Competitions The Pieman Round 1 vs Collingwood 20 March 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

So it looks like we have an AFL season after all. Well we have a round at least. Let's take it one week at a time.
And what better way to start off the Pieman season than a clash with the Pies?

Here's where you post your banker for Round 1, but before we get onto that I need to remind you that it's not too late to enter. Just go to the season thread here. All the instructions rules and handicaps can be found in the first three posts. If you've already entered you can change your team right up to match start time which (at this stage) is 7:30pm 7:50pm this Friday 20 March, but as always it must be with a new post, not an edit.

Below are the entries received so far. No doubt there will be a few more to come (mine for a start ... and hopefully my pieman colleague Vinegar Mess ). If you're already in the comp please do us a favour and check that your team details below are correct. I'm good but I'm not perfect.

1584657176622.png

So ... on to the bankers.

Normally you have 11 bankers for the year but since the season has been shortened by 5 rounds we'll reduce that to 9 bankers for the H&A games. You also get an extra banker for every final we play.

So if you want to get your season off to a flying start with a high scoring banker, nominate him with a post in this thread.
Remember it's OK to change your banker but you must do it with a new post, not a sneaky edit of your original post. All banker nominations (and changes) close at match start time - 7:30pm 7:50pm on Friday 20 March.

Go Dogs!

EDIT 1: fixed the cut-off time - it's 7:50 not 7:30.
EDIT 2: table has been updated to reflect team changes requested up to late 19/3/20.

Last edited:

Doggies7

Premiership Player
Aug 31, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Milwaukee Bucks Manchester City
Dale please (i'm not on the list above but put in a team late yesterday, cheers)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lllllloyyyd!!!!

Please
Dale please
Dale please (i'm not on the list above but put in a team late yesterday, cheers)
I will take wally please
Cavarra please (as per my amended list :) )
Dale for me
Cavarra please because why not?
Cavarra for me too.
Naughton please.
English please
Mitchy please
Cavarra

Thanks DW
Dale thanks DW
Cavarra as banker for me please
Wally Banker please
Tim English as my banker, thanks.
Matt Suckling for banker.
Bailey Dale please
Cavarra please
Done!

PIEMAN RESULTS ROUND 1 2020
Well we'll make this brief. It's been a painful night.
One good thing about the Pieman is that even when we get flogged - even if we only kick five friggin' goals FFS - there's something positive to be found, no matter how small and inconsequential it is in the grand scheme of things.

So here's a tiny bit of good news ... for a couple of Doggies fans at least.

Player of the Week
It's a defender, Bailey Williams, who leads the POTW and POTY. New dad ScragCity was the only one to have him in their team.

1584712830039.png

What a pathetically small table that is.

The Kelvin
This week's Kelvin for most Pieman points is shared by Northern Dogs and Wocka who of course are also the competition leaders. Well done, you two.

I'll do some further checks on the scores but at this stage it's looking like it's all working well. Thanks Vinegar Mess for the technical assistance and advice.

And thanks everyone who's back on board this year and those who are playing for the first time. It's nice to have a few distractions in these dark times.

1584713331311.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Back