Competitions The Pieman 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

RandomDog seems to have changed his strategy and this week has gone for players who can kick goals. All five registered in the "G" column last week:

O'Brien​
Naughton​
Bontempelli​
McComb​
West​

Hope it's not the kiss of death.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

PIEMAN RESULTS ROUND 16 v Brisbane

Strange old night. Show anyone the i50s, the CPs, the clearances and you'd reckon we had a 15 goal night and a probable win. Not a 9 goal evening and a 41 point loss. A familiar tale unfortunately.

It was also a strange night in the Kelvin ... but more of that below.

Only seven goalkickers and no bonus points taken tonight.

Carryover Teams and Pieman Substitutes

A large number of carryover teams tonight (27) probably because of the early game, starting a mere 25 hours after teams were announced.

The Pieman subs required were all for Caleb Daniel who featured in two of the carryover teams. Charlie Bucket had Caleb x 3 so he got a huge boost out of picking up West. The only other was dish licker who had Caleb once and also got West as the sub.

The KELVIN

Well I said it was strange. theAthenian went in with 3xJJ (JJJJJJ) and 2xLibba. After 24 minutes of the first quarter he had amassed a huge lead and a massive 114 points total. Unfortunately his team put the cue in the rack at that point (sort of like the WB, eh?) and he didn't get any more points for the rest of the night. Nonetheless he still held a pretty comfy 24 point lead on the final siren. The only problem was that Rhylee West had been awarded a mark directly in front and when he duly converted our erstwhile leader was swamped by West acolytes and ended up finishing fourth. :sob:

So the Kelvin this week ended up going narrowly to Charlie Bucket (122) who finished a mere 3 points ahead of Bont2Bruce (119) with Wocka another two points back and theAthenian in fourth just 8 points behind the winner.

It won't help Wocka's blood pressure that Charlie B only got his 3xWest because he failed to put in a new team for the last two weeks and he got the substitute because of the injury to Daniel who he chose as a "3x" back in Rd 14. I mean, sometimes you've just gotta laugh, right Wocka?

1656600225246.png

The highest possible score this week was only 150 points if you had taken 3xWest (as some did) and 2xBedendo (as nobody did). However it was also possible to get 146 if you chose West, Bedendo, Libba, JJ and Treloar and picked up the 20 point bonus.

Anyway I'm left wondering: was Charlie B's score a commendable holding of the nerve or a wonderful example of serendipitous neglect? You choose.

The PIEMAN LEADERBOARD

That after-the-siren goal also helped TiAn_ extend his lead back out by an extra 16 points. It's now out to 51 points over Foxman98 with X_box_X a further 50 points back in third and then Dogs_R_Us and Snarls Barkley tied for fourth, 12 points behind. TiAn_ had 2x West while Foxman98 only had West once.

1656601513410.png

Pieman Player of the Week

West gets there on the bell ... or rather, just after it. In doing so he robbed Bedendo of PPotW on debut!

1656601116016.png

Pieman Player of the Year

It's still close at the top. Cody Weightman reduced Naughton's lead but only by 1 point. West, Treloar and Libba continue to move up the leaderboard. It's fair to say that West's handicap value will be even smaller next week.

1656601356926.png

The Sealed Envelope Option is now available

A final point: it's now getting to the business end of the season and we're no certainty to play finals. So there may be only 7 games left to determine the Pieman for 2022. As we did last year, you now have the option of keeping your team secret until after the start of the game when entries have closed. Most people couldn't be bothered but if you happen to be worried about someone "shadowing" your picks this is a way to stop it. All you have to do is PM your Pieman team before the game is due to start. I won't take late entries either in this thread or by PM so make sure it reaches me by the scheduled start time.

I might let people know that I've received your team selection but I won't reveal who is in your team until after entries have closed.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back