The Philadelphia Experiment - Maxey Better Sadly

Remove this Banner Ad

Can anyone point me in the direction of a free radio call I can tune into for the games?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
If you are happy with an absolutely pro Sixer call .. Listen to the Sixers network call via the app

Need league pass for that don't you?
Nah if you listen via the Sixers app you don't... Or at least you didn't during the regular season, not sure if play offs are different.. I used to listen to it at work before I ended up signing up for the league pass

giphy.gif

I was going to get up for the start... But after the Cats win last night I was too pumped to sleep and got to bed a bit later than planned... So only got up at 5.30 and saw the 2nd half really.

From what I saw/read... We had a s**t load of turnovers, didn't shoot overly well, were down by double digits midway through the 3rd in a hostile environment and got the W still
Bloody brilliant

Jo shot like arse, but he made some massive plays and blocks late.. Nearly killed Dragic with one

.@sixers F @dariosaric is the first @NBA player to post at least 20 points in each of his first three career playoff games since @AntDavis23 in 2015.

Again, i dont think this bloke gets the recognition he deserves.

Dario is a total stud.

Philly fans appreciate our homie.

The ones who suggest trading him sicken me.

Dario is a total stud.

Philly fans appreciate our homie.

The ones who suggest trading him sicken me.
Ive watched more than half of all Philly games this year and Saric is huge. He is pretty much the glue that brings the Philly system together because he provides a mid range game in the system,(The 76ers have plenty of shooters and drivers, but Dario is the only one who scores from positions between the low and high post) while also being able to set screens and pop for three point shots with Ben in the high post. At the same time he also set screens for other shooters and if the opposition overplays the screen he punishes them if left open. Saric is not hugely quick, but is smart enough on defence to cover opponents players who are quicker or taller than him. His passing and defence have improved significantly this year.

Ive watched more than half of all Philly games this year and Saric is huge. He is pretty much the glue that brings the Philly system together because he provides a mid range game in the system,(The 76ers have plenty of shooters and drivers, but Dario is the only one who scores from positions between the low and high post) while also being able to set screens and pop for three point shots with Ben in the high post. At the same time he also set screens for other shooters and if the opposition overplays the screen he punishes them if left open. Saric is not hugely quick, but is smart enough on defence to cover opponents players who are quicker or taller than him. His passing and defence have improved significantly this year.
People who don't think Saric is any good, don't understand basketball.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd be more concerned if there wasn't any recognition coming internally, but Brett showers Dario with more praise than anyone on the team that there's an extreme satisfaction in hearing him do it, as much as when you hear him give a post-game interview.

Watching the replay, sober, and tonight wasn't his best game (wasn't anyone but JJ really) but his intangibles are standing out more than ever. His shooting has been the revelation this season, but it's him diving on loose-balls, extending plays by knocking back ORebs, and just basically the ultra-hype competitive energy (the Croat in him) that can always be counted on. Dude literally gets kneed in the balls by Johnson, and once he gets back up immediately gets turnt on the refs like he dgaf.

At the start of the season it would have been silly to entertain trade talks for him unless you were putting him in a package to get a superstar because he was still a multi-tool player and on a super cheap contract, but he's now borderline untradeable in that same scenario even though I'm sure Colangelo will test it given who's on the market.

We've won! Crowd going bananas. JJ super. Great series. One of the most intense first round encounters I can remember and Ive followed the NBA closely for over twenty years. Both teams are brilliantly coached.

Takeaway the Rose injury, and that's the team's first legit playoff series win since 03.

Brett Brown deserves most of the credit here. Out coached Spo, in just about every facet. Curiously, Spo was pretty bad in making any lineup adjustments, but chalk some of that up to how relentlessly they played em.

Takeaway the Rose injury, and that's the team's first legit playoff series win since 03.

Brett Brown deserves most of the credit here. Out coached Spo, in just about every facet. Curiously, Spo was pretty bad in making any lineup adjustments, but chalk some of that up to how relentlessly they played em.
I still think the Miami coaching staff does a great job at getting the most out of the talent on their roster. That said, it will probably be about ten seconds into the off season before Whiteside demands a trade.

Brett Brown is a legend. Philly has everyone on the same page in a way few teams have been in recent years. Boston or the Bucks are two teams we match up brilliantly against as well whoever gets through to the next round. Happy days.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back