Competitions The Pieman 2021 - with a difference!

Remove this Banner Ad

PIEMAN RESULTS Rd 5 v Gold Coast

17 goals is a fine haul but we squandered a lot of chances for more. Anyway good times in Pieland with 11 different goalkickers.

Pieman Player of the Week

It was a tie this week between Wood and Dunkley.

1618755669459.png

Pieman Player of the Year

Bruce still leads the way but there's a tight bunch between 90 and 115 points. A wide open competition at this early stage.

1618755807162.png

The KELVIN

Two ladies led the comp this week with Kermit (155 pts) landing the Kelvin narrowly from Curly5 (152). Fossie 32 (151) came third with his carryover team. From memory I think it is Kermit's first Kelvin win so congratulations are in order.

There were four teams that earned themselves the 20 point bonus for picking five different goalscorers - it proved decisive for the top three. The other one was josh the gent.

Lots of us went for the debutant ruckman this week but we all came up with Sweet FA. With a name like that we should have known.

1618756788832.png

The PIEMAN

Boyd oh Boyd and Wocka remain in a very tight tussle for the lead. Some inside trader has snuck into third place but it's really anybody's comp to win at this stage.

1618757580756.png

PIEMAN RESULTS Rd 5 v Gold Coast

17 goals is a fine haul but we squandered a lot of chances for more. Anyway good times in Pieland with 11 different goalkickers.

Pieman Player of the Week

It was a tie this week between Wood and Dunkley.

View attachment 1106098

Pieman Player of the Year

Bruce still leads the way but there's a tight bunch between 90 and 115 points. A wide open competition at this early stage.

View attachment 1106099

The KELVIN

Two ladies led the comp this week with Kermit (155 pts) landing the Kelvin narrowly from Curly5 (152). Fossie 32 (151) came third with his carryover team. From memory I think it is Kermit's first Kelvin win so congratulations are in order.

There were four teams that earned themselves the 20 point bonus for picking five different goalscorers - it proved decisive for the top three. The other one was josh the gent.

Lots of us went for the debutant ruckman this week but we all came up with Sweet FA. With a name like that we should have known.

View attachment 1106105

The PIEMAN

Boyd oh Boyd and Wocka remain in a very tight tussle for the lead. Some inside trader has snuck into third place but it's really anybody's comp to win at this stage.

View attachment 1106109
Do you think I can make the Eight? o_O

Where are the stats on the difference between those with 'Dog" in their name against those that don't. Stats, more stats please ;)
3 of the top 19 have "dog" in their name (if you don't count TedDogChris) while 5 of the bottom 19 have "dog".

Ergo there's a negative correlation between Pieman scores and having a doggy username.

However regardless of dogginess, anyone with "watch" in their name features in the top 8%. Strong positive correlation there.

:dogface::watch::)

Hey DW - i just thought of a really obvious way to award bonus points that doesnt require much effort - would you consider say a 5 or 10 pt bonus for having the first goal scorer in you squad - this bonus could be multiplied if you had that player multiple times

Food for thought

Hey DW - i just thought of a really obvious way to award bonus points that doesnt require much effort - would you consider say a 5 or 10 pt bonus for having the first goal scorer in you squad - this bonus could be multiplied if you had that player multiple times

Food for thought
Thanks but no, I'm not keen on it.

It's a bit random and gimmicky IMO. The second goal or the last goal should be just as important as the first.

Incidentally that's also a legit argument that could be used against having the jackpot idea that I floated earlier.

3 of the top 19 have "dog" in their name (if you don't count TedDogChris) while 5 of the bottom 19 have "dog".

Ergo there's a negative correlation between Pieman scores and having a doggy username.

However regardless of dogginess, anyone with "watch" in their name features in the top 8%. Strong positive correlation there.

:dogface::watch::)

Not the first time I’ve been called that - right NaturalDisaster !!

The Pieman Handicaps Round 5 v GWS

Here are the provisional handicaps for Rd 6. (Changes may still be made once the final 22 is announced.)

For BEaston ... the handicap index drops from 103.5 to 101.5 this week (omitting Williams and including Daniel).

1618817923325.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

dogwatch, in the interest of fairness.

You need to take 1 point off me. Hunter not Libba.

...and Bucket, you're sh1t 😀
Fixed.

One of the drawbacks of the new system is the amount of data entry required each week. It's not so much the time it takes to enter - it's that 39x5 data items=195 entries so a transcription error is always a possibility. Last year it was only about 20 items a week (banker selections). I didn't get a chance to do a QA check this weekend and rather than delay until I had time I thought it better to "publish and be damned".

Anyway thanks for your honesty! Let's hope the Pieman result doesn't come down to a one point margin at the end of the year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back