Competitions The Pieman 2019 Round 2 v Hawthorn (post bankers here)

Remove this Banner Ad

Right, we're open for business for Rd 2.
Post here if you want a banker for the Hawthorn match.

It's OK to change your mind about your banker before match start time (3:20pm Sunday 31 March) but remember to do it in a new post. Edited posts will be ignored.

Here are your Pieman teams, for those with short memories:
1553480762020.png

Guys, don't forget to head over to the PiemanX thread and make yourself available to be drafted. You don't have to do any extra work and it'll be a bit of extra fun this year for those involved.

We have 8 players and need at least four more to make the competition worthwhile. Just go into the thread and make a post saying you're up for it and we'll get you organised into teams.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

PIEMAN RESULTS ROUND 2 vs THE HAWKS
Brilliant win. Made so much more enjoyable by the Sicily histrionics.

I want to say a huge thanks to Vinegar Mess who has put in a lot of work tidying up the Pieman engine room (the Excel spreadsheets) and making them easier to use with better looking presentation of results. Thanks VM!
We have done some QA checking and we think it's 100% right but please let us know if anything looks amiss. Nobody's perfect.

Player of the Week
A close one with only six points between first and fourth but it goes to Toby McLean ahead of the other multiple goal scorers, Schache, Gowers and Dickson.

1554085420517.png

Player of the Year
It's still Aaron Naughton. He only kicked one goal himself on Sunday but the danger he presented drew defenders and allowed others to get off the leash.

1554085633155.png

The KELVIN
Congrats to jaxie1 and Wizard17 who tied for this week's Kelvin on 141. Some scrubber called dogwatch snuck in just behind them for third on 138. Two entries - Wizard17 and Curly5 - had five goal scorers in their team but as you know only the best four scores count each week.

1554119660809.png

The PIEMAN
So after two rounds our leading two are the past winners lachy and jaxie1 . It's looking like a good tight comp this year!

Late starters Cam1967 and VitalDread joined the comp this week. Welcome aboard. Cam has already tacked onto the field but VD was a bit slow out of the blocks. Lots of time yet to make your move through the field!

1554119887241.png

Last edited:
I was ready to pull the trigger on Schache as banker. Then I thought NAW it'll be wet, we're playing Hawthorn, it won't be a high scoring game, I'll save my banker.
I need a new Ouija board!

Looks like you got my team mixed up with someone else, would love to take it but would be a hollow victory. :)
Houston I think we have a problem...

Fortunately it's not systemic, it's just a one-off. I've just been re-checking through all the team nominations in the Pieman season thread. Looks like there was a data entry problem with yours but nobody else's.

I'll update the scores shortly. Thanks for pointing it out!

OK, order has been restored. Put down your pitchforks folks.

This week's Kelvin winner is not dish licker (thanks for owning up dl). It's shared between jaxie1 and Wizard17 with 141 points each.

I've updated the Round 2 results above including the Kelvin and Pieman tables.

It looks like the data entry error might have crept in with the new software somehow, but only for Round 2 and only for dish licker. Round 1 results were correct as posted.

OK, order has been restored. Put down your pitchforks folks.

This week's Kelvin winner is not dish licker (thanks for owning up dl). It's shared between jaxie1 and Wizard17 with 141 points each.

I've updated the Round 2 results above including the Kelvin and Pieman tables.

It looks like the data entry error might have crept in with the new software somehow, but only for Round 2 and only for dish licker. Round 1 results were correct as posted.

This is bad - I take responsibility. Sorry everyone (especially you, dw).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back