AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Weightman x2
Dunkley
English x2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

PIEMAN RESULTS round 22 v GWS

Only nine goals today. Normally that means we've been comprehensively flogged. Not today though. In a game that makes chess played by snail mail look exciting we somehow fell over the line and live to fight another week (or maybe just a few hours if Carlton win tonight).

The game did provide one footy first though. More of that below...

Carryover Teams and Pieman Substitutes

There were 23 carryover teams today but only three subs were required:
Jeff 1975 got Naughton (8) as sub for Bruce​
TedDougChris got Weightman (9) as sub for Garcia​
weltschmerz got Baz Smith (25) as sub for Bruce​

The KELVIN

This week I'm awarding a Gold Kelvin! 🥇

It goes to ScragCity for a perfect score. And no, I'm not scragging you, folks, it really was him. The maximum possible was 254 points for picking 3x Williams and 2x Dale and that's exactly what Scrag did. He more than doubled his nearest competitor. That was SayerTheCreator (121) and then dish licker (117) was in third spot.

Now before you all fall down to your knees in stunned adulation of this feat I should point out that Scrag took out that combination in Round 11 and he has let it carry over for the next 10 games. In that time it has earned him the following scores:
21268(bye)66660066000254

The 212 was legit too. Williams kicked 2 goals in that game and Dale kicked 1, just like today. Eerie! 😯

The first five placegetters this week were all carryover teams. The average score was 53.1 but that was skewed upwards by Scrag's day out. The median score was only 47. Nobody got the 20 point bonus.

1660385676707.png

The PIEMAN Leaderboard

As this week's Pieman results go to air it's not even clear whether we will still be in the finals hunt in Rd 23 (Carlton trail Melbourne 22-30 at half time) but the likelihood is that there will be only one WB game left to decide who will be the Pieman for 2022. And it has come down to a VERY close race with three strong contenders and maybe a couple of long shots still in the running.

The big lead that Foxman98 had a few weeks ago has been whittled down to 15 points over the 2019 Pieman winner Snarls Barkley. That's less than a Josh Dunkley goal in his possible farewell game for the club. Also in the running is the 2018 Pieman winner X_box_X who is only 55 points behind the leader.

Others still with a chance, even if it's only one game to go, are long time leader TiAn_ (122 behind), ScottyDogg (139), Sharkey66 (159) and maybe chez_ferret (171) and LordC (177) ... but they'd want to have a pretty big week!

RandomDog registered only 20 this week and looks consigned to the wooden spoon once again. Ahh, but life's a lottery anyway, eh?

1660386290391.png

Pieman Payer of the Week

It was Baileys all round at Marvel today with Bailey Williams getting the PPotW from Bailey Dale and Bailey Smith in fourth place (just behind Bailey Liberatore).

1660387237126.png

Pieman Player of the Year

Cody Weightman looks to have this sewn up.

1660387565351.png

Secret Selections

Just a reminder to the top few on the leaderboard ... you might want to keep your selections confidential this week so that your rivals can't make tactical selections that cover yours.

If so, feel free to PM me your selections instead of posting them here. All the other rules still apply. I will announce your selections here as soon as possible AFTER the start of the game when entries have closed.

Pieman Handicaps Round 23

Here is the early squad of 26. Final 22 to be named Friday night. Four to be cut from the interchange list.

ROUND 23 TEAM
Hawthorn v Western Bulldogs
Sunday 21 August, 1.10pm AEST
UTAS

B: Ed Richards, Ryan Gardner, Zaine Cordy
HB: Caleb Daniel, Sam Darcy, Bailey Dale
C: Jack Macrae, Tom Liberatore, Bailey Smith
HF: Laitham Vandermeer, Aaron Naughton, Josh Dunkley
F: Cody Weightman, Jamarra Ugle-Hagan, Josh Bruce
R: Tim English, Marcus Bontempelli, Adam Treloar
Int: Taylor Duryea, Lachie Hunter, Stefan Martin, Robbie McComb, Tim O’Brien, Bailey Williams, Roarke Smith, Rhylee West

In: Josh Bruce, Taylor Duryea, Tim O’Brien, Robbie McComb
Out: Lachlan McNeil (omitted)

Pieman Handicaps

Here are the handicaps for the full list of 26. I will update it after the final 22 is announced. There's always a chance that I might need to change some of the handicaps at that point so make sure to check after Friday night.

The players shown in yellow are those named on the interchange (four of them to be cut).

1660838114710.png

Secret Selections

Don't forget that if you're still in the hunt for the Pieman and want to keep your team selection confidential until after match start time you can PM me your team but make sure you do it before the advertised starting time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back