Competitions The Pieman 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Pieman Lite - Rounds 19-21

A heads-up, gentle piefolk.

Assuming Mrs dw and I are cleared from Covid iso on time (we're recovering well) we'll be off to FNQ for a couple of weeks from this Friday. I may also be out of internet range for limited periods over that time. In any case it's a holiday and the last thing I want to be worried about is footy.

This will mean some changes in what you'll be getting from me over that period because I'm only taking my trusty phone. No laptop. As I haven't yet developed the Pieman administrators app for the iPhone it'll be absolute basics. My apologies in advance.

What you'll see:
  • normal handicaps this Thursday night after team selection for Rd 19
  • a rudimentary handicap list for Rds 20 and 21 including the Pieman subs list, but it won't have any fancy formatting or other features like recent goalkicking form
  • occasional posts from me when I check my BF account
  • Successive results for Rds 19-21 posted here after I get back - maybe one round per day so you aren't overwhelmed
What you won't be getting until I return (prior to Rd 22)
  • weekly results for Rds 19-21
  • progressive updates to the Pieman leaderboard throughout that period - I won't know the standings myself
  • warnings from me if you make an invalid entry (eg nominating 6 players or more than 3x any one player). If that happens I'll use existing rules and commonsense to moderate your selection after I get home. My decision will be final.
What if there are no handicaps issued?
In the unlikely event that I am unable to post the handicap list before any particular match starts there are rules about what the handicaps default to. I can't remember what those rules are right now but I'll dig them out from the OP and re-post here so you have as much certainty as possible.

You can of course try to calculate weekly results for yourself because all the information you need is in this thread ... but you'd want to have a lot of spare time!

I'd prefer nobody lodged selections with me via PM over that time but I will still accept them if you insist, as long as they reach me before match start time. So far nobody has bothered with them this year.

Sorry for the inconvenience.
The absence and uncertainty of leaderboard scores may actually heighten the excitement with the leaders second-guessing what they have to do to win the comp!

Go Pies! err, I mean Go Dogs!!

1658203962898.jpeg

PIEMAN Round 19 v Melbourne

ROUND 19 TEAM

Western Bulldogs v Melbourne
Saturday 23 July, 7.25pm AEST
Marvel Stadium

B: Ed Richards, Ryan Gardner, Buku Khamis
HB: Mitch Hannan, Alex Keath, Bailey Dale
C: Bailey Williams, Tom Liberatore, Jack Macrae
HF: Jason Johannisen, Josh Bruce, Bailey Smith
F: Josh Dunkley, Aaron Naughton, Jamarra Ugle-Hagan
R: Tim English, Marcus Bontempelli, Adam Treloar

Int: Rhylee West, Cody Weightman, Riley Garcia, Lachlan McNeil

Emer: Zaine Cordy, Robbie McComb, Laith Vandermeer, Jordon Sweet

Pieman Handicaps Round 19

1658400343457.png

Pieman Substitutes Rd 19

If Pieman substitutes are needed this week they will be applied in the following order:

Ugle-Hagan​
Bontempelli​
Garcia​
Dale​
Hannan​

No results will be posted for a few weeks ...
Just a reminder that I won't be in a position to post results for Rounds 19-21 until about the second week of August.
I will still post basic handicaps for Rounds 20 & 21. And anything else I can think of that might be useful.

RandomDog just happens to be indisposed for the next couple of Rounds too, so he has decided to put in some advance entries. He's happy to take the Pieman subs if any of these don't play:

Rd 20 (v Geelong)
Hannan​
Bontempelli​
Libba​
Treloar​
Ugle-Hagan​
Rd 21 (v Freo)
Keath​
Dale​
Richards​
Khamis​
West​