Competitions The Pieman 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

You need to put in a plea with the Mods or maybe even Chief. I used to have one of those too but I think it got lost with some of the added BF Player Sponsor tags. I notice you have some of those too.

Or maybe you need to do the three-peat first? ;)
I consider myself to be like Essendon.

Ain't won s**t for years, but I still keep pointing to my pie badge and claiming I'm awesome

On Nokia 5.4 using BigFooty.com mobile app

PIEMAN RESULTS ROUND 5 v NORTH

This always promised to be a goal fest and that's how it panned out. We kicked more goals in the first quarter than the whole of last week's game. So there were some big scores and lots of Pie-action this week.

Carryover teams and substitutes

There were 19 carryover teams ... and some of them did pretty well. Six of the top 10 in fact.
Among those carryover teams there were 5 Vandermeer picks so they had to be replaced. And again, the substitutes did really well for them:
cecil, cleveland and Cudi got Macrae who was worth 39 pts​
shacf501 got Naughton TWICE and he was worth 40 points each time​

The KELVIN
Yes ossie_21 got a big score but Fossie 32 slipped under the radar with his carryover team. They both racked up 248 points to share this week's Kelvin, 50 points clear of Foxman98 and Sharkey66 who got 198 points with identical teams. Jeff 1975 was close behind on 197 and Floridog also got into the 190s but via a different route to most - he had a double serving of Anthony Scott.

Surprisingly nobody got the 20 point bonus. Those who went for five different players all seemed to have a Baz, an Adz or a Dunks in their team.

View attachment 1374551

The PIEMAN

Yes, we have a new leader. But it's not ossie, it's fossie!
Foss put his team in for Round 1 and hasn't changed it or needed a sub since. That's proof right there that you can do very nicely with the set-&-forget strategy of Piemanship.

Dual Kelvin winner Foxman98 is in second place and then ossie.

Last week's leader and compulsive gambler ScragCity had a shocker when McNeil failed to kick the predicted 5 goals. Scrag dropped 14 places to others who cashed in on the goalfest.

Late starting BulldogMuscle has lifted himself off the bottom at the expense of the quixotic RandomDog.

View attachment 1374555

Pieman Player of the Week

Cody Weightman was on track to beat Kelvin Templeton's 15 in a game when he had 4 goals to quarter time. It couldn't last but he still finished with 5 and enough points to be the PPotW.

View attachment 1374570

Mitch Wallis also kicked a goal but as medi-sub he didn't register any Pieman points.

Pieman Player of the Year

Weightman also shot straight to the top of the PPotY leaderboard with a handy lead over Naughton.
Wallis has kicked two goals and got 0 points - both because he was medi-sub.

View attachment 1374575

It's so nice to get the Friday win and bask in the warm glow of victory all weekend.
Happy Easter all Doggies fans and Pie-people!
Awesome! Bit like Bill Murray in Groundhog Day learning classical piano :)

ROUND 6 v ADELAIDE at Mars Stadium 23 April 13:45

ROUND 6 TEAM
Western Bulldogs v Adelaide
Saturday 23 April, 1.45pm EST
Mars Stadium

B:
Ed Richards, Ryan Gardner, Taylor Duryea
HB: Caleb Daniel, Tim O’Brien, Bailey Dale
C: Lachlan McNeil Jack Macrae, Anthony Scott
HF: Tom Liberatore, Zaine Cordy, Adam Treloar
F: Marcus Bontempelli Aaron Naughton, Cody Weightman
R: Stefan Martin, Bailey Smith, Josh Dunkley

Int: Robbie McComb, Jamarra Ugle-Hagan, Josh Schache, Bailey Williams

Emer: Hayden Crozier, Rhylee West, Buku Khamis, Jordon Sweet

In: Stefan Martin, Robbie McComb, Josh Schache
Out: Tim English (hamstring), Lachie Hunter (personal reasons), Riley Garcia (knee), Mitch Wallis (personal reasons)

Last week’s sub: M. Wallis (replaced R. Garcia)

Pieman Handicaps
1650551529646.png

Pieman Substitutes

Where required the Pieman substitutes are (in order):

Weightman​
Naughton​
Bontempelli​
Scott​
Macrae​

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Here is the list showing the number of times each player has been included in a Pieman team this week (from 19 teams lodged so far). I've also worked out the "payout" in terms of Pieman Points for each goal they kick.

If I was a bookie this is the sort of analysis I'd be doing, working out where my biggest risks would be, and perhaps "laying off" some of that money with other bookies. I'd be tweaking the odds too, so for example McComb would be shortened and Dunkley would be lengthened a bit.

Overall I think the balance is good except for McComb, but he's the sort of player I'd be prepared to wear some risk on. (Bookies do lose sometimes though!)

Anyway, I just thought I'd throw it in this week for your amusement. :)

1650637666264.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Back