Competitions The Pieman 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

C'mon Scott I know you can do it, get me the bonus

Crabs Crab Rave GIF

PIEMAN RESULTS Round 11 v the Once Mighty West Coast Eagles

It was a record score against the Weagles. And a record margin (beating the 70 points back in 1998). There were so many other records, including the equal most number of goalkickers in footy history (what were you thinking Jack Macrae?)

And so it transpired that it was happy hour down at the pie shop.

Let's get on with it ...

Pieman Substitutes and Carryover Teams

There were 18 carryover teams this week, fewer than usual. Perhaps there was the smell of blood in the water and everyone wanted to get their bespoke team ready for the kill?

There were 12 subs required. One of them was Bont for Cleary (jaxie1), one of them was Naughton for B Smith (TempletonTheRat) and the other 10 were Bont for B Smith (54Bulldog16, cecil, cleveland, Mike_, scarrgo, Snarls Barkley, StringyDog, TedDougChris and 2x VL3OJ).

The KELVIN
Well at last we had someone claiming the 20 point bonus. And not just one - there were fourteen of them! There were none qualified one up to 3/4 time but then the dam wall burst. Six of these bonus-winning teams finished in the top 10 but it was Wocka with another all-or-nothing roll of the dice (3x West) who took out the Kelvin, his second one this year. His 234 points was not quite the highest score of the year. That honour still rests with the rhyming twins ossie and fossie in Round 5. ScragCity (212) was second and SayerTheCreator (204) was the only other to crack 200.

But lots of others scored heavily. Only ten teams failed to get to 100 and only four failed to reach 90. The average score today was just a touch under 130 (season average is 75.5) and the median was 121.5 (season median is 68).

The highest possible score this week was a pie-boggling 620 (3x Keath and 2x Duryea). Nice to see some defenders on the scoresheet.

1653745258172.png

The PIEMAN LEADERBOARD

TiAn_ recorded another top 10 finish and thus extended his lead to 124 over Foxman98. ScottyDogg and SayerTheCreator are the only others to have cracked 1000 points. It gets pretty tight after that with only 150 points covering the next 16 teams.

1653746279724.png

Pieman Player of the Week

Normally a Taylor Duryea goal would be enough for him to lock up the PPotW gong, but Alex Keath's two extraordinary goals - a career high - meant he romped it in. He didn't seem keen to smile though after being headbutted by Astro in the post-goal celebrations.

1653746584134.png

Pieman Player of the Year

And those two goals rocketed Keath back to the top of the leaderboard for PPotY, ahead of Dunkley and Naughton.

1653746704982.png

One of the first weeks all year I don't go with the 5x1. Not that it would have changed much for me but I had 2 X English and added a third for McNeil..stupidly thinking English was going to play fwd.

Oh well
I feel your pain - I wrote out four different 5x1 combinations before settling on Naughton x2. :(

My * you beveridge choices: West, Scott, McComb, McNeil, and Buku

My actual choices: English, Dunkley, Williams, West, Naughton

ROUND 12 TEAM
Western Bulldogs v Geelong
Friday 3 June, 7.50pm AEST
Marvel Stadium

B: Ed Richards, Ryan Gardner, Tim O’Brien
HB: Caleb Daniel, Alex Keath, Bailey Dale
C: Bailey Williams, Jack Macrae, Anthony Scott
HF: Bailey Smith, Buku Khamis, Tom Liberatore
F: Marcus Bontempelli, Aaron Naughton, Cody Weightman
R: Tim English, Josh Dunkley, Adam Treloar

Int: Rhylee West, Taylor Duryea, Robbie McComb, Lachlan McNeil

Emer: Luke Cleary, Mitch Wallis, Dom Bedendo, Jordon Sweet

In: Bailey Smith
Out: Jordon Sweet (omitted), Luke Cleary (medi-sub)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back