The Philadelphia Experiment - Maxey Better Sadly

Remove this Banner Ad

Completely slept on this but Markelle Fultz is in town.

Point Guard with the Huskies, and a potential #1 pick, which makes him a very attractive player for us.

Dropped 33 & 7 in Dandenong last night, and is playing in Frankston tonight. Might have made the trek down if I didn't have plans tonight, but think there's a live stream on the club's website.

Completely slept on this but Markelle Fultz is in town.

Point Guard with the Huskies, and a potential #1 pick, which makes him a very attractive player for us.

Dropped 33 & 7 in Dandenong last night, and is playing in Frankston tonight. Might have made the trek down if I didn't have plans tonight, but think there's a live stream on the club's website.

Yeap, how good is he. Would be the perfect fit alongside Simmons. Absolute lights out shooter and a great size.

This Gold medal game was the Fultz show. Was a well deserved MVP.

My worry with Fultz though is that with Giles injuries, Fultz could sneak up to the #1 pick, and I can't see the Sixers getting the #1 pick 2 drafts in a row. Which would be a shame.

Last edited:

The video of the Sixers being the most fun team next season was no hyperbole.

Pass Pass Pass Pass. 12 assists from Sergio and Dario combined. Including some gems from Dario - not to mention the game winning block.

Hinkie forever.

Dario what a block!!! Loved his full court outlet of a missed FT for a bucket also.. Had a nice behind the back pass in the post for a fouled attempt..

Saric will hopefully work well in our second unit and means we basically can play the similar style for most of the game.. Simmons starts and controls the offence, when Benny sits than Dario can continue that playmaking and transition setting..

Dario doesn't have anywhere near the athletic ability off the dribble to blow by guys like Simmons but he is crafty and plays hard which will fit in great..

Against smaller teams a lineup with Dario and Ben alongside 3 shooters/cutters would be a thrill to watch

19/10/7 and 1 turnover for the homie.

Want to get his 3 ball working and was apparently not great defensively in the first half, but man how could you not get excited

Really seems like it's just a matter of when wrt Nerlens being gone. It's conspiracy theory stuff but he tweeted for the first time in months today saying how he loved his home town city Boston and also changed his profile pic from him in a sixers uni to just a blank screen and took away the sixers related header thingy and given how little we've heard Brett or Bryan or anyone talk about him just makes it seem like he'll be traded, going to be sad but he obviously carries much more currency than Jah.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really seems like it's just a matter of when wrt Nerlens being gone. It's conspiracy theory stuff but he tweeted for the first time in months today saying how he loved his home town city Boston and also changed his profile pic from him in a sixers uni to just a blank screen and took away the sixers related header thingy and given how little we've heard Brett or Bryan or anyone talk about him just makes it seem like he'll be traded, going to be sad but he obviously carries much more currency than Jah.
Well with that said, what does a Nerlens to Boston trade give us in return?

Oct 21 (so, 22nd here?) the Simmons doco is airing.

Not sure if we will get it in Aus, but can at least torrent it.

This is pretty great.

haha.

Taking Brown would be an adequate return, though Jaylen seems best described as '2 years away from being 2 years away'.

Thing about the Celtics roster, is whilst it's a good one, the collective is far more interesting than any individual parts and the credit for that goes to Brad Stevens. Which is why their first pick should be the priority, but if all else fails...

Nerlens for Jaylen Brown and Terry Rozier would be alright. Could not be mad with that.

* yeah sixers first game on ESPN!! Gonna need to take a sickie that day!

I hope we get more coverage especially for Sunday games that espn Australia shows (usually with local tv crew)..

Nerlens trade won't net us a heap of value, I'm really torn on what to do but getting a competent 2/3 that's young would be ideal.. I doubt we even get jaylen brown tbh and his shooting won't match our roster..

A khriss Middleton type before his breakout would be ideal.. Go after a wing that is 22-25 that has 3 and D potential

Yeah, I don't really want any part of Jaylen Brown. He's a nice talent in a vacuum but I just don't want him on this team. I'd love Avery Bradley if he was a bit younger - agree with dmac_55 that someone like Middleton would be more ideal. Nerlens on the bucks would be pretty sick too.
Not sure we would get Middleton however I was more referring to a player that style.. The bucks have a severe lack of shooting and Middleton is their best option ATM

Like I'd love Ja or Nerlens be linked to another team other than the Celtics, but until that happens this s**t seems preordained. Though I've still got a foot in the, they might both be on the roster come opening night camp.

Partly because I think Colangelo isn't about to do a deal that doesn't get good value back. Otherwise he would of pulled the trigger on draft night, and wouldn't have said as much in his comments afterwards. This will be his first major deal post Hinkie, and there's been a fair bit of reversal by the anti-Hinkie press, who have just figured the process out.

Basically, he'll not want to * this up.

Marshall gone to Utah, who will likely waive him. Pleiss we will waive.

So Utah dump a bit of salary and we pick up two second rounders for practically nothing.

Not bad Colangelo, not bad.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back