Competitions The Pieman Grand Finale

Remove this Banner Ad

The Pieman will be there on the big day!

StringyDog coasting home with a 752 point lead and will only get nervous if Jong kicks nine goals or more.

Everyone gets a banker again this week. Either nominate one before 2:30pm Saturday or allow me to allocate your default banker.
Results probably won't get posted until mid-week. Or later, if we win. :drunk:

The teams (green shows default banker):
upload_2016-9-28_17-16-17.png

The leaderboard:

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have been detained a little longer in Melbourne. (I have an unexpected commitment this evening!)

Results by the end of the week.

I hope you can stand the suspense StringyDog .

Thought I'd hold off the Pieman results until the premiership celebrations had eased off a little...

PIEMAN RESULTS GRAND FINAL v SYDNEY
Who said we don't kick enough goals to win finals?

Pieman Team of the Week
160 - Z.Cordy
114 - L.Picken
80 - C.SMith
45 - T.Boyd
42 - T.Dickson​
Those five worth 441 points.

Pieman Team of the Year
1440 - C.Smith
1280 - Z.Cordy
676 - M.Bontempelli
646 - L.Picken
612 - J.Dunkley​
Those five were worth 4654 points.

The KELVIN
The final Kelvin of the year went to fpcookie (287) with his team of Daniel, Picken (banker), Stringer-T2, Roberts-T2 and Dickson-T2. Behind him were StringyDog (280) and Curly5 (216). stefoid (213) was the only other who cracked the 200 mark.

The PIEMAN
Announcement of winner and season wrap-up soon...

THE PIEMAN WRAP FOR 2016

upload_2016-10-19_9-42-21.png
The Pieman for 2016 is "No Mercy" StringyDog (4164) by a massive 964 points from threenewpadlocks (3228) in 2nd and Th3 DoG FaTh3R (3173) taking 3rd place. Congratulations Mr StringyDog! I'm sure one of the mods can fix you up with a shiny new piecon.

StringyDog's road to glory started with his pre-season team of Suckling, Bont, Stringer, Toyd and JJ, When trade period 1 came around Stringy was in 27th place and threenewpadlocks was 46th. In trade period 1 Stringy was pretty conservative, upgrading Suckling and Toyd to better handicaps (T1 values) and only bringing in one new player - Dunkley for the injured JJ. So by the time of trade period 2 Stringy had moved up to 15th and threenewpadlocks was languishing in 53rd!

Stringy's winning move came in the second trade period when he rolled the dice by bringing in the unlikely Zaine Cordy (one goal all year and that was in the VFL) and Clay Smith for Suckling and Toyd. He also upgraded Stringer to a better T2 handicap. threenewpadlocks was not as adventurous in T2. He only changed one player - Zaine Cordy in for Jordan Roughead - but it was decisive. Zaine alone was worth 1440 Pieman points since trade period 2 and Zaine and Clay together were worth 1687 points. And that's without considering the effect of having Zaine as banker!

The rest is now Pieman history. As Bev has demonstrated all year you have to be daring to win it.

My sympathies to Th3 DoG FaTh3R who was a clear leader after Round 18 (TP-2) but couldn't hold off the Cordy fuelled burst of the winner and runner-up.

Here's the final leaderboard:

Here's some other little bits of Pieman Trivia for you:

The Annual Kelvin Award (most Kelvins won during the year):
ScragCity and threenewpadlocks shared this with 3 each.
Curly5 StringyDog Mattdougie and Th3 DoG FaTh3R had 2 each.

Most goals (this usually favours those who pick the low handicap players):
QPRangers - 138
Sentinel - 126
Fossie 32 - 120

Best return on bankers:
604 - StringyDog
480 - Th3 DoG FaTh3R
472 - Curly5

Pieman Team of the Year (based on pre-season handicaps)
1440 - C.Smith
1280 - Z.Cordy
676 - M.Bontempelli
646 - L.Picken
612 - J.Dunkley
Those five were worth 4654 points.

Leading Goalscorers (amazingly low for the premiership side)
42 - Stringer
40 - Dickson
26 - Bontempelli
20 - Redpath
18 - C.Smith (all of them after Rd 15)

The Wooden Piespoon
1454 - Simon Phoenix (who came from ahead to snatch the spoon in the last few games)
1502 - Wocka
1516 - Pogba

So that's it for another year. Let me know if you have any suggested tweaks etc for 2017.

Thanks for playing folks. It was fun as always.

Nice work as always dogwatch , I must confess the only reason I went Cordy was I knew we needed an option up forward and either he or Hamling would be it, was more inclined to go Hamling but the difference in handicap swayed me.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back