Competitions The Pieman 2022

With 22 selections lodged so far here is the "Payout" table. This doesn't include the substantial number of carryover sides (around 20-25 a week). Obviously I won't know who they are until I see who has lodged their selections by the first bounce.

1655519358884.png

Some interpretation to help you fathom this:
  • The payout column represents the number of points that will be allocated across the comp for each goal that the player kicks this round. So if JJ kicks two the payout to be shared among teams is 616 points.
  • This might be useful information. You can know where the greatest weight of points is likely to go ... depending on who kicks goals of course! So if you're chasing points to catch up you might look at players like English Naughton or Weightman. If you're experiencing FOMO or you're trying to stay with or ahead of the pack then you are safer going with the players like JJ, Schache etc.
  • Naturally all that is just playing the percentages. What actually happens in the game may be utterly different to the long term trends and averages. I mean who would have picked Keath to kick two goals a couple of games back? (Answer: No-one!)
  • The three most picked players so far are Schache (17 times), JJ (14) and JUH (10). I can understand why they might seem like good value so I'm not poo-pooing their selection but I have also noticed that players coming back into the team after time out tend to get disproportionately favoured. I have some theories why that would be but I'm sure you can figure them out yourself.
  • While it's a fun thing to do when I have some spare time, please don't ask me to do one of these every week. I'm usually too busy. Besides, you have all the information you need in this thread to construct your own. (Perhaps you already do? :think:)

Back