The Philadelphia Experiment - Maxey Better Sadly

Remove this Banner Ad

This Italy Croatia game is nuts.

All tied up, going to OT.

Saric had a huge 4th - 14/12/2. 9 pts in the 4th and had some really good defensive stops on Belinelli late.

Yeah buddy. Croatia get it done.

Saric ends up on 18/13/2 and a huge steal late. Man I'll be devo if he doesn't come over.

And oh s**t he won the tourney MVP!!!!!!!

Who are you on Liberty Ballers?
Broken Squirrel, not a huge poster on there though.

Liking what I'm seeing of Ben in today's game.

Missed first 3 jumpers, but they all had good form. Took over in the last and its clear that him being aggressive is going to make him the better player.

He's so explosive though that even if defenders sag of him, your giving him enough space to drive and find a passing lane because he's such an elite playmaker. Next evolution will be to see how he fairs from 3. Had a few open looks that he passed up, when he really should have been taking them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Going to have to cut someone with Dario in. (Shoutout to C Wood for getting a gig with the Hornets)

Stauskas, Hollis, Holmes are probably most likely. Of course not factoring in a trade yet to come. But the more time passes, the more I wonder if we're really going into the season with both.

Def feels like Okafor is safe either way.

One of my favourite Hinkie quotes though is after we drafted Embiid, and he was asked about the Nerlens and JoJo pairing

“I will say this, if in fact they do play together, which is what we anticipate, we’re going to be a menace at the rim, an absolute menace,” Hinkie said. “If you’re going to bring violence to the other team, that’s the place to do it.”

http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2014/06/27/sixers-gm-sam-hinkie-asking-fans-to-be-patient/

I hate that one has got to go but it has to be done :(

I feel like it's Noel but looking at the squad without him it's concerning. Hopefully Embiid comes through defensively.

If no trade is done:
Okafor / Noel / Embiid
Simmons / Grant / Holmes
Saric / Covington / Thompson
Henderson / Luwawu / Stauskas
Bayless / Rodriguez / McConnell

Looks like Saric left at the right time...

Peak lineup I'd like to see would probably be:

Simmons
Henderson
Covington
Saric
Embiid

Replace Henderson with Luwawu if he can get his game going.

Simmons about to start in his final SL game btw.

Looks like Saric left at the right time...

Peak lineup I'd like to see would probably be:

Simmons
Henderson
Covington
Saric
Embiid

Replace Henderson with Luwawu if he can get his game going.

Simmons about to start in his final SL game btw.

Do you think Saric can play the 3? Has improved his outside shot tenfold. Was around %40 from the 3, and even %50 over last 3 months. Great passer and ball handler to boot.

Do you think Saric can play the 3? Has improved his outside shot tenfold. Was around %40 from the 3, and even %50 over last 3 months. Great passer and ball handler to boot.

He can on offense, it's on defense, where positions matter more, that he'll struggle against most of the NBA. You could see Ben and Dario interchange their roles on D, but Ben should always be guarding the quicker player.

He can on offense, it's on defense, where positions matter more, that he'll struggle against most of the NBA. You could see Ben and Dario interchange their roles on D, but Ben should always be guarding the quicker player.

Yea I'd like to see that tried at some point. Ben at 4 and Sario at 3 on the offence, then switch on the D, with Ben guarding the 3 and Sario guarding the 4.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back