Competitions The Pieman 2021 - with a difference!

Remove this Banner Ad

PIEMAN RESULTS ROUND 8 v Carlton
It was a grim first three quarters but six goals of champagne football in the last quarter gave us the third highest goal tally of any game this year. Some decent Pieman scores resulted and a bit of action at the top of the leaderboard.

Subs
We had an unusually large number of carryover teams this week (12) and a few needed Pieman subs. They were:

ScottyDogg - 2x Naughton (replacing 2x Schache) and Scott (appropriately) replacing West
StringyDog - 2x Naughton replacing 2x Schache
TempletonTheRat - 2x Naughton replacing 2x West

All of these subs kicked goals so it was a good result for the teams affected.

Pieman Player of the Week
Despite his 5 goal heroics it wasn't Josh Bruce. It was 2-goal Hunter who won the PPotW.

1620649476304.png

Pieman Player of the Year
Bruce does however have a big lead in the PPotY.

1620649602519.png

The KELVIN
For the first time in a while we had some 20 point bonuses to give out. Four of them in fact. And one of them was enough to get weltschmerz (163) over the line for the Kelvin. BEaston (157) nearly got there on the back of an early Sweet goal and Curly5 (147) put in another solid performance for third.
RandomDog showed how easy this caper is with a season high of 123 and 7th place. :p

1620650093911.png

The PIEMAN
Things have changed at the top. Boyd oh Boyd who had been leading since Rd 3 has slipped to third. dogwatch came within a point of catching him but the challenges were coming from further back: Floridog just overtook the pair but the consistent Curly5 swept past all three to become our new leader with a 16 point margin.

These four have opened up a handy 40+ lead over 5th (Vinegar Mess) with TedDougChris heading the rest a further 25 points back.

1620650304053.png

It was a grim first three quarters but six goals of champagne football in the last quarter gave us the third highest goal tally of any game this year. Some decent Pieman scores resulted and a bit of action at the top of the leaderboard.

Subs
We had an unusually large number of carryover teams this week (12) and a few needed Pieman subs. They were:

ScottyDogg - 2x Naughton (replacing 2x Schache) and Scott (appropriately) replacing West

Despite his 5 goal heroics it wasn't Josh Bruce. It was 2-goal Hunter who won the PPotW.

View attachment 1124007

View attachment 1124009

The KELVIN
For the first time in a while we had some 20 point bonuses to give out. Four of them in fact. And one of them was enough to get weltschmerz (163) over the line for the Kelvin. BEaston (157) nearly got there on the back of an early Sweet goal and Curly5 (147) put in another solid performance for third.
RandomDog showed how easy this caper is with a season high of 123 and 7th place. :p

View attachment 1124021

The PIEMAN
Things have changed at the top. Boyd oh Boyd who had been leading since Rd 3 has slipped to third. dogwatch came within a point of catching him but the challenges were coming from further back: Floridog just overtook the pair but the consistent Curly5 swept past all three to become our new leader with a 16 point margin.

These four have opened up a handy 40+ lead over 5th (Vinegar Mess) with TedDougChris heading the rest a further 25 points back.

View attachment 1124027
Thanks so much dogwatch especially for the timely inclusion of Scott!

Excited! (even though I wasn't tagged... ;))
You were tagged (look in the "The KELVIN" paragraph) but I think there's a maximum number of tags per post and you were the sixth ... so maybe the maximum is five?

I'll make sure I tag you first next time Curly5 ;)
Well done.

Subs

View attachment 1124007

View attachment 1124009

The KELVIN

View attachment 1124021

The PIEMAN

View attachment 1124027

What sort of witchcraft is this ?? Why am I towards the top end of the table ???

Pieman Handicaps Round 9 v Port Adelaide

Here is the full list. I'll post the final handicaps when team selection is announced.

1620829287619.png

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pieman Substitutes Rd 9

If substitutes are needed, here is the order for this week:

1. Bruce
2. Hunter
3. Scott
4. Naughton
5. Sweet
6. Johannisen
7. Daltrey

dw, has anyone picked Keath this season?

If not, I’ll throw him in x1, others pending.
Yes two have:

RandomDog has had Keath twice (but he'd pick anyone).

Scrag has had Keath the last three weeks ... but look where Scrag is on the leaderboard. :think:

I thought I'd stretch his handicap out a bit to see if anyone could be tempted. He did kick one 1.1 last year.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back