Competitions The Pieman 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Is it ok to say if Garcia is Sub, I'll have McNeil? Just don't have really good internet access where I am and might not be able to change it

On Nokia 5.4 using BigFooty.com mobile app
Yes, it's OK to say that and I'm happy to oblige but why would he be medi-sub? He was named in the 22.
Because Bevo?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not surprisingly there were some big scores and some changes at the top tonight.

I've done a preliminary run of the Pieman results but need to do some checking.
Got to the game, had a few beers* and now I'm a bit too weary so I'll post the results for Round 5 tomorrow.

* Not Mantis Toboggan level of beers though. :drunk:

Actually, Bont x2 and take out JUH/Bmith

PIEMAN RESULTS ROUND 5 v NORTH

This always promised to be a goal fest and that's how it panned out. We kicked more goals in the first quarter than the whole of last week's game. So there were some big scores and lots of Pie-action this week.

Carryover teams and substitutes

There were 19 carryover teams ... and some of them did pretty well. Six of the top 10 in fact.
Among those carryover teams there were 5 Vandermeer picks so they had to be replaced. And again, the substitutes did really well for them:
cecil, cleveland and Cudi got Macrae who was worth 39 pts​
shacf501 got Naughton TWICE and he was worth 40 points each time​

The KELVIN
Yes ossie_21 got a big score but Fossie 32 slipped under the radar with his carryover team. They both racked up 248 points to share this week's Kelvin, 50 points clear of Foxman98 and Sharkey66 who got 198 points with identical teams. Jeff 1975 was close behind on 197 and Floridog also got into the 190s but via a different route to most - he had a double serving of Anthony Scott.

Surprisingly nobody got the 20 point bonus. Those who went for five different players all seemed to have a Baz, an Adz or a Dunks in their team.

1650072861909.png

The PIEMAN

Yes, we have a new leader. But it's not ossie, it's fossie!
Foss put his team in for Round 1 and hasn't changed it or needed a sub since. That's proof right there that you can do very nicely with the set-&-forget strategy of Piemanship.

Dual Kelvin winner Foxman98 is in second place and then ossie.

Last week's leader and compulsive gambler ScragCity had a shocker when McNeil failed to kick the predicted 5 goals. Scrag dropped 14 places to others who cashed in on the goalfest.

Late starting BulldogMuscle has lifted himself off the bottom at the expense of the quixotic RandomDog.

1650073155971.png

Pieman Player of the Week

Cody Weightman was on track to beat Kelvin Templeton's 15 in a game when he had 4 goals to quarter time. It couldn't last but he still finished with 5 and enough points to be the PPotW.

1650073878349.png

Mitch Wallis also kicked a goal but as medi-sub he didn't register any Pieman points.

Pieman Player of the Year

Weightman also shot straight to the top of the PPotY leaderboard with a handy lead over Naughton.
Wallis has kicked two goals and got 0 points - both because he was medi-sub.

1650074039826.png

It's so nice to get the Friday win and bask in the warm glow of victory all weekend.
Happy Easter all Doggies fans and Pie-people!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back