Seems like the best thing for the team is getting rebuffed on every one of Colangelo's offers. I would be more than content to go into next season with the team we already have, plus Lin and maybe 1 or 2 older vets on 1 year deals.

Barnes becomes real if KD signs with GS, which I don't think will happen, but at the same time he should be fielding max offers from a number of teams. He'd then have to bypass all of them to go to the team with the worst record. I just don't think it'll happen. Indifferent to him as a player, but if we do land him I'm not totally against it, just don't think it's worth it.

Think its more about the contracts than the picks tbh. I think he knows how valuable those picks are, which is why we didn't see it get dealt on draft night. But with $55 plus to get to the floor, I think we're more at risk of him just over paying some for the sake of it.

But you don't have to get to the floor. If you don't, the difference just gets spread evenly amongst the current contracted players.

And you can go in to the season way below the floor, and at some point before the end of the trade deadline, trade in a player (plu future pick/s) in another teams salary dump, release the player but still have his contract count against the cap.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But you don't have to get to the floor. If you don't, the difference just gets spread evenly amongst the current contracted players.

And you can go in to the season way below the floor, and at some point before the end of the trade deadline, trade in a player (plu future pick/s) in another teams salary dump, release the player but still have his contract count against the cap.

Yeah I know that, but in interviews Colangelo has repeatedly talked about it. Now that being said his tenure so far has been him talking and acting in a series of contradictions, and there might not be anything to him actually wanting to spend to the floor.

But in one of his latest interviews he talked about how they want to get players in on large short term deals, you can't just dismiss it. Of course that contradicts to another one of his statements where he said it's not about getting to the middle.

Bayless was a sneaky good pick up. Off my radar, but a good fit next to Simmons which is a good sign they want Ben with the ball in his hands. eFg at 67% last year on catch and shoot, a bit of an outlier compared to his previous seasons but no reason why it can't continue with Simmons passing him the ball.

Long winded way of saying I'm not sure Rubio even enters the mix. Bayless can start. But we're no closer to knowing what they'll end doing with the bigs. Ja for future picks is something I'd take at this point.

Bayless was a sneaky good pick up. Off my radar, but a good fit next to Simmons which is a good sign they want Ben with the ball in his hands. eFg at 67% last year on catch and shoot, a bit of an outlier compared to his previous seasons but no reason why it can't continue with Simmons passing him the ball.

Long winded way of saying I'm not sure Rubio even enters the mix. Bayless can start. But we're no closer to knowing what they'll end doing with the bigs. Ja for future picks is something I'd take at this point.

Didn't even know we had signed Bayless.

I heard we were talking to Rondo but doubt anything will come of that one.

Looks like Jamal Crawford might be close - based on Twitter likes and follows :p.

Short term deal, max like $$. Just off another 6MOTY. Would be big for a guy like Stauskas.

You're in Philly? You lucky skunk! Do you live there, or are you on a grand tour? Are you, by any chance, the Australian Tim who attended the lottery party?

Just touring around mate, cool city. Can also confirm I am not Australian Tim.

Didn't even know the Bayless deal was a thing until today. Nice move for a player that fits pretty well. Having that 3rd year as a team option would have been nice but oh well.

No Crawford for us, think the Clips are going to give him three years. Also sounds like Rondo is going to Chi town, not that I think we were ever really into him, but him being tied up means there's one less avenue for BC to do something stupid.

It could just be a case of being saved from himself over and over, but gotta say BC has done about as well as I could have hoped so far.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back