Competitions The Pieman Round 1 RESULTS

Remove this Banner Ad

Thanks for reminding me to open a Round 1 Pieman thread TempletonTheRat !

Post your banker here before the start of our game against the Swans if you want a banker for Round 1.
If you haven't entered a team yet you can do it in The Pieman season thread.

You have only 11 bankers for the year so use them wisely!

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

PIEMAN 2019 RESULTS ROUND 1

The Doggies are back! An inspiring win from an up and coming bunch of players. The addition of the experience of Duryea and Lloyd certainly provided better balance than we saw in many of our youthful selected teams of 2018.

We also have some new faces among the goalscorers - Lloyd, Naughton, Duryea will give the Pieman a different look this year.

Only 10 people nominated bankers - 4 had Lloyd, 2 had Naughton and the other bankers failed to kick a goal. Not surprisingly it was was those who had Naughton as banker who led the comp this week.

New boys lead the charge
Taylor Duryea
(62) snuck home ahead of Aaron Naughton (60) to be the Rd 1 Player of the Week. Then followed Lloyd (28), Richards (27), Gowers (26) and Schache (10) - none of these players has been on our list for more than a year. The only seasoned Bulldog on the goals list was Bont (11).

Only one Pieman entry has Duryea (boydshow) although former winner StringyDog swapped Duryea out of his original squad for Naughton late in the week. Swings and roundabouts there.

Here's the full list (columns are handicap/goals/Pieman Points)
1553479584312.png

I Smell a Rat...
The Kelvin - awarded to the entry with the highest weekly score - goes to TempletonTheRat (175) just ahead of former winner lachy (169). Both had Naughton as their banker. Wocka (137) had a much better start than last year and is currently third.

Naturally the Round 1 scores are also the progressive score in the Pieman, so TempletonTheRat is our season leader.

1553480087211.png

Competition details (including rules and how to enter) can be found in the 2019 Pieman season thread.

Only one in the top 16 without Naughton...don't think I will be up there long without him!
But Bevo might decide to move him back to defence. Then you'll be laughing.

I honestly don't think he's going to kick 3 goals every week anyway. (Just like there was no way I could see Gowers averaging a goal a week last year :$)

But Bevo might decide to move him back to defence. Then you'll be laughing.

I honestly don't think he's going to kick 3 goals every week anyway. (Just like there was no way I could see Gowers averaging a goal a week last year :$)

If Naughton goes back and Duryea goes forward it will be game over by mid year!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back