The Pies and the Flag........The Flag Pies

Remove this Banner Ad

Fun fact: if we remain undefeated for the rest of the year our 16th consecutive win will notch up our 16th premiership.

Come on, Pies, just five more wins!
I’m predicting an epic video release. Highlights of the streak followed by full match replays of the three finals wins.

We can dream.

Forward planning.
Need to find a place on this planet that has no radio/TV/internet access just in case we do make the Granny.
If we make it to the GF I'm torn between my usual long walk when interstate games are on and discovering the outcome and a terror that I might miss a once in a lifetime come from behind flag!

I’m predicting an epic video release. Highlights of the streak followed by full match replays of the three finals wins.

We can dream.
I watched the Demons DVD on their flag season and it was so depressing. All of the home and away footage was in front of empty stands and then they win the flag in Perth. Yuk It was on tv. I didn't buy it!

My mother never believed the pies would win a game. The 1980 gf taught me the wisdom of her ways. I didn't expect us to beat Melbourne, there is a sense of shame in that. Nevertheless the joy of victory eclipses all. I am not going to get wound up yet, happy to bask in the talent shown in what has been a series of quality games. Lock in the double chance first, then dare to dream.

Making the finals has been a massive win. I tipped us to go bottom 4, boy am I happy to be wrong.

The Dogs pinched a brave win in 2016 with the idea "why not us?", this year is at least as open as that.

So miracles happen, but it'd be close to a miracle if we did win.
Buckley said that this was a cumulative process of being in it for a number of years. Really, this is like one final hurrah for the 2018 crew that's still quite capable of winning with help from new recruits. I watched the 2019 qualifying final highlights to refresh my memory and we were impressive during that standoff. We're a higher scoring team, playing more free footy now so hopefully it results in success.

I keep wondering what if in regards to the age of our top players and those wasted years of the boring bucks game plan. The “rebuild” after 2011 because he couldn’t deal with certain players who were some of our best and the refusal to change until his actual job was on the line.

I haven’t enjoyed a season more than this year ever. To think players like AJ will only get better. We need to strike this year with a premiership as Pendles, sidey, Howe etc are close to the end, they’re still playing well so now is the time.

Buckley said that this was a cumulative process of being in it for a number of years. Really, this is like one final hurrah for the 2018 crew that's still quite capable of winning with help from new recruits. I watched the 2019 qualifying final highlights to refresh my memory and we were impressive during that standoff. We're a higher scoring team, playing more free footy now so hopefully it results in success.
We are a bunch of kids and vets that's for sure, but I'm coming around to the prospect that we're in a sustainable window, it's really only Pendles, Sidey and Howe that need to be replaced with elite level players and then find a Roughy replacement, and if we are honest none of them are playing as well as they were in 2018 and yet we were still 2nd on the ladder last week, if enough of Henry McInnes Macrea etc come through and some of our speculative trades like Kreuger Johnson etc come good with the Hill's McStay's Frampton's and hopefully another quality mid like Taranto who knows

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back