The Philadelphia Experiment - Maxey Better Sadly

Remove this Banner Ad

#beingphilly

I know we've gotta be thinking long term, but all these setbacks are hard to take.

the doctors at philly should get the sAck simmonds putting on 30 pounds and all of a sudden getting a fractured foot it has to be related

God Dammit.

At least it wasn't Embiid...

It hampers the excitement of opening night, but such has been our luck, that it wouldn't be right if someone wasn't missing.

On court, I think this works pretty good for Saric. Put him at the 4, RoCo starts and lets Dario get immediately comfortable until Ben comes back and then slide him back to the 3.

The putting on weight thing is way overblown, he's played at around that weight at LSU and before then as well. Not to mention the fact that with what David Martin has done with Embiid this past year, Simmons is in great hands. Hope it's not a Jones fracture, but even if it is there's no reason to rush him out. I have some slight concerns that Colangelo would be tempted to play him earlier than necessary, but they are largely unjustified.

It sucks, but Embiid's ready, Dario's Ready, Sergio's Ready, TLC's Ready. 2017 draft picks are Ready. Gonna be okay.

Reports coming out that this is a 3 month injury. That depends on where on the 5th metatarsal the fracture occurred, the response to surgery and basically comes down to the individual's body and it's ability to heal. Surgery suggests this is a Jones injury, which is a break in the mid section of the bone and can include inserting a screw to stabilise. Most people who have this injury heal fine so fingers crossed Simmons won't have future complications. He injured it by landing on a team mate's foot. You gotta wonder if the basketball god's hate you when you injure yourself that way.

For perspective, Jack Trengove injured his navicular bone which is the hardest healing bone in the foot from what I understand. So at least Simmons hasn't done that. Hopefully we see him back in January at the latest. I'm going to go throw s**t at a wall or something like that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No Simmons obv sucks but at least in less than 24 hours Saric and Embiid will have played (and ffs hopefully got through healthy). Super happy about that, not really for myself or other Sixer fans but more so for Embiid, would have been super rough on his mental state not being able to get out on the court and always be in the rehab room.

Anyone who watched want to fill us in on how Embiid, Saric and co. went? I totally forgot that it was on, not that I could've watched anyway.

Is Embiid still going to be restricted back to back games with Simmons out now?

I highly doubt Simmons' injury will make any difference to the managing of Embiid.

Anyone who watched want to fill us in on how Embiid, Saric and co. went? I totally forgot that it was on, not that I could've watched anyway.
I watched it. The start of the game was very sloppy which was to be expected vs a team who has played with each other a bunch more and is just much better anyway.

Embiid gave about what you'd hoped and expected, missed a few shots early, struggled to pick up the pace but showed a few flashes of what he can be with the nice jumper in the post/block on brown and pick n pop long 2 on 3 consecutive possesions., played in 3 4min stints in the first half and looked gassed by end of his 3rd. Was on a 12min restriction and played them all in the first half. Will be a monster when he's match fit.

Thought Dario was pretty impressive, made a couple of 3s, makes the right passes and just looks like he'll always fit in. Sergio was pretty good too, didn't start and played with bench units but really controlled the game, made some nice passes and look really good in pick n roll.

In the end tho it's the first pre season game and it showed that they hadn't played a bunch together and that Brett is mix and matching line ups, always nice to get a W tho.

Opening the game up to...

"He is one of the most talented big man I have ever seen" - one :goat: talking about another :goat:

I mean that one minute span to end the 1st was everything, and an answer to why Nerlens and Okafor are superfluous if he stays healthy. First game in 2.5 years! Just have to look at his trajectory during his first year in Kansas to know what's possible with this guy.

:yellowheart: Dario. If it weren't for JoJo he is our most complete player, and roty contender. Those last few spots will be interesting, because Brandon Paul showed as much in one game as Stauskas has for a whole year. If this hamstring keeps him out for many more games, I think he's done. Hollis is probably on the chopping block as well.

Losing Simmons probably makes us a sub 20 win team, but if we're getting games where Joel and Dario are ballin then it's happy ******* days, and nothing like the past 3 years.

A nice glimpse of what Saric brought yesterday. One thing I'd like to see more of when he gets more comfortable is for him to get the rebound and go, seemed yesterday to be a bit tentative with his creative side which makes sense since he hasn't been with the team for long. Hope to see more of him grabbing boards and launching the break in future games or some pick n roll with one of the bigs.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back